VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]
Subject: moms who go to their son's physical exams

Author:
Matt
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:33:36 06/13/09 Sat

i'm hoping other guys who have had their moms go to their physicals will write about, like how old you are and if your mom still goes with you, or when did she stop, and did you want her to stop, was your doctor a pediatrician or a regular doctor, and if you were comfortable with your mom being there or if it was embarrassing for your, and how much you had to undress.

i'm not asking anyone's opinion if they think a guy's mom should go or not, i'm just figuring that some of the people who post here had to have their moms go into their exams with them.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: moms who go to their son's physical exams

Author:
Matt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:11:51 06/30/09 Tue

OK now that this is working again i hope some guys will post here.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Kyle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:49:57 07/02/09 Thu

I've already responded to you before Matt, but to get the ball rolling on this new thread, I'll quickly answer your questions. My mom went with me until I was a freshman in high school, either just before or just after my 14th birthday (I don't recall), and the doctor was a pediatrician. I was sort of used to my mom being there every year but was more annoyed about being talked about in the third person. As was the case as far back as I remember, I had to undress to my briefs when we got to the exam room, before the nurse walked me down the hall to the scale. And at the end of the exam, the doctor would pull my briefs down to about mid-thigh, in full view of my mom.

So, your turn, Matt. Tell us all the details about your last physical with your mom present. Walk us through from beginning to end.

[> [> Subject: Re: moms who go to their son's physical exams

Author:
Tony - Moderator
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:23:40 07/02/09 Thu

It wasn't my mother, but my father who took me to physicals from 13 until 24 - yes, in the room with me all those years. Like you, Kyle, the doctor usually talked about me in the 3rd person, as if I wasn't there. That got better as I got older, but in the early years it was definitely 3rd person.

Exams were done completely nude (the doctor used to be an army doctor) so I was glad my father was there instead of my mother.

Author:
austin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:38 07/05/09 Sun

Stopped when I was 11. New doctor in the practice and when I got up and my mom did also, he said that was o.k. he would follow up with her after the exam.

I can't imagine having her there as the doctor examined my testicles, etc. I know, moms say, hey have seen it a million times, I changed your diaper but that is different.

Author:
old med staff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:34:22 07/07/09 Tue

I guess the reply to "hey have seen it a million times, I changed your diaper" would be to say "hey hey - saw the insides of you when I was a fetus - so I guess it would be OK for me to attend your next GYN exam".

[> [> [> Subject: Re: moms who go to their son's physical exams

Author:
snuggle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:32:50 12/30/09 Wed

Hey, that's a good come back

Author:
Dan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:55 07/07/09 Tue

i'm 17 and as per the rules of the doctors office i go to, a parent has to be in the room during the exam until age 18. so my mom goes with me and has just about every year. i don't mind her being in there at all anymore. when i started puberty i did, but i grew out of that.

Author:
Rod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:47:40 07/08/09 Wed

This is true, I know several doctors who won't see someone under age, whether boy or girl, unless he/she is accampanied by a parent or caretaker during the physcal or whatever. This is understandable since he wouldn't risk losing his licence by being accused of abuse of a minor. So he plays it safe. This is sometimes very embarassing for the teenage boy or girl but is a result of today's touchiness and oversensitiveness and scaremongering by many "we know best" groups.

Author:
D
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:03:23 07/10/09 Fri

Time to find a new doctor.

[> Subject: A Staff Member Would Be Better For Legal Protection

Author:
Thinker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:53:51 07/08/09 Wed

If a doctor wants a parent present for preventing a civil suit due an accusation, wouldn't it be safer for the doctor to have one of his own staffers present?

If a parent wants to make a false accusation he or she can easily make that claim if they are the only one present in the room with the child and the doctor. His own staffer would be much better protection for him.

That's why I think the parent presence is required for the comfort of the child who would feel better with a parent in the room. I do not believe the parent requirement is for the protection of the doctor against civil suits, which is what some posters here seem to think is the reason.

