VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Cheslie Kryst has died by suicide. I am shocked and saddened by this.

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:38:31 01/30/22 Sun

https://nypost.com/2022/01/30/fatal-nyc-jumper-identified-as-miss-usa-2019-cheslie-kryst/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: What??

Author:
TarHeel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:51:13 01/30/22 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Very sad. You have to wonder what was going on. And to think NC crowned its new winner Saturday night.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:03:33 01/30/22 Sun

[> Subject: Oh...my...goodness....She was beautiful and a wonderful correspondent. How does this happen??? RIP MISS USA.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:53:03 01/30/22 Sun

[> Subject: Wait what?? I know it's true but I am stunned. It's crazy I was just thinking about her and how her star is rising. I am saddened.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:15:31 01/30/22 Sun

[> Subject: My heart just sink when I read the news on missupdates. I was thinking she had an accident or something but when I swiped right and saw the news... I was holding back tears. I think many people are asking why? I and some ppl wish that this is not true or that foul play was involved. Gone too soon. I feel so sorry for her and her family. My heart goes out to her family. May she RIP. Cheslie, you are a great Miss USA, many people are missing you!! RIP.

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:32:43 01/30/22 Sun

[> Subject: I just read this. I am shocked. Poor thing. What in the world kind of mental pain was she going through. Just terrible, terrible news.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:33:42 01/31/22 Mon

[> Subject: this is just the worst news. rip cheslie, you weren't just an inspiring miss usa, but an incredibly positive and powerful public persona <3

Author:
dink
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:06:23 01/31/22 Mon

[> Subject: Something tells me she experienced some type of trauma either in her youth or adulthood. From the outside looking in, her life seemed great? I mean she has a law degree and business degree. She is still collecting miss Universe checks. And has a life of luxury working for extra. But like Regina kind son who also committed suicide, luxury does not mean happiness.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:43:42 01/31/22 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon January 31, 2022 09:49:26   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: The first thing I thought of was a broken romance or pregnancy. But this was well thought out- very bright people tend to not be this impulsive.

Author:
TarHeel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:56 01/31/22 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: It could be a combination of both. But even still, makes no sense. All we know is that she left a note saying her mom gets everything

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:24:05 01/31/22 Mon

[> Subject: Out of curiosity, is this the first time something like this has happened to a miss Universe org girl? Specific to Chestlie being MUO (not under Crystle). Also, specifically of this rank of being a national title holder? And have other contestants committed suicide? I can't think of any.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:49 01/31/22 Mon

[> [> Subject: The only other suicide that comes to mind is Nafisa Joseph, Miss Universe India 1997. This is all just very heartbreaking,

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:18 01/31/22 Mon

[> [> Subject: This is stretching it, but Tess Elliott, Miss NC 1992, died from a sky-diving accident. She shared during her interview with Dick Clark about her thrills. That was sad.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:23 02/01/22 Tue

[> [> Subject: Maye Brandt, Miss Venezuela 198O, also suffered the same fate I believe. She failed to make the Top 12 in Seoul.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:57:02 02/02/22 Wed

[> Subject: The news this morning reported the coroner's official COD was suicide. Very, very sad. A pretty package on the outside hid the concerns of the inside.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:38:33 02/02/22 Wed

[> [> Subject: It will be interesting what comes out in the coming months. It's hard to believe that miss Universe was just a little over 6 weeks ago and she seemed perfect. And even her recent postings seem perfect. But my mom always said perfect is not good. Someone had to do something to her or she was harboring a secret. It's a sad situation.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:31:56 02/02/22 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Vanessa Williams, Carolyn Sapp, Kirsten Hagland, Tara Conner, Michelle McDonald.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:42:59 02/04/22 Fri

[> Subject: A sad reminder to all who post on social media including here, words matter. Who knows? Maybe something she read here by uncaring, unthinking people who simply turn off their computer and go about their day while someone may have been hurt by the written word, all through not having empathy for others.

Author:
Violet_Sarbloo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:34:04 02/02/22 Wed

[> Subject: It's hard to understand how someone that seems to have it all gets to the point where they feel there is no way out other than ending their life. Just goes to show that we never know what goes on behind closed doors. RIP Cheslie Kryst.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:29:01 02/02/22 Wed

[> Subject: So the latest update from her mom is that she was suffering from long term depression and her mom was just made aware of recently. It's really sad. What I find interesting is the news keep calling her the oldest /eldest miss usa. That was a good part of the issue she faced at usa and Universe.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:49 02/03/22 Thu

[> Subject: To "Tarheel" poster : 2 of your responses to this thread have been removed. We ask that you please refrain from posting explicit details of this event. It is in poor taste and unnecessary. This is warning those types of posts will not be tolerated.

Author:
Qban
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:06:07 02/03/22 Thu

[> [> Subject: And why was the Facebook post removed? It was a logical question

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:06:33 02/04/22 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I asked around and no one seems to know so sorry about that! Will post again.

Author:
Qban
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:34:04 02/04/22 Fri

[> Subject: So tragic. She was apparently suffering from depression. All those whack jobs at Missology are saying she took her own life because she was being bullied or she was killed. That trashy site needs to go ASAP.

Author:
Declan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:34:46 02/04/22 Fri

[> [> Subject: She was bullied she talked about it on her channel. Dani walker discusses it on her channel.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:22:55 02/04/22 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I did not say she was bullied. All beauty queens are bullied. I said that people on MIsso are saying she took her life because of bullying. She was suffering from high-functioning depression. Learn how to read before you respond. Thanks.

Author:
Declan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:13:29 02/04/22 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Hun there is a plausible reason that bullying is related to her suicide that is the most consistent thing she spoke about. And there is emperical research to support the intersection of bullying and suicide. So before you jump on someone learn peer reviewed research because you talking to a black man with a Doctorate not some dummy. Nice try though.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:51:18 02/04/22 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: What does the color of your skin or a type of degree have anything to do with responding to someone? Is that supposed to impress me? It actually does the opposite. This is not a study about bullying or suicide. This is about one person that took their own life. I will stick to the information that her mother provided rather than listening to a bunch of clueless pageant fans. Bullying and depression are two separate things.

Author:
Declan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:39:19 02/05/22 Sat

[> Subject: Regina King's son recently commited suicide and news of its occurrence was widely reported. I wonder if this sparked Cheslie's incentive to jump?

Author:
Balty_Toth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:23:11 02/05/22 Sat

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.