VoyForums

Natural Pain Relief

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]
Subject: Enema addiction

Author:
Tom Bayley
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06:59:05 03/05/10 Fri

Firstly, my thanks to Frank for the setting-up of a column where one can discuss enemas free from politics and weirdos. (I don't consider that enjoying enemas classifies us as weirdos!).

Secondly, Frank, could you please reduce the size of your printing to match everyone else's?

Thirdly, the topic of enema addiction. I disagree that children should be given enemas regularly, as it clearly forms the basis of adult enema addiction. I only ever had one enema from my mother, at the age of 5, but the memory of it has stayed with me for the rest of my life. Whilst I enjoy enemas, like I enjoy moderate drinking and used to enjoy smoking, I would rather not have become hooked in the first place.

I have a choice about many things I choose to do as an adult, like smoking hash, and have decided I don't need to risk a hash addiction. With the enema I had as a child, I had no such choice. The only consolation, apart from the fact that I enjoy them, is that I don't think they harm my health at all. I am not sure that they improve it, as many enema addicts are convinced.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Enema addiction

Author:
Mycroft
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:53:36 03/05/10 Fri

My addiction began as anal eroticism from the very first insertion of a rectal thermometer as an infant. The physical delight was immediate and waiting with it in me is actually remembered today. Later came a first enema and the wonderment of it is beyond description. That's true now also, although the abject eroticism and frequency is replaced by pleasant sensuality and greater appreciation of the health benefits. I've outgrown all sense of social rejection as a result of liking enemas. My entire family knows of it and choses to be tolerant. I would wish the same could be true for all of us here.

Author:
Tom Bayley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:51:07 03/07/10 Sun

Mycroft

Did you feel socially rejected as a result of your liking for enemas? How did your family come to know of your enema fetish?
Do any other members of your family enjoy enemas or do they just acknowledge them?

Author:
Chris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:49:02 03/07/10 Sun

Why do we like this kind of thing? Little girls are told the anus is dirty and even immoral. So why are we sticking things in there and enjoying it? And is there anything more disgusting than what an enema makes us do at the end? Yet we do this for fun, again and again.
Before the internet I thought I was the only girl in the world who actually enjoyed getting an enema. Now I know I am not alone, but it still is not something I could discuss with my neighbors over coffee. Most people these days think of enemas in a very negative way, or as a bad joke.
[> [> Subject: Enema use, NOT addiction

Author:
dorothy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:09:11 03/07/10 Sun

Chris,

I know that you feel 'odd' over wanting or needing enemas.

But, enema use is not as unmentionable as many people think. Just a very few years ago, enemas were commonplace because they were pretty much the ONLY health therapy available.

People forget that THIS era is the age of pill-poppin, with every Doctor 'trained' by big Pharma -- that oral consumption of pretty-expensive medicines -- is how they MUST practice medicine, and how they have to 'treat' their patients.

But, not long ago, enemas, and enema therapy were the treatment of choice, and in my opinion, they should be the TREATMENT we all choose, instead of the relatively TOXIC pills and potions.

If you listen, today, to the TV ads for pills, you often hear all the disclaimers of all the "SIDE EFFECTS" of modern medicine. For the life of me, I don't see the 'benefit' of taking a toxic, or potentially dangerous 'substance' which has as much chance of harming me as it does of healing me.

I am reminded that one of our enema people has said, that "No physician, anywhere, EVER heals a patient. What they really do, is to try to keep the patient alive UNTIL their own immune system CAN heal them -- or words to that effect. Pardon me, please, if I have misquoted or erred in remembering what this man said.

But, for me, an enema is a pleasant, morning experience, which sets me up for a 'good day.' And YES, I 'share' my liking for enemas, with almost all ladies who come within the range of my voice.

