VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: IGT error code 61 and 61-1

Author:
Scott
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:20:59 01/01/15 Thu

This is a S-plus machine. I know this has been asked before but maybe I can give more info for my specific problem. The machine had been in storage for 4+ year. When I first powered it up got code 12 so I replaced battery. Now it powers up with code 61. If I hold the reset key for 3 seconds the lever releases and I can page through a menu with the reset key and the reel spin button, eventually it comes back to 61. If I power up then hold the setup button for 3-4 seconds I get code 61-1. Then close door and try the reset key nothing happens, actually nothing will make changes at this point. Power it down and back up and it has code 61.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: IGT error code 61 and 61-1

Author:
Jack
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:34:23 01/01/15 Thu

Often when this happens a switch some where is showing open, usually the BV switch but is can be a belly door or main door switch.

A 61 and 61-1 are usually cleared easily by holding the self test switch for 3-5 seconds closing the door and turning the reset switch.

Back in the day new techs would have this problem constantly. Another tech would come over push in on the BV door, close the main door, and it would work.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: IGT error code 61 and 61-1

Author:
Scott
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:53:18 01/01/15 Thu

WOW, that was it! I had checked the doors many times, still not sure exactly what was causing it, maybe the optical sensor.
Everything seems to be working, almost. I am new the s-plus so not sure exactly what to look for as far as problems. It will accept bills and issue credits. The reels spin, plays tune, seems ok.
The coin comparitor cc-160 has a green light with the door closed but only passes coins to the tray. What tests can be performed on it?

Author:
Jack
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:46:27 01/01/15 Thu

If the battery was changed the game denomination and other settings need to be set back up before it plays. It been to long to remember which setting were which. A S-Plus book will show where to set the denomination and max bet setting ect. If it has a BV than set-chips are needed to enable it.

Author:
Scott
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:06:43 01/01/15 Thu

I thought I would need to set those things also but it accepts a dollar bill and gives 4 credits so I think the denominations are correct. It's just the coin slot that isn't working.

Author:
Jack
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:22:50 01/01/15 Thu

If the BV works than it didn't lose the settings and something must be wrong with the CC check the wiring and that a coin is inserted properly. The small potentiometer can be turned to adjust the accept rate. They will accept anything if turn counter clockwise.

Author:
Scott
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:45 01/01/15 Thu

I made a jumper so I could work on it with the door open, that helped a lot. I checked all the connections and wire condition on the CC, it was all in good shape. I cycled the connectors through several plug / unplug cycles. That didn't seem to help. I ran the sensitivity pot to each extreme several times to clean the wiper and set it to about 25% off full CCW. That seemed to be the fix. It is all working now, All the counts are good. Thanks.

[> [> Subject: Re: IGT error code 61 and 61-1

Author:
Jack
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:00 01/05/15 Mon

That great you got it working. I remember that old door jumper trick most don't know about that. The CC capacitor may be going bad that used to happen with those all the time.

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.