VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: red white and blue


Author:
kenny (frustrated)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:14:13 11/09/09 Mon

i have a red white and blue slot machine.the reels wont spin when i turn it on and nothing on the display.cant do a self test.was working fine but unplugged it due to a lighning storm and when i plugged it back up the lights came on and that was it.can you help please?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: red white and blue


Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:13:45 11/10/09 Tue

I would start with the simple things like checking all the fuses and making sure the MPU is inserted all the way in. If there is a blown fuse and it keeps blowing check for any loose change that could have fallen out of the hopper. Since it was working before you unplugged it is most likely something simple.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: red white and blue


Author:
JOSIE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:07:00 06/25/13 Tue

>I would start with the simple things like checking all
>the fuses and making sure the MPU is inserted all the
>way in. If there is a blown fuse and it keeps blowing
>check for any loose change that could have fallen out
>of the hopper. Since it was working before you
>unplugged it is most likely something simple.
what is a MPU?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]


[> Subject: Re: red white and blue


Author:
kenny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:08:14 11/18/09 Wed

>i have a red white and blue slot machine.the reels
>wont spin when i turn it on and nothing on the
>display.cant do a self test.was working fine but
>unplugged it due to a lighning storm and when i
>plugged it back up the lights came on and that was
>it.can you help please?
i checked fuses.even took the ones out of one of my other machines that is working and still the same thing.no loose change.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: red white and blue


Author:
josie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:43:28 06/25/13 Tue

>>i have a red white and blue slot machine.the reels
>>wont spin when i turn it on and nothing on the
>>display.cant do a self test.was working fine but
>>unplugged it due to a lighning storm and when i
>>plugged it back up the lights came on and that was
>>it.can you help please?
>i checked fuses.even took the ones out of one of my
>other machines that is working and still the same
>thing.no loose change.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> Subject: Re: red white and blue


Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:31:19 11/18/09 Wed

Is the machine giving a tilt number or any number in the coins-played, credits-window or any of the LED displays? If it is giving a tilt number then that will indicate the problem the machine is having. If not then try to reseat the MPU being sure that it is seated correctly.

If there are no display codes or numbers on the LED displays then the problem could be The MPU, wiring, motherboard, or power supply. Power supplies rarely go bad with the S+ games. I have seen the power supply plug go bad where it plugs into the mother board. You can also check the voltage there to be sure it is not the power supply. The only real problems motherboards usually have are EEPROM that goes bad and causes a door open. I have seen loose soldering connections where the power plugs in go bad causing problems.

MPU and Wiring are by far the usual problems when getting no power (As long as the fuses are good). There are four main diodes on the MPU where the power comes in that often go bad and need to be replaced.

If you have set-chips for the game and the know-how it is easiest to start part swapping as long as you have another of the same game. Part swapping is when you swap out things like the MPU with a known good and see if the problem follows. Be aware though you may need the set-chips to re-enable some options such as the BV.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]


Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]


Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.