VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:36:18 05/05/03 Mon
Author: Rich
Subject: Upcoming Radio Interview with Dave Day: 5/17/03

Greetings Monks and Monks fans! It is with great pleasure that I announce an upcoming radio interview which will occur in beautiful Bellingham, WA, with none other than Dave Day, Monk and banjo player extrordinaire!

I do a show on Western Washington University's station, KUGS 89.3FM (www.kugs.org), called "Elevator to the Brain Hotel". The show specializes in vintage 60s garage rock and psychedelia, and is one of the most popular specialty shows on the station. I (along with my colleagues at KUGS) am very excited that Dave has graciously agreed to come to our studio and talk about himself, his music, and his role in one of the most amazing stories in the history of Rock and Roll. The interview will take place during the show's regularly scheduled time slot: Saturday evening from 8-10 (and again, that's the 17th of May). Dave will also be a guest DJ, and is invited to play whatever music he sees fit.

First the bad news: Because of the current, idiotic lobbying being done by the big labels to limit the amount of Webcasting and streaming audio, our station is no longer accessible on the web. So, unless you are near or in Bellingham, WA, you will not be able to hear the broadcast live (note to anyone within a reasonable driving distance of our transmitter's range, you KNOW where you need to be on the 17th!). The good news is that the show will be recorded digitally, and will be archived somewhere on the web where Monks fans the world over can access it at their convenience. I will keep those interested updated on this.

Until then, many of us look forward to "Black Monk Time" at KUGS!

-Rich

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.