VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: 61 Code Clear Chip?

Author:
Rick
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 07:31:54 03/16/09 Mon

Hi,

I have been doing some searching and diggin and it seems my holy alternative now since getting this 61 and 1800 and 9999 code is to use a igt clear chip.

I am nervous about this as i do not know what steps are involved can you explained to me what this does and all teh steps involved in doing this..? my concern is when i reboot the machine i may need to do things to the machine that i am not sure will be around since the machine is from 1991.

Do you know if this is worth the money to buy the chips and also do i have the right equipment for the clear..?

Thanks again in advance

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: 61 Code Clear Chip?

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:26:03 03/17/09 Tue

Sorry Rick for not getting back earlier been a little busy. Your board may be need a ram clear if so then you will need the clear chip. It is basically a chip that goes where the program chip is; and when it is powered up it clears out the CMOS on the MPU and the E-Square on the Mother board. The CMOS chip is easy to clear because it can be pulled out from the MPU. If the Motherboard chip gets corrupt then it is harder, because it is solder in.
I have rarely had to clear an IGT game with a clear chip. Because if you physically pull out the CMOS chip on the MPU; this will usually work. If all else does fail you may need the clear chips.
Where a bit busy where I’m working I’ll give you more info when I can.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:42:58 03/18/09 Wed

Working with S-Plus clear-chip or set-chips are easy the only thing to remember.

1. Always insert the chip the correct way. This is usually indicated by a “U” indication or a dot. If in doubt remember pin 1on the board goes to pin 1 on the chip.
2. Be careful not to bend the legs on the chips. A special tool can be used, but a small screwdriver when used carefully is what most techs’ use. Don’t pry one side out all the way; pry both sides evenly until the chip comes out.

The Reel Prom (Reel strip program) and the Game Prom (Game program) are the chips that need to be transferred to your new MPU. When these are transferred most tech’s pull out the CMOS chip, because it still holds the old information from the last game.

This game information is also held on the Motherboard E-Square chip, which is a small chip, and the only one on the Motherboard. Since it is soldered on the motherboard it will not be as easy to clear like the CMOS.
So basically the CMOS chip on the MPU and E-square chip on the Motherboard are getting confusing information.
You may try to clear this bad information by trying to physically remove the MPU CMOS chip waiting a few seconds and putting it back in. Basically removing it from the battery long enough to lose its information. If this does not work then you may need the clear chip.
If you do need to use a clear chip it will look like the program chip (game prom) you will remove the Game chip insert the clear chip install it into the machine. Power up the game hold the white-self test button for a moment, then power down the game reinsert your game chip, go through the “61” tilt and you should be ready to go. (Some clear-chips required the outside key turned).

PS: you did transfer the Game Prom and Reel Prom from your old MPU right? These are the chips that need to be transferred since they match your glass, reels and payout for your game.

[> [> Subject: Re: 61 Code Clear Chip?

Author:
jody davis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:32 12/06/11 Tue

>E-Square chip, which is a small chip, and the only one
>on the Motherboard. Since it is soldered on the
>motherboard it will not be as easy to clear like the
>CMOS.
>So basically the CMOS chip on the MPU and E-square
>chip on the Motherboard are getting confusing
>information.
>You may try to clear this bad information by trying to
>physically remove the MPU CMOS chip waiting a few
>seconds and putting it back in. Basically removing it
>from the battery long enough to lose its information.
>If this does not work then you may need the clear
>chip.
>If you do need to use a clear chip it will look like
>the program chip (game prom) you will remove the Game
>chip insert the clear chip install it into the
>machine. Power up the game hold the white-self test
>button for a moment, then power down the game reinsert
>your game chip, go through the “61” tilt and you
>should be ready to go. (Some clear-chips required the
>outside key turned).
>
>PS: you did transfer the Game Prom and Reel Prom from
>your old MPU right? These are the chips that need to
>be transferred since they match your glass, reels and
>payout for your game.
i have a sizzling 7 igt and it has a 61 code . i unplugged the cmos chip andit still came back

Author:
rick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:09:52 03/19/09 Thu

Hi,
Thanks again for taking the time out to help me.. no worries about the delay.. :)

Yeah i def switch the chips correctly no bent pins or anything. I even removed the CMOS chip for a few minutes to see if that would help to clear it.

This is where i am at now..

Got the new board put old reel and game chips in.
Machine has 61 code wont ding when doing reset turn jackpot key and my arm starts clicking and releasing like crazy.

Took out the cmos chip for 5 minutes to maybe clear memory.
Still got the 61. Disconnected door optics reconnected door optics. Nothing

Then said let me use the old board again and see what happenes. Took the chips out of the new board and put everything back to the old board. Now i got the 41 reel code again.

So is it my machine or the mother board...? I mean i cant clear the 61 on the new board YET when i put the old board with orginal chips i get past 61 and i get a 41 so that means that i really shouldnt have to do a Clear Chip then right...? That is might be something else..?

Thanks

-Rick

>Hi,
>
>I have been doing some searching and diggin and it
>seems my holy alternative now since getting this 61
>and 1800 and 9999 code is to use a igt clear chip.
>
>I am nervous about this as i do not know what steps
>are involved can you explained to me what this does
>and all teh steps involved in doing this..? my
>concern is when i reboot the machine i may need to do
>things to the machine that i am not sure will be
>around since the machine is from 1991.
>
>Do you know if this is worth the money to buy the
>chips and also do i have the right equipment for the
>clear..?
>
>Thanks again in advance

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:22 03/19/09 Thu

The “MPU CMOS” and “Motherboard E-square” chips, have to have the same information or you will get a “61” tilt. Somehow they both don’t have the same information.
If the original MPU is giving you a “41” then do this

1. Get the original chips and game MPU as it was and get the “41” tilt.
2. Take the second board transfer the chips
3. Before powering on or inserting the new MPU remove the CMOS to clear it (this is the most important part).

Somehow the old data from the chips on the new MPU are getting mixed up with the old ones. Using clear chips is the easiest way around this, but you may have luck with the above steps.

PS: Also check for any jumpers next to the reel and program chips, and that they are in the same place.

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:19:34 12/06/11 Tue

A 41 tilt is the reel one. The first reel is having a problem.

Author:
rusty ayers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:50:20 12/29/12 Sat

how do i get a clear chip

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.