Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]
Subject: A delicate situation

Author:
Regina
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:21:41 06/07/11 Tue

I have been having trouble with my 9-year-old daughter that I would like some advice on how to handle. She has recently discovered masturbation and taken to masturbating whenever and wherever the urge strikes her. My husband and I, as well as our oldest daughter, have tried to explain to her that while masturbation is a natural, normal part of healthy sexual development, it is something to be done only in private. She does not get in trouble for masturbating unless she is doing it somewhere other than her bedroom or bathroom with the door closed. She has so far been spanked three times for masturbating in inappropriate places. She was most recently caught by her friend's mother in their living room during a sleepover. The mom was appalled and slapped my daughter's hand away, scolding her. When I went to pick up my daughter the next day she informed me of the incident and apologized for smacking my daughter's hand but made it very clear she thought my daughter needed to be severely punished. I was so embarrassed, but I explained to her that we've been trying to impress upon my daughter the necessity of doing such things only in private and apologized if my daughter's actions had offended her, assuring her it would be addressed as soon as we got home. She said she certainly hoped so and didn't want my daughter back at her house until we could all be sure there wouldn't be a repeat of the incident because she had only just recently broken her daughter of that behavior and didn't want her to start it up again. I said that I understood and asked her how she had taught her daughter not to do it in public, and she explained to me that after several warnings and lesser punishments for the same offense she had finally made her daughter "finish" while she was being strapped for the misbehavior the last time she caught her. She says it worked like a charm as her daughter had not done it since. I am hesitant to try this mother's technique, but I really don't know what else to do and have already warned my daughter that the next time she got caught masturbating anywhere except her bedroom or bathroom that she would be receiving a punishment she wouldn't soon forget because her behavior absolutely had to stop. Has anyone else had this problem with their kids? Advice would be appreciated!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: A delicate situationHas anyone else had this problem with their kids?09:28:08 06/08/11 Wed
Re: A delicate situationmichael04:52:45 06/22/11 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.