VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:19:44 11/08/05 Tue
Author: Drew Dobbs
Subject: Read Black Monk Time!

Hola, monks and monk friends,
I very recently re-read my copy of BLACK MONK TIME the book. I knew that I'd have a different 'take' on it, after 8 or nine years of composing and being in bands, and just plain living (I'm 44, now) ---and as I suspected-- I loved the book even more the second time around. Not to take anything away from the other four monks, bless 'em- but that book is just freaking brilliant!! It REALLY came through to me this time how well written and planned out that book is! Those early chapters are SO cinematic.... not that I would encourage anyone to film it- gawd, that'd be risky!!
Years ago, the book was the real KEY that helped me decode and understand a band that I was curious and intrigued by, but not sure if I liked... After reading it and studying the album more closely, I did a complete '360 degrees' and came to be a HUGE fan. As a musician who has put in time in many bands, and played and written (and still writing) lots of different genres of music and noise, that record is a huge inspiration, on many levels,.
Like many people, I want to extend mu fondest THANKS and love to all surviving group members and their families!
Now, if only the rights/masters could be acquired to any and all FOOTAGE of them playing in the 60's, as I'd love to get my paws on that stuff on DVD!! As I'm sure a LOT of people would pony up to buy those!
Cheers,
Drew Dobbs

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.