VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:43:00 11/23/04 Tue
Author: Comptroller
Subject: Re: Wild Weekend Show
In reply to: Project S.A.M. 's message, "Wild Weekend Show" on 04:13:53 11/23/04 Tue

Like Project SAM, I feel doubly sickened by my cold dead hometown after having spent 3 days adventuring and bellowing at the Wild Weekend, of which the Monks performance was the definite highlight.

I feel lucky to have attended the premiere of the excellent Transatlantic Feedback documentary, was touched by the earnestness of its creator and startled by the close proximity of the Monks themselves!

Seeing the band perform live was mind-blowing, and intensely satisfying. I too had been hoping for Monk Chant, but the re-enactment of the 'gathering around the guitar & picking at it as you would at the flesh of a dead animal' as captured on the Beat Club recording was sheer heaven. Dave's pre-descent hand-rubbing and Eddie's carefully considered contributions will be long remembered.

I also had the privilege of meeting Gary and was delighted by how friendly he is. It was easily one of the best nights of my life. I will wear my monk-rope with pride.

Thanks again, and I hope you do return to the stage next year!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.