We MUST STAND UP for this 'treatment of the ages,' -- a treatment WITHOUT side effects, with a 4,000 year history of helping people to have good health.
[> [> Subject: Re: Enema addiction

Author:
NYGil (Dorothy is right)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:39:21 03/07/10 Sun

I have to agree with dorothy, although I'm not sure I'm ready to discuss enemas with everyone within the sound of my voice. Having been raised in the 50's, enemas were very common, with most homes having one bathroom and a very good chance of seeing the family enema bag hanging behind the door (although even then we didn't really talk about enemas much). I think they were so common because it was something our mothers could do when we were ill, knowing that even if it didn't make us better, it sure wouldn't do us any harm. And as long as I'm on the topic, my mom was not a huggy kissy type of mom. When she'd be giving me an enema I always felt very close to her
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Enema addiction

Author:
Mycroft
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:01:07 03/07/10 Sun

NYGIL certainly struck a memory chord with me. My mom was an elitist over-achiever who never hugged or comiserated. When she put a warm enema in me it was the only moment I felt an intimacy with her. It was a very strong imputus to my addiction.

Author:
Newbie Rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:08:33 03/18/10 Thu

I am so glad to see a reasonable site where people can express common sense ideas and stories on this a very personal subject without someone criticizing, calling them names and more or less putting them down! I hope this site can continue on this very path which it has started.

As for the subject of douching, I think it is interesting to hear what women think and feel about this their most intimate experience both in private and shared. After all isn't that what we are doing with our enema experiences.

Keep the good, clean, common sense stories and ideas coming.

I may even again share some of my experiences which in the past I've been critized for.

Author:
Christine
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:03:52 03/07/10 Sun

While I grew up in the 60s, enemas were still very much given even if not as much as others state from the 50s. Many homes were still small and many had just one bathroom so it would not have been a well kept secret if someone was to have gotten an enema. It certainly was no secret among the neighborhood moms when one of the children needed one, however, and most of the kids knew if their friends had.

I'm not so sure that most of us are addicted to enemas as much as we remain firm believers that they can be beneficial both physically as well as mentally. I know in my case that an enema is the perfect way to relieve stress from these busy times.

Author:
Kate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:04:29 03/07/10 Sun

I don't know if I would call it an addiction as much as a habit, but I have it. But as others here have said, the impression of an enema today is not what it was when we grew up in the 50s and 60s. Then most families had some sort of enema bag or bulb and everybody in the family ended up on the receiving end at one time or other.
Now, if you listen to the comments young people make you would conclude the enema is just preparation for anal sex, or part of bizzare BDSM stuff.

Author:
carl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:57:07 05/23/10 Sun

I had my first enema when i was in the mid 30, now i am 52. the amount of the sessions has increased and are still increasing. I am also a suppositorie use- I find them usefull if i haven time to take an enema and sometimes i use them before an enema if i feel the need. When i am stressed and need to relax i usually have a coffee eenema.

Author:
Lauren
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:11:46 03/07/10 Sun

I grew up in the era of the enema and our house was modest even by those standards. Our bathroom was not luxurious but rather tiny with little storage for anything. My father built a small floor to ceiling cupboard behind the door and it held every item that our family of 5 needed even if we had to sometimes go rummaging through to find anything. The one thing that we never had to look for was the enema bag because dad put a nail on the inside of the door and it hung there when to being used. None of us were strangers to that bag and it was hardly an erotic item, but neither was anything else in that cupboard.

With a family of 5 everyone pretty much knew what anyone was doing in that bathroom and if someone was getting an enema the other 4 knew about it. That bathroom was ancient but functional and I can still remember it well.