[> [> Subject: Re: A Staff Member Would Be Better For Legal Protection

Author:
Matthew
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:33:29 07/08/09 Wed

I'd rather have my mom come in with me (which she does) than have someone from the office staff come in and watch my get my physical exams.

By the way, tomorrow is the day me and my brother go to our pediatrician for our school physicals.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: A Staff Member Would Be Better For Legal Protection

Author:
Rod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:32 07/08/09 Wed

When you come back tell us what it was like, Matthew.

[> [> Subject: Re: A Staff Member Would Be Better For Legal Protection

Author:
Rod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:04:08 07/08/09 Wed

Most private practice doctors do not employ assistants or staffers, so this would be out of the question. As for civil suits a court is hardly going to believe that a doctor would do something irregular to a minor in front of his parent.

[> [> Subject: I Guess I Wasn't Clear Enough, Sorry

Author:
Thinker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:38:39 07/09/09 Thu

My point was not that parents shouldn't be there. I was
saying that the reason the doctor wants a parent there is not for his own protection as someone suggested above.

He or she probably wants a parent there for the child's comfort and assurance that mom or dad are present.

If the doctor's protection was the reason, he would be safer with a staff member. Since this is not usually done, it is obvious the parent is there for the child, not to protect the doctor from civil suits.

Author:
D
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:14:29 07/10/09 Fri

I see no reason why the parent can't just turn around while their kid quickly pulls his/her underwear down for a minute or two. If the reason the parent is present is truly to make the kid feel safer and not for the benefit of the doctor, what's the problem with turning their head for a minute? Would a kid, especially an older kid feel less safe if the parent's head was turned during that part?

The only reason I can see that a parent has to watch the hernia exam is if the parent really doesn't trust the doctor or the doctor doesn't trust the patient and parent (lawsuit). Would a doctor really try to cop an unnecessary feel on the kid while the parent's back is turned?

Author:
Tony - Moderator
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:16:22 07/11/09 Sat

My father went to my physicals when I was a kid and beyond - all through high school and college. He stayed in the exam room with me and watched the doctor do his thing. I would have felt stranger, actually, if my father turned around so he wouldn't see me naked. But then again, I grew up back in the day when boys weren't supposed to be so shy with their bodies (phys ed showers, for instance). It never occurred to me that there was anything wrong or embarrassing about my dad seeing me naked in a doctor's office.

Author:
D
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:26 07/12/09 Sun

I was actually refering to the opposite gender parent.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: moms who go to their son's physical exams

Author:
Rod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:25:27 07/13/09 Mon

Correct. Is it just moms who go to their son's physical exams?
What about dads present for their daughter's phys.exam? Does this ever happen? Has it ever happened?
And what about boys being accampanied by some other female carer, like aunt or older sister or carer?

Author:
Marty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:33:39 07/18/09 Sat

I can remember my sister taking me to the doctor for a checkup. The doctor did the usual things to me. During the hernia check I had to slide down my shorts but because my sister was sitting of to the side I don't think she saw much of anything. After I was finished my sister sat up on the table and the doctor listened to her heart and checked her blood pressure. He also checked her reflexes. She had to have this done for her drivers test. My sister was six years older than me.

Author:
Marjorie Saunders
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:22:31 08/17/09 Mon

I attended both our two sons yearly School Medical Inspections and also our daughter`s when I was able to . I believed then as I still do that a parent should be aware of the state of health and development of their children .
The three of them were brought up not to be ashamed of their bodies and that it was quite proper to have to allow a Doctor to examine them when it is required , be it male or female .
However I ceased to accompany them behind the screen for the actual medical inspection as they reached the age of thirteen .
I`m sure they appreciated this ,though I did remain in the medical room where the children had to undress down to just underpants for the boys and just knickers and bra for girls .This allowed discussion of health and hygeine issues .This was till they were nearer fifteen.
The school nurse was always present for the inspection ,so my boys knew that during the school medical they had to take down their underpants for the doctor to look at them front and rear and so too our daughter would have had to remove her bra and pull her knickers down when required to.
That was in the seventies and they now have their own families and none the worse for the it.

