VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: Rare IGT

Author:
Kent (sad)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 01:01:42 09/24/08 Wed

I need help here we have an IGT Whirl Wind also known as a FG-506 as the name plate reads, AKA coin flipper, control board has anyone ever seen one of these boards? Iíd love to buy another set. Anyway maybe someone can help me fix this set, when the machine is cold and first powered on everything works fine then one thing at a time starts to malfunction like the controller is not putting out enough power, a good example of this is there is a 110 volt diverter solenoid this is always the first thing to stop working when it does stop working and I meter the voltage going to it it only reads 8 volts, then there are two solid state relays that only take a few volts to work they start going crazy on off on off very fast, and then the machine tries to restart everything sometimes it can other times you have to power down and wait a few minutes. Iím not an expert but Iím thinking maybe a capacitor is bad? If so how could I test the capacitor? Or it could be the transformer on the board; I couldnít find any information on it the only thing it says is ďsignalĒ which I know tells us nothing.
Can I post pictures here?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Rare IGT

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:39:57 09/24/08 Wed

HI Kent, yes please post a picture as I am a little confused about your game Make and model (can you give a date it was manufactured). I am assuming that this is an electro-mechanical game, if this is so then I have limited experience fixing these games, but I will help you with what I do know about them.
To be able to check capacitors with any real accuracy you would need a Cap Wizard which cost about 175.00 dollars. There is a way to check Caps with a DMM by charging it then discharging it, but I have never had much luck with accuracy doing it that way. Caps are cheap so if you think that some are bad just change them out (the electrolytic Caps).
Components that fail after a machine is running good for a while is usually a heat problem. Certain things like ic chips can fail when they reach a certain temperate. This also seems to maybe be a power supply problem. Post a picture or email me arrr_anger@hotmail.com and any other things you may have so I can tell what kind of game this is, and I will have a better idea on how to help.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> Subject: Re: Rare IGT

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:48:00 09/24/08 Wed

By the way only linkable images are allowed on VoyForums it may be easier just to email me a Picture then post everything else here. arrr_anger@hotmail.com

[> [> Subject: Re: Rare IGT

Author:
Kent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:09:40 09/25/08 Thu

http://gallery.filefront.com/coinopnut/ I hope this works this should show the pics

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.