Author:
Mycroft
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:37:36 03/09/10 Tue

Re: Tom Bayley, March 5th.
Two dark episodes made my enema interest widely known; the bitter rant of my departing spouse made it widely known among family, friends and strangers alike, and later a long period of emergency hospitalization for me brought all of us together again and the ex and our kids cleaned out the condo in order to sell it. There was much evidence of the fetish there to be found.
None of them enjoys the practice although one daughter has given her husband and her mom enemas for health reasons.
Ocasionally in jest I'll get kidded about my enema use if the conversation's context if right.
Clearly, the best defense agains the unhappy exposure I got is to forthrightly and in very positive terms describe the use and benefits of enemas within the family as part of a healthy lifestyle, on scale with brushing one's teeth, and is readily available to any of them should the need arise without any hint of a negative aspect of any kind.

Author:
Tom Bayley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:11:05 03/09/10 Tue

Mycroft

Many thanks for your reply to my questions. Your answers are much appreciated. How sad that your departing spouse had to show such bitterness by announcing your fetish to the world.

I had a similar experience many years ago. At that time I published a monthly newsletter called 'Behind Times' and I made and sold enema equipment and videos. I was prosecuted for selling an American enema video (as 'publishing an obscene article') and so my story was blazoned in the local press. As you say, you have to live with it. Oddly enough, the police found nothing obscene about 'Behind Times' or any of the articles I sold - just the videos.

Author:
Richard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:13:53 03/10/10 Wed

I just like to stick things up my butt.

Author:
Newbie Rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:00:34 03/12/10 Fri

I can't remember just how I came to enjoy enemas so much. I do remember my father recieving the from my mother prior to yearly tests as he had beaten colon cancer years earlier. A my memories lead to curisity of how enemas fealt. About 25 years ago I read somewhere keeping the colon clean could possibly prevent colon cancer. I don't know if there is any truth to this or not, but it started me down the path of something very enjoyable.

For over 20 years I had been doing self-administered enemas at least once, sometimes twice a month. I would even sometimes tell my boss at work I had a doctors appointment and take the afternoon off to go home and enjoy a relaxing afternoon of colon cleaning Since my retirement I find myself doing them once or twice a week. I seem to find the very relaxing and most pleasureable. At one point I tryed to get my wife into the same mindset, but had no luck. So I do my own thing whenever I'm along.

I don't see anything wrong with doing this, I just wish sometimes I could convince my wife to join me.

Author:
Frank (Moderator)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:26:43 03/18/10 Thu

Hi all...
Thanks for the great postings on many many topics. I certainly hope that this forum can continue to grow.

I wanted to comment on the idea that some of us think that enemas are out of favor. I don't remember where I read it; however about 5 or 6 years ago I read in an article that when the major pharmacy chains run an ad for Fleet type enemas in the Sunday newspaper fliers, be they the Fleet brand or Store brand, that that is always the largest selling item in those fliers. People buy them by the sixes or dozens. So, the bag may be out of fashion, but the little chemical enemas are certainly not.

I have also been chatting on line with ladies in their early 20's. A couple of them have told me that girls in their age group now use bag douches and enemas, and generally for the fun/pleasure of them, and not for medical reasons. If this is true, maybe there is still hope for enemas and douches done the old-fashioned way.

Would love other views on this subject.
Frank, Your Moderator

Author:
Newbie Rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:11:30 03/19/10 Fri

Unfortunatly I think a lot of girls use enemas as part of an eating disorder problem. They purge from both ends. I hope I'm wrong, but with as many young girls out there with this disorder It's hard to believe their not also using enemas for this purpose.

Author:
Liz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:36:05 03/27/10 Sat

I'm in Australia where the enema isn't very popular. I have no trouble talking about the benefits in mixed, adult company, but I'm very much alone. A few years ago I was in hospital and, after a few days, was quite constipated. I asked my physician for an enema and, a few hours later, I got 300ml - hardly enough to call an enema. When I told the nurse that I give myself at least one litre she was aghast! To shorten this, when I got back to my doctor he ordered a glycerine and water of 750ml. It was my first such enema and, after some conversation with my doctor, I learned that I got one of the very few enemas given in that hospital!

Cheers to all!

