>
VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]6789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:04:41 08/02/06 Wed
Author: Simon
Subject: Oh, yes...
In reply to: zack 's message, "gay male tennis players?" on 13:05:06 07/22/06 Sat

The most enticing stories I have heard involve Stefan Edberg and Pete Sampras. Apparently, according to the story, Stefan introduced Pete to gay sex not long after Pete joined the ATP tour, when he was 18 or so. Supposedly they had a long relationship, which only ended when Stefan suddenly "retired", apparently after being caught (by a tour official) with an underage boy in a locker room. I have no idea if any of this is true, but I do recall that Stefan left the pro tour rather suddenly, unlike Andre Agassi's 2-year "farewell".

Obviously, even if the stories are true, Pete and Stefan are not gay, but certainly are bi. Other names I have heard discussed in the same reference include Mark Philippousis, Todd Woodbridge, Roger Federer, Andy Roddick, James Blake, Lleyton Hewitt, Jim Courier. For those who suggest that there are no gay men professional tennis jocks or no men that indulge in gay sex seems ludicrous to me.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> And therefore.... -- Jerry Falwell, 18:21:28 07/24/07 Tue

So what you are saying is that if a guy was gay and enjoyed gay sex but tried to be with a woman for a while he is bi? You can somehow read his thoughts and how into it he is and know??? I seriously doubt that.

Your logic is really screwed up. A person has a basic sexual orienation. Should he TRY a relationship or even sex outside of that basic orientation that in no way makes him bisexual. Bisexuality means an equal preference for either sex, most properly referred to as ambisexuality. And studies indicate that if it exists in reality it would be a rare exception. You have a basic preference. It's either for same or opposite gender. Should you move outside that orientation it does not suddenly make you bi.

Can't help think of the old line: I fixed toilets in my house for years and no one ever called me a plumber. Suck one dick and everyone calls you a queer. The act does not define the person. The basic orientation can to a degree. You can be a basic hetero and play with guys and not be gay. Gay and straight need to be seen on a continuum not as absolute definitions. Some people here hear about two guiys kissing and jump top the conclusion that theu are therefore gay. Nonsense. Pure nonsense. Wishful thinking and nothing more.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Bisexuality does not exist. You can not make a straight guy enjoy sex with another man. If you enjoy the same sex, you are gay. If you happen to fool around with the opposite sex occassionaly, you're still gay. Many people assuage their guilt by claiming to be bisexual. -- Dr. Joy Browne, 11:01:47 02/24/10 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> So, let me get this straight (pardon the pun): If you like the opposite sex, you're straight. If you like the same sex, you're gay. If you like both, you're still gay? Sorry, I don't buy it. You're right that some guys use "bisexuality" as a hedge because they can't admit they are gay (and there are even guys who say they're straight but like sex with men), but the fact that some people do that doesn't mean that everybody who identifies as bisexual is using it as a cover. -- Dr. Ruth Westheimer, 16:26:40 02/24/10 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.