VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: bally e-2000 reel stuck on

Author:
Ron
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 02:28:10 01/19/10 Tue

I have a bally e-2000 slot machine.It is a 3 reel machine and the third reel coil is stuck on. When i turn the game on I can play one spin and then get a fault code of 43 (third reel fault). Then it tilts. I changed the tirac that drives it on the i/o board,no help. Any ideas? Thanks
Ron

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: bally e-2000 reel stuck on

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:59:46 01/19/10 Tue

I am unfamiliar with the reel mech in your machine but if you can swap around the reels and see if the problem follows. Basically whenever there is a reel problem you want to narrow down if it is the reel or the MPU/wiring. By swapping around the reels say reel one to reel three you can see if the problem follows the reel or stays the same which would then indicate a MPU or wiring problem.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: bally e-2000 reel stuck on

Author:
Ron
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:37 01/19/10 Tue

>I am unfamiliar with the reel mech in your machine but
>if you can swap around the reels and see if the
>problem follows. Basically whenever there is a reel
>problem you want to narrow down if it is the reel or
>the MPU/wiring. By swapping around the reels say reel
>one to reel three you can see if the problem follows
>the reel or stays the same which would then indicate a
>MPU or wiring problem.
Should have mentioned I already did this and the third reel is still locked on. I can try wiring,but it appears to be the i/o board. I have all the manuals for this slot,but as I'm sure you know,there are no schematics for the board. Just the interconnect schematics. I put a scope on it and really dont see anything. Thanks for any help.
Ron

[> Subject: Re: bally e-2000 reel stuck on

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:16:29 01/19/10 Tue

Unfortunately I have never had to work on an older 2000/3000 Bally machine that you have. The I/O for the reels since the 80ís such as the 5000 Bally series machines have the I/o built into the MPU. Your machine I am guessing has this built into a PCB board dedicated to running the I/O for the reels. If you know it is not in the reel then it has to be in the wiring or I/O. usually it is not the wiring although as machines age it can become a problem. Most likely it is the I/O board that has a bad reel driver. I used to do board work on MPUís for games like the S+ PE+ Bally 5000 and so on and it can sometimes be as simple as a burnt transistor which can act as a sort of fuse or break before more damage was done. After that it should feed into a transistor before being sent to the boards main processing. I would check for these components and each reel should have their own I/O transistor and resistor. I wish I had more experience with your machine but it is a little before my time. Let me know how it goes.

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.