VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:08:27 08/26/02 Mon
Author: Eddie
Subject: Re: I won't to add the contest
In reply to: Ryoko Demon Caller 's message, "I won't to add the contest" on 12:38:53 08/24/02 Sat

Ryoko DEMON - you're absolutely right. I've noticed that more and more, we turning to discussion of the metaphysical nature on this website.
There is so much to defining contests - morphalogical diversity - all of it, like life, is remarkably alike despite the enormous appearance of diversity - metabolic functions etc. I don't wanna be in that contest either, but I am.
Freaks and geeks, entropy, the Darwinian theory - none of it explains how candle flames metabolize life and how those metabolic pathways inside us have to fight to keep nodding out when the energy of the universe tends to run down. It's gotta be nothing more than entropy. We can sit on a chair but we can't be one. And it's so confusing - take for example - no amount of analysis can tell us what water is. H two O doesn't explain anything. Molecular descriptions just get in the way. What is dirty water? What is clean water? All the definitions we have are premature. Take contests and music for example. Contests - I never win 'em. Music? It's nothing more than compression waves. Trying to tell others about it leaves us with nothing but limp explanations, not revealing how those compression waves can cause feelings of love or hate - happiness or pain - make you laugh or blow out your eardrums. Definitions! Bah - humbug!
You probably didn't win the contest. Neither did I.
I think I'm heding out, too.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Forum timezone: GMT-11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.