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:47:32 08/19/09 Wed

a comment on the message of "marjorie"

I am not shocked by the fact that you came with your children to the doctor's office for their school physicals, two sons anb a daughter
May be you are right when you say that it is to make them more comfortable, even if fifteen seems to me a little older for a physical exazm of a teenager in front of his mother.

I have not understood if they had the examination all together, I presume that it was not because you said that the school nurse was here, so it was not at the same time, or they had the same school nurse?

Author:
Marjorie Saunders
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:32 08/19/09 Wed

In response to jean the frenchie ,and thank you for your interest .
Just to explain for clarity ,I agree that at age 15 it would be a little inappropriate perhaps for mum to be present for a boy or girl presenting themselves for a thorough School Medical Examination .
Our children went to a small private school for boys and girls aged 11 to 17 yrs old.
They were not all in the same year and were in different classes so each of the three were examined seperately according to their class over a period of about a week and a half .
There was one Medical Room with its waiting area ,one nurse and one visiting doctor ,usually male .
As I said ,after age thirteen I did`nt go behind the screen with them to be thoroughly examined by the Doctor with the nurse present .
Up till that age parents were encouraged to observe the inspection of their sons or daughters which would include a part of the examination where a boy or girl would be required to lower or remove underware and submit to inspection .
After age thirteen I would remain in the main part of the medical room where the Doctor would greet us on entry ,have a brief chat then whoever it was that I was accompanying would be asked by the nurse to strip down to underware , get weighed and have scalp looked at etc.
I would then wait till they were taken round the screened area for a full strip inspection.

Author:
Will
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:03:40 08/18/09 Tue

My mom went with me to my physicals until this year, probably because of what happened last year. (I am now 17).

We went to the doctor's, and I couldn't see my reg doc and had some woman. She did the normal stuff including the hernia check but no real exam of my testicles/penis.

My mom brought up to the doctor that I had for a long time an undescended testicle that they thought they were going to have to remove but it descended and she wanted to know if all was well, etc.

So the doctor makes me take my jeans down again and starts to exam my testicles. It was too much for me to handle and I got an erection in front of her and my mom. When she finished very thoroughly examining my left nut, she moved to my right, and during the first one she was telling me the various names of the stuff and all. I asked her to stop a moment but she said she about done and just about that time, I came. Landed over her lab coat, etc.

Talk about embarrased... she commented to my mom, appears it is in working order. We didn't discuss it after we left, I could have simply died...

This year for the tennis phys. went by myself.

Author:
Marjorie Saunders
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:32:12 08/21/09 Fri

Hello Will , I noticed your comments under a subject that I too had commented on and your name looked a bit lonely so thought I would offer a little kindly reassurance to you over the situation that you experienced .
You were a good boy to attend your presumably yearly physical inspections along with your mother at least till you were 16 years old and submit to the important part of the inspection when your jeans and underpants would have to come down for your genitals to be examined .
My two boys and also my daughter had to let their school doctor look at them in that area also and I would be present till they reached age 13.
My boys too would sometimes get an errection after they had to bend over in front of the doctor to allow him or sometimes a woman doctor to have a little look between their buttocks as a part of their all over examination.
I`m sure you had nothing to be ashamed of ,embarrassing though it was for you ,to have to display your errect penis .Doctors are well used to seeing a boy that way ,and its certainly not an unpleasent site .
Perhaps if she had been a bit more discerning ,that a 16 year old boy standing virtually naked before her with a stiff penis could only lead to one thing ,and also handling your testicles in that situation .
And I`m sure also Will that she would`nt have found your ejeculation so unpleasent either .
I hope you tennis physical ,also important for a developing boy ,went well .

