VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: 777 machine keeps running

Author:
@hotmail
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:05:15 12/27/09 Sun

my 1992 IGT 777 hopper will not shut off,even when hopper is empty

thanks
larry

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: 777 machine keeps running

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:48:28 12/27/09 Sun

You have a hopper run away which could be caused by a bad SSR which controls the hopper, coins that fell out of the hopper and are shorting something, bad MPU, wiring, Bad coin-out-optic and so on. I donít have enough information to help more.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: 777 machine keeps running

Author:
larry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:56 12/27/09 Sun

>You have a hopper run away which could be caused by a
>bad SSR which controls the hopper, coins that fell out
>of the hopper and are shorting something, bad MPU,
>wiring, Bad coin-out-optic and so on. I donít have
>enough information to help more.

Thank you!!
We have had the machine since 2004 it always worked fine,we did not use for a while,code 31?
guess #1 SSR or guess #2 optical output???? thank you ~L

[> Subject: Re: 777 machine keeps running

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:52:18 12/29/09 Tue

I still donít know much about your machine. I stated what could cause your problem but need more information to narrow it down. Does your machines have credits, and is trying to cash out when you close the door? Is it just running all the time even with the door shut? Does it go into a tilt such as 3100 3200 or so on?
The hopper in your machine uses AC voltage to run the motor but controls it with DC it does this through the SSR (solid State Relay) The MPU will send a DC signal to the SSR when it needs to cash out coins. The coin-out-optic counts the coins as they exit telling the MPU when to send the shut down signal to the SSR. If the SSR, MPU or wiring is shorted then it may be sending a signal and never shut down. If the coin-out-optics is not working correctly then a shut down signal will not be sent to the MPU and the machine should tilt 3100 3200 so on.

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.