>
VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:15:13 01/22/08 Tue
Author: Depressed Brokeback Boy
Subject: Death of Heath

I was just shocked to hear about Heath's death. I know he was probably not family, but for a 25 year old "stud muffin" to be willing to play a gay cowboy in the current environment of "evangelical" sickness, he was indeed risking a great deal. The last part is only my opinion, so I hope people will respond to Heath and his positive contribution to film.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Heath L. -- Veronica K. Lucille Bouvier, 19:22:11 01/22/08 Tue

Yeah, probably not, with having been married and having a child. What a total waste of talent...and life. Sad.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> RIP -- bum bum, 20:07:59 01/22/08 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> i agree with your fine opinion of heath, not to be corny but he will be the new jimmy dean -- mickwhomisspells (steve bartelstein has brain cancer!), 20:46:20 01/22/08 Tue

i cried when i saw brokeback mountain, and loved it. i wonder if heath was on methedone, it kills, anna & son! etc!it makes me so sad to see such a talents light go out!on another note i read in tv newser that steve bartelstein has brain cancer, he was treated for testicular cancer. i like him , he was always very fresh mouthed on abc early news with bill evans and laure stokes!!.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Heath -- Ron Cornhim, 01:49:40 01/23/08 Wed

I don't think Heath risked anything - certainly not his career - when he decided to do BBM. It's not like his sexual orientation was ever in question and acting is acting. Lots of actors have played gay men in movies over the years.

I can't say I'm ever surprised when a Hollywood actor is found dead the way Heath was yesterday. Actors, musicians, and artists in general have always had substance abuse problems in greater numbers than the average Joe - it comes with the territory. It's just that some of them make a public spectacle of their (early) demise, such as Amy Winehouse right now, and others indulge strictly behind closed doors although Heath's health problems were somewhat known.

I feel most sorry for Heath's 2-yr old little girl who will never know her father and that is the true tragedy in all this.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Your quote... -- Gummonymous, 13:05:48 02/02/08 Sat

Re: "I don't think Heath risked anything - certainly not his career - when he decided to do BBM. It's not like his sexual orientation was ever in question and acting is acting. Lots of actors have played gay men in movies over the years."

---------------------------------

Then you would be surprised that Heath Ledger had plenty of rumors surrounding his own sexuality in certain circles. Not that this matters, but it does gall me that people bang on and on about how masculine and brave Heath was doing BBM, and that his sexuality was never in question. Yes dears, one can be masculine with a liking for the boys and still fool everyone. This not uncommon. Whether this is true about him I cannot say, but Hollywood is plenty bisexual, don't be fooled by a manly chin and a deep voice.

[ Edit | View ]

[> When Brokeback was released Jake was on Oprah talking about how when Heath hooked-up with Michelle his trailer was off limits. There was a sadness in his voice when he talked about it. I wondered if Heath hooked-up with her just to keep Jake from his trailer. -- George, 05:55:06 02/04/08 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Acting -- Darth Vader, 19:21:23 02/04/08 Mon

It's a sad commentary that it is a risk to PLAY a gay charachter. That speaks volumes about the idiocy of the public. Is Gandofino a member of the Mob because he PLAYS one on the Soprano's? But a guy plays a gay charachter and suddenly his career is washed up in Hollywood? That is purely ridiculous. People need to get a life and understand the reason they call a play a PLAY and a movie a MOVIE is because they involve ACTING not BEING.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Darth...ummm -- BoomBoi, 01:30:05 02/17/08 Sun

...fine, he might have been acting, but does that mean even if he WERE gay he'd somehow deserve ridicule?

Nobody deserves ridicule, whether they are acting or actually gay. And we don't know Heath's sexuality so it's all hindsight anyway.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.