VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]
Subject: Antique Enema and Douche

Author:
Rob
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:42:12 03/31/10 Wed

There seems to be a continuing interest in some of the older items used for enemas and douching. Some may be due to nostalgia because that is what's remembered from our youth, but in other cases its because the equipment of today is of lesser quality and newer is not necessarily better.

In our house my wife and I have several old black nozzles left over from combination syringe sets where the bag and hose failed years ago. No matter because we use them with the newer ones and they're fine. We can't believe that we are the only ones to do this either.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Antique Enema and Douche

Author:
JanetB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:10:19 04/01/10 Thu

I'm 50 years old, and i was raised in a pretty conservative part of Canada. When my mother first taught me about feminine hygiene in the early 1970s, the prevailing wisdom was that, when you douche(I was taught to douche weekly!) If you are using a sitting position, such as on the toilet, or squatting in the shower, you got better results with a curved nozzle. If you were reclining in the tub(the position my Mom initially taught me) or standing in the shower, you got more effective results with a straight nozzle. A lot of people stuck to that without question. That was why, even though curved nozzles were getting hard to find, a lot of women still used them.

Author:
Kate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:25:13 04/01/10 Thu

If you use a douche nozzle for your enema you will find that a slight curve makes it easier to insert, since the rectum starts to curve toward your back.
Most straight white plastic douche nozzles you get these days can be bent. Warm it in hot water for a few minutes and carefully bend it by hand, then let it cool. I have done this many times.
Don't try this with older black nozzles as they are made of bakelite or hard rubber and are brittle.

Author:
Christine
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:12:43 05/09/10 Sun

I know that most of us remember with more than just a little nostalgia the enema bulbs and bags used during our childhood. At the time we disliked and in some cases feared them and whenever they came out or we heard the word "enema" we were not happy about it.

But times change and we all mature. Now we long for those wonderful bags and only wish that they were still sold because the modern ones are not the same.

In my case I also remember the first folding syringe I bought when I was in college, the friends who were with me giving me advice while I stool in the pharmacy, and the two decades of use that I got from it. I guess if I still had it, we'd call it an antique or maybe just a classic.

Author:
Terry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:50:18 05/09/10 Sun

Some time around forty or fifty years ago the black, bakelite enema nozzle, shaped like a miniature baseball bat, gave way to these horrible modern straight pipes. I suppose the manufacturers simply expect that the user is content to hold the thing in throughout the enema (or that the partner will do so). Why on earth don't they consider the added comfort--and absence of anxiety--that comes from having a nozzle that snuggles in past the sphincter and stays there?

I suspect just about everyone who is serious enough about the enema to visit sites like this one has long since discovered the vastly superior nozzles that are widely available online.

Author:
NYGil (antique enema bags)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:19 05/09/10 Sun

In our home in the 50's the enemas were given with the old reliable red open top enema bag with the red hose and black baseball bat shaped nozzle. A lot of my enema fetish has to do with those kinds of enema bags. Last year y last bag sprung a leak, so I went on e-bay and found two antique bags, both red open top with red hoses and the black nozzles. Both of these bags are in excellent shape, look hardly used and bring back a lot of memories (not to mention fantasizing who they were used on)

Author:
Peter (Austria) (Old enema kit)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:53:09 05/10/10 Mon

In my childhood in Austria most of the used enema kits were Enema cans made of sheet metal, mostly white enameled.
Equipped with a long red rubber hose and at the end a black gauge with a black bakelite nozzle.
Also in use were red rubber colon tubes.

So I cant enjoy the modern enema kits where all the rubber items are replaced by plastic and the beautiful can is now a plastic bag.

Author:
Barb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:35:35 05/11/10 Tue

Our enema bag is 30 years old and still works just fine. It is pretty much what others have described, a red rubber combination bag with red hose and black pipes. It's a Ward's Best brand and I can't count the enemas that it has given.

Author:
Little Sarah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:05:21 05/12/10 Wed

Yesterday I got an enema from our old family enamel irrigator - it was already used on my grand-grandmother when my grandmother was born.
Enemaed hugs
Little Sarah

Author:
George
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:50:17 05/25/10 Tue

About two years ago I bought a red open top enema bag on Ebay made by the B.F. Goodrich Co.. It's a real classic, with a red hose,black enema and douche nozzles(hard rubber,not plastic), stainless steel clamp, in the original box, with all the original papers (guaranty and instruction sheet)and the original sales receipt dated January, 1935. I use it on average about once a week and wonder how many times it has been used by others over the past 75 years and what tales it would have to tell if it could talk.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.