>
VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]6789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:04:52 09/30/08 Tue
Author: Jerry Fallwell Sr. (Hell Correspondent)
Subject: I bet I know why!
In reply to: Beentheredonethat 's message, "When you assume...." on 15:26:39 09/29/08 Mon

It's to keep people like you feeling as guilty as possible for being the judgemental @$$wipes that you are.

I thought that I was the only person who should have the power of pointing the accusing finger. But now that I am burning in Hell, heck, someone has to keep order and peace on the planet above.

So rather than ask others "why they are here" how about asking yourself why YOU are here?

Is it to feel better about yourself by dragging everyone else down? Is it to assume just about everyone else is a closet case and the minute some dirt is found it needs to be shared with the world? Gee, how does doing THAT improve everyone's condition?

How about a dose of reality?

When the day comes that Internet Service Providers are required to display the NAMES AND ADDRESSES of anyone who posts ANYTHNING on the Internet then I bet most of you who feel so superior and so invincible will never post anything again. And why? Because then you would be ACCOUNTABLE for your hateful, nasty, judgemental comments.

You have no ability to empathize with anyone else. This is one of the most nasty boards in existence. What many of you call dish or gossip is nothing more than an underhanded, anonymous way of saying anything about anyone and getting away with it. Newspapers can be taken to court. So can people. But under the assumed veil of annonymity, many of you think you can get away with saying just about anything, claiming it is just speculation or gossip.

How would you like it if we had little hometown boards where people who had a grudge could call your daughter a whore or a crack user and never have to back it up. Or worse, maybe it was true. How would YOU feel? Whay makes you think a person who happens to be "famous" or simply reports the weather on local TV wants to have his privacy violated by people posting "what have you heard about...?" on a message board read by locals.

You snap back nastygrams to anyone who has ever challenged you. You say go away or ask why we come here. It's precisely to monitor what goes on. And we have just the same rights as you do. Don't you think for a moment that publicists, attorneys and law enforcement don't google the names of individuals they want info on. And this stuff pops right up. It is out there for EVERYONE to see, not just "people who come here."

But in your narrow little world of gossip and curiosity gone haywire you only think about some person YOU are obsessed with and desperately need to satisfy YOUR "need to know". And I might add, at any expense.

Sermon over.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> Ouch! -- Sarah Palindrome, 19:51:14 10/06/08 Mon

I agree that there tends to be a little to much freedom of speech here. That freedom has to be tempered with civility and truth. It is not fair to take a stab at someone and just glibly post innuendo that they are gay. There is a fine line between gossip as in telling some old yarn at the hairdresser and posting what amounts to be a statement about someone's sexual orientation or proclivities.

If I am elected there will be strict cuntrols placed on "message" boards." There will need to be hard evidence before you get to out someone. HARD evidence. Not "I heard".

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.