[> Subject: My experience

Author:
J.D
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:44:50 08/22/09 Sat

So here's my horrible experience.It happened when I was 14.First off, i was very modest.I didn't even like to be seen in my underwear.My mother hadn't seen me naked or even in my underwear since i was about 8.When I would go to the pediatrician, i refused to take down my pants or ever let the doctor look at my genitals.It was only when I was 12 when i finally allowed the doctor to examine me, and only because my testicle hurt so i really had no choice.My mother wasn't in the room though.I remember that the visit after that, when the doctor asked me to lower my pants so he can examine me, I hesitated.He reminded me that he had already examined me before so i shouldn't make a big deal.It made sense,so even though I still felt embarrassed, i let him examine me.Every-time after that when i went to the doctor, I didn't resist being examined and even though i felt uncomfortable every-time.My mother was never present at any of these times.

When i was 14, i had to go to a new doctor.This new doctor was a women, which i did not like.I don't mean I hated her as a person, i just hated that she was a women.Unlike my previous doctor,she had my mother come into the room, and asked her question about me like I wasn't there.She even asked my mother about my testicle, which made me cringe.My other doctor at least spoke to ME about any medical problems.This women acted like I wasn't even there and only talked to me to tell me what to do, ie, sit on the table,breathe in, open your mouth,etc..This was my first visit with this particular doctor.Now the nightmare begins.After all the routine exams, she told me to take down my pants.I remember getting a knot in my stomach when i heard that.The thought of a women doctor touching me down there was horrible enough, but even worse was that my mother was in the room.I felt like i was in a really bad nightmare, only i can't wake up.

The doctor then told me again that I need to take down my pants so she can examine me, this time she said that because i've had a problem with my testicle, she HAS to examine me.I had no pain at that time, so I didn't see a reason why she had to examine me.I wish I had refused, but at the time it felt as if i had no choice.Its hard to describe the feeling.So, i unbuttoned my pants and just dropped them.My underwear was still on though.I pulled the front elastic of my underwear outward so she could look in, and she looked at me like i was stupid, then told me i needed to take them down.I really wish i could've fainted at this point, but luck wasn't on my side.I pulled down my underwear, and i can't even find the words to describe how i felt at that moment.It was so surreal.All i had in my head was the hope i wouldn't get an erection.Death would've been prefereable.As she examined my testicle, she asked me how often i felt pain, then said the most horrifying thing to me: she asked me if i had pain during masturbation.

When i took down my underwear in front of this women and my mother, i thought this was as bad as it could get.I was wrong.I think i may have muttered "I don't know"She looked me straight in the face and told me that i either do or i don't.I just said no(which was true)As she examined me,although I didn't become fully erect, I did get a partial erection, what some would call a 'semi".This happened when she asked me about whether or not i had pain during masturbation.She stopped examining my testicles and seemed to be turning around so I went to pull up my underwear, but she stopped me , saying she wasn't done yet.She turned around to write something in the chart, i guess about my testicles,and I was still standing ther with my pants down.Just to remind anyone who forgot, my mother was in the room.

So, the doctor wrote whatever she wrote,and then turned around to me and examined my penis.Maybe another guy in here can back me up when i say that with a partial erection(a semi), if your foreskin is pulled back all the way,and the tip of your penis is touched, it will cause your already partially erect penis to go to completely erect.After she finished examining my penis, I quickly pulled up my underwear and just kept my head down.After leaving the hospital, i couldn't look my mother in the eye for several weeks.I only saw that doctor one more time after that.The second time seeing that doctor, my mother was in the room again.There was no third time.After the second time, i didn't go to a doctor again until i was 24.

[> [> Subject: Re: My experience

Author:
Leroy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:53:15 08/23/09 Sun

I'm glad you learned your lesson J.D. I don't understand how anyone can expect a boy to be seen by a female doctor or nurse. It's just cruel. Especially with your mother there. Why didn't your mother just turn her head?

