Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]
Subject: Colon Tube Insertion

Author:
Jerry
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:53:20 02/28/10 Sun

Colon Tube Insertion
Has anyone used a colon tube and if so, please explain any problems you had inserting, and the size and length you used. Im thinking of buying one to use for colonoscopy prep, but not if you cant get it inserted full length.

Thanks
Jerry

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Colon Tube Insertion

Author:
Frank
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:16:04 02/28/10 Sun

Hi Jerry...
I don't believe that using a colon tube to do colonoscopy prep is the way to go for the following reasons. There is no question that with a colon tube one can clean the colon out pretty well. The only problem is that if the small intestines are not totally cleaned out with something like golytely or other such preps that the small intestine will continue to release its contents into the colon. So even if you are clean when you leave your home to go for the colonoscopy, by the time you get there, other material will have descended into the large intestine from the small intestine.

I'm not sure what you are intending to accomplish with the colon tube. I do have a 30" silicone colon tube that I use occasionally. It is not that difficult to insert to its full length. It needs to be twisted as each corner is reached, but doable. I just don't believe that it will accomplish the total cleaning if that is what you are looking for.

If you have a different idea concerning this, please post it for all of us.

Thanks.

Author:
NYGil (colon tube insertion)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:13:44 03/02/10 Tue

My two cents here....I have used the 29 inch 32 Fr colon tube many times on myself and on enemates. Frank is correct about having to twist the tube during insertion, and I have found insertion is made much easier if the clamp is opened and the enema being administered as the tube goes in. Whatever you do DO NOT FORCE THE TUBE IN. As for whether this will do a better job of emptying the colon, an enema, whether given with a nozzle or a colon tube, has only one place to go, and that's into the colon. Several enemas til clear will totally empty the colon, but you still may have to deal with the contents of the small intestine

Author:
Rob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:50:11 03/02/10 Tue

I had a colonoscopy last year and the only acceptable prep was the laxative because they want everything flushed out of you from way above where an enema goes. About 10 years ago I had a sigmoidicopy and for that I needed to use two enemas, one the night before and the second the day of the procedure. The nurse told me to use fleets but under the circumstances it was more fun to have my wife give me a couple of warm soapy ones. The doc said that my prep was really good, too.

Author:
bill3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:18:22 03/04/10 Thu

I've had the best success using a fleet bag enema or generic substitute for deep insertion. I use a very warm solution and once the rectum is full, I usually can slowly insert the entire length of the tube, nearly 4', in the colon. The tube is soft and end rounded so injury seems unlikely but I'm no doctor. this is just my experience. It is necesary to use very warm water to siften the tube.

Author:
Newbie Rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:35:38 03/12/10 Fri

I have a 24" FR32 which I am able to insert all the way each time I do an enema. You start very slowly with a small amount of water flowing, lots of lubericant, twisting as you go, and inserting it very slowly! NEVER force the tube. If it will not go, pull back a little and reinsert. It may take a while, but in time it gets easier. Just relax and take your time.

Author:
Kenneth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:29:40 03/12/10 Fri

I use a 48 inch I beleive it is a 30 fr. silicone tube. I take as big an enema as I can stand to clean out the lower colon. (usually at least 3 qts) I then inject with a lube shooter three shots of lube into my rectum. I begin inserting the colon tube using lots of lube and going very slowly. When I feel the tube at the transverse colon I cough to assist it making the bend. Twisting back and forth also helps and is a good technique. Once the colon tube is fully inserted I can then take about 3.5 to 4 qt enema. THis fill me from the acending colon firts. I start out lying on my left side until I feel the tube in the bend at the trasversed colon. I then lie on my back insert more colon tube and when I feel it at the ascending colon bend I then lie on my right side and finish inserting. Go slowly, use lots of lub and relax.

Author:
Glen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:46:29 03/13/10 Sat

I tried exactly once!
I'll never do that again!
I cleaned out with an Epsom Salt and Soapsuds, then did soapsuds to a clear return.
Still, the tube somehow looped back and came out right beside where it was going in.
[> [> Subject: Re: Colon Tube Insertion

Author:
Switchablesusie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:43:59 03/25/10 Thu

You tried ONCE and will never do it again?

What kind of attempt is that?

Do you try hitting a baseball ONCE, do you try playing a piano ONCE, or tennis ONCE, or swimming, etc.
[> [> Subject: Re: Colon Tube Insertion

Author:
Glen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:19:29 03/26/10 Fri

The first time I tried hitting a baseball, it didn't exactly come back around and hit me in the eye. It hit the catcher in the foot!

Author:
Newbie Rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:09 04/12/10 Mon

Yesterday I was doing my weekly cleanout and was laying there thinking as I was slowly inserting my colon tube (24" FR-32) HOW WOULD ONE DO AN INSERTION TO ONE'S PARTNER?

I know it takes time, experience, lots of lube, solution to flood the colon, but running into bends, folds in the colon, as well as pockets the end sometimes runs into, as well as fecal matter are all things only the receiver can feel and react to. For example, I can feel and react when the tube goes from the rectum to the sigmoid colon, and from the sigmoid to the decending colon. As I pass through these points I get a feeling not of pain but I can feel and of the relief of pressure. Then the tube slides freely until I reach the transverse colon. From this point on it's just a matter of when the tube free's up enought to slide the rest of the way. At this point I'm not able to twist any longer, just slowly push.

With all the position changes, breathing changes, drawing back and reinserting, twisting, and all the muscle movements around ones colon, I can't see how a giver could insert this tube without injuring his or her partner.

I'm not lucky enough to have ever had a partner, but like I said, while doing it yesterday I started thinking and became curious.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.