VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Enemas in hospitals

Author:
MarkM
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:07:43 03/18/11 Fri

Do they even give enemas in hospitals anymore? It used to be that if you went in for any kind of abdominal surgery you'd get an enema the night before and sometimes the morning of, yet friends of mine who have recently had surgeries ranging from hernia repair to gall bladder removal say that no enemas were given beforehand. What is being used instead? Wasn't the reason for presurgery enemas to make sure that the bowels were "clear" so that no "accident" would occur during anesthesia? I don't get it. (Literally).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Enemas in hospitals

Author:
Marianne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:39:47 03/18/11 Fri

In German hospitals they still give enemas. When 2 of my daughters gave birth, they were asked if they wanted an enema. They wanted and were given enemas.
Enemaed hugs
Marianne

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Enemas in hospitals

Author:
Ricini
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:38:42 08/13/11 Sat

Living in Germany too, actually my daughter has seven children. In no case she has received an enema in the hospital.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Enemas in hospitals

Author:
Marianne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:10:14 08/13/11 Sat

It depends on the hospital if they ask whether you want an enema - but I think in almost all you get an enema if you ask for it. Was your daughter asked and didnt want enemas - or wasnt she asked and didnt ask for enemas herself?
Enemaed hugs
Marianne

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Enemas in hospitals

Author:
Ricini
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:19:23 08/14/11 Sun

In the hospital neither was my daughter asked for an enema nor did she ask for this one before the delivery.

Author:
MarkM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:13:58 03/20/11 Sun

Hello Marianne,

I'm glad they still give enemas in German hospitals because it seems to be a lost practice in the U.S. I think it's funny that they do this because in a lot of European countries you can't even buy enema equipment in a drug store like you would in the U.S. and I've found that like here, many younger Europeans have no idea what an enema is.

[> [> Subject: Re: Enemas in hospitals

Author:
Marianne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:08:32 03/20/11 Sun

You can buy enema equipment in a chemist's shop or a "Sanitätshaus" (dont know whtrs that in English in Germany without problems. Usually its not on display - you have to ask for it.
Enemaed hugs
Marianne

Author:
JanetB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:17:54 05/12/11 Thu

The Fleet enema used in hospitals is exactly the same as what is sold in stores. Only difference: They are not packaged for individual sale, because they are purchased by the case.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.