Liz
[> [> Subject: Enema Proclivities

Author:
janie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:35 03/28/10 Sun

Liz,

Your experience in being given a small-volume enema is very common.

Nurses 'of old,' knew, that to be effective, enough enema solution - sufficient to stretch the bowel - had to be injected in order to obtain optimal results.

MOMS of old were known to tell their children, 'IT HAS TO HURT, TO BE EFFECTIVE,' and without knowing why, those Moms had been taught that filling the child with enough enema solution to induce minor discomfort, was necessary to stimulate the production of what was as-then-unknown "Sertonin," that being the 'feel-good' chemical which is 95% manufactured in the gut, and not significantly made anywhere eles in the body.

But, in a public relations move, nurses scaled back on the amount of enema solution given to a patient, possibly on the direct order of the physician in charge of that particular patient, but more probably leaving the AMOUNT of solution given -- to the discretion of the nurse.

Today, in America, there may be a minor resurgence of enema use, because I read more and more about the dangers of other methodolies of treatment. Pill-poppin and potion-pushin' popularlity is falling off a bit, to my great statisfaction.

When my fiance was most recently in the hospital for 'tests,' he made sure to tell his physician that he would need soapy enemas, all during his stay. To his delight, two strikingly attractive nurses came to his room each day, and gave him 3,000 milliters in each enema !

You can get that, too, if you make it clear to your attending physician, that that's what you need, to "stay regular."
[> [> [> Subject: Addiction, good feelings, or tendencies

Author:
susan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:24:55 04/05/10 Mon

I get enemas from my fiance, and I am glad that I do. They most usually give me a feeling of lightness, in the belly, which I enjoy.

I also find that my mood is elevated most of the day, and I can handle the challenges of life more easily.

All in all, I think more Americans should get more enemas, rather than less, as the Docs are advising.

Any comments, anyone ?
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Addiction, good feelings, or tendencies

Author:
Terry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:10:40 04/05/10 Mon

It never fails to produce a refreshed, clean feeling, and when given by one's lover it's a wonderfully intimate event. Very private, but delightful.
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Addiction, good feelings, or tendencies

Author:
Newbie Rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:16 04/05/10 Mon

I'm not lucky enought to have a partner to give and recieve, but nevertheless I get a good feeling and am very relaxed when I'm done. As you said Susan, My entire mood changes for the better.
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Addiction, good feelings, or tendencies

Author:
susan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:25:27 04/06/10 Tue

Yes, Newbie Rich,

That's what I'm sayin'

My entire attitude changes for the better, as well, and somehow the daily cares and worries seem less threatening when "I" feel like I can handle them without as much stress.

My fiance is working on a theory that all the 'stuff' we have been taught about "FREE RADICALS" and how bad they are for our health is essentially the result of too much stress and other factors -- which combine to LOWER our body pH, as measured as 'acidity.'

Recently, he gave me a baking soda in water enema, which he had 'whipped up' in our kitchen stand mixer, to try to dissolve more air into the water.

With just limited experience, it's difficult to say just how much air he got INTO the water, and it's difficult to say how much benefit I received FROM that extra-aerated enema solution, but subjectively, "I" felt better, and I am trying to attribute that TO the extra air, read that as extra 'dissolved oxygen' in the enema solution.

Theoretically, he says, extra oxygen dissolved in the enema solution should {as O--} should 'attract' more H+ ions 'out of solution,' which is what the conventional medical docs are INEFFECTIVELY trying to do with their potions and pills.

It was interesting, helpful, and not difficult for me to retain the aerated baking solution. We are asking others to try 'whipping up' their enema solutions, and to add to our 'body of knowledge' about this idea.

Please write about your experiences with this {whipped up} therapy, and send me a note about it, posting it in this forum.

Author:
Glen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:23:31 06/07/10 Mon

Don't really think it qualifies as addiction, but the love of enemas is basically innate!
You either like them and always will, or you don't like them and never will!

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.