VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:24:02 12/07/04 Tue
Author: Thomas Leidenberger
Subject: Monks in Germany

I have recently seen a "Monk`s" performance on some German late night oldies TV show and just today found this website.
The show must have been in the mid 60ies and that was around the time, that I have heard the Monks perform live for the first time and been on stage with them, playing with my band.
Perhaps you guys remember the "CAMERA", an old movie theater which had been used as a location for band performances and bar.This was in a town called FÜRTH in Germany.I played blues rock with my band and I remember we had been impressed much by their rough sound.They played LOUD with their VOX stacks behind and it is true, the German audience was quite shocked and puzzled.We thought it was cool and liked their music.
I remember our drummer received an offer to join the monks then for some Asia tour, but he rejected.
Funny thing, we too went to `Nam in 69 for troop entertainment for 6 months.
Sorry to read, that your drummer passed away recently.
Anyway, this is just hello to the rest of the gang!
Regards from Germany,
Thomas
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/writePage.cfm?bandid=35934&bandnamesave=thomasleidenbergersongwriter

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.