VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: back lit reel problems

Author:
rjpohl
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 05:40:47 06/19/09 Fri

I have a IGT S2000 BIG TIMES PAY with bonus reel and back lit reels.
Problem is the back lit reels do not work during normal play but do work under the i/o test procedure (4.10). Normally the back lit reel bulbs should be very dimly lit whrn the poser is on, these are not. I have tried chaning the bulbs, reel hardness, i/o cabinet board and the wire harness, I have also replaced the small circuit board on the rear wall.
Does any one have any suggestions?
thanks
Bob

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: back lit reel problems

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:28:20 06/19/09 Fri

It looks as though you have followed all the right things that would cause a problem like that. I would have thought it was the cabinet I/O but you have changed it out then it obviously canít be that. The way it works in test mode and then not during game play is very strange. I would try to change out the main program chips that run the game or reseat them and look for any bent pins. I have seen bent pins or bad game chips cause strange problem like that. Sometimes it can be hard to spot a bent pin without taking the chips out and examining them. Let me know how it goes.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.