I understand your anguish J.D. When in that same predicament I always said "NO!" and I have turned out just fine. No problems. My mother NEVER would have put me through such a cruel and humiliating ordeal. If absolutely necessary my father would have left work to go with me but I was never required to have a parent with me. I guess my doctors never had a guilty conscience, and there were never nurses around except to take me to the room and take my vitals. Other American doctors and schools should learn from mine how to do that stuff properly.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: My experience

Author:
J.D
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:18:48 08/23/09 Sun

My best guess as to why my mother didn't turn her head and not look is that perhaps to her, it wasn't a big deal.Another possible reason is that maybe she was just curious about how I looked down there since she hadn't seen me since i was very young.It's awkward for me to think that my mother would be curious about what my genitals looked like , and frankly I prefer to imagine she doesn't.

I still have discomfort and even pain in my testicle even to this day.It's not on a daily basis, but once in a while.I still dislike going to the doctor, mainly because of that horrible memory.Not that I don't go to the doctor, because I do.I just make sure I have a male doctor because male doctors, i've noticed, don't bring an assistant in the room to do genital exams.I make sure to tell the woman at the desk that I want a male doctor, just so there's no possibility that i'll be called by a woman doctor.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: My experience

Author:
Ray
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:22:16 08/25/09 Tue

I do it exactly the same way JD. Very wise.

[> [> Subject: Re: My experience

Author:
Matt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:06:23 08/23/09 Sun

My mom still comes in with me - no big deal. I guess i'm just comfortable with my body and she's already seen it all so it's no problem.

Author:
Ray
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:23:11 08/25/09 Tue

Do you attend your mom's physicals too Matt?

Author:
Matt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:00:50 08/26/09 Wed

That's a stupid question.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: My experience

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:23:21 08/26/09 Wed

good answer "Matt"
Some postmen are really thinking too bad
how can they try to compare situations so obviously different, what a lack of good sense!

Author:
Tim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:32 07/05/11 Tue

I don't mind that my Mom is in the room either, because she just sees my bare butt for a few seconds. The thing that causes me anxiety is what if I get an erection (which hasn't happened yet)? THAT would be humiliating to me for her to see,which she would even once my underpants are up.

Author:
Daniel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:10:28 09/20/11 Tue

I hate to be the one who breaks the news to you, Tim, but your mom has in all likelihood seen and touched more than one erect penis in her lifetime. Not only that she has to have seen and washed yours over the years and it should be no big surprise to her when she discovers that her little boy is becoming a man.
One thing that I noticed gowing up was that on the occasions when my mother had the opportunity to "see' my thingy she seemed to avoid actually looking directly at it.
There was no fuss and th possible significance only dawned on me some time later when I heard some stories about her having been abused over a period of time by a close older relative.
I suspect that after her ordeal as a little girl she had seen enough of the male genitalia and found the sight of a similar organ on her sons somewhat distasteful. (Yes, distasteful is the word, it carries the idea.)

Author:
Ray
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:59:03 08/26/09 Wed

Many people think it's just as ridiculous for a mother to watch her (practically) adult son having his wiener checked than for him to watch his mother get checked.

(Besides, I was only being sarcastic)

Frenchie probably invited his entire family to watch his physicals.

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:38:46 08/26/09 Wed

certainly noy "Ray", I am rather a prudish man and I was a modest boy.

but you dont read correctly my messages and I guess that may be you don't like french persons, so in that case, you can read only the american messages, sometimes they say nearly the same as mines.

Author:
bump
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:15:45 01/08/11 Sat

bump

Author:
Reb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:32:54 02/14/11 Mon

Look, there is nothing "wrong" with a mother going in the exam room but if the child is old enough to tell what is wrong, is uncomfortable with his parent there, obviously the doctor doesn't need an extra person there between him, the nurse and the patient, WHY do it? If there is a problem, the doctor can discuss it with the parent after the exam. Usually it requires a lab results before anything can be determined for sure unless it is obvious.

Like I said, there is nothing wrong with the mom being there, it is just unnecessary.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.