VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: slot machine problem

Author:
ken
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:11:24 10/16/09 Fri

i have a bally 1000 series slot machine that i had the 3.6 volt ni cad battery go bad and soldered a new battery on the board and it now has a code 2 on the led display on the number 6 display (right side)and the reset & test buttons dont do anything. the book i have shows this to be ram failure mode #1 (safe). i have no idea what this means, do i need to replace ram? if so where can i get one? please help .

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: slot machine problem

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:22:58 10/16/09 Fri

Wow a Bally 1000 I havenít seen one of those since the mid 90ís. Iím looking for a manual to help me remember your machine. There is a RAM clear chip that used to be used to clear out old data when needed. Iím not sure if the 1000 series had a Safe RAM clear as the 5000 and 6000 do, but if you have the manual it should tell you. Also I would reseat the chips on the MPU just to make sure they are seated all the way. I canít remember that much at the moment about your machine since itís been so long. Iíll ask around to see if anyone else remembers the Bally E series machines.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.