VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Ultra
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:51:12 03/30/09 Mon

We CFNM types would love to hear the thoughts of female healt professionals on their naked male patients

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
A Male
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:12 04/02/09 Thu

And how about some male CNAs or techs discussing female patients nakeness?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
D
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:38:21 04/03/09 Fri

I imagine there aren't many stories about female patients with male CNAs or techs because it doesn't happen anywhere near as often as females with male patients.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Karen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:06 04/05/09 Sun

You may be correct about it being less common for females patients not having male CNAs or techs present during an exam or prcedure but I recently had a voiding cystogram where a tech and doctor (both male) were present and I can tell you it was the most embarassing medical experience I've ever had.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Karen, What Is A "voiding cystogram", please?

Author:
Wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:41:50 04/05/09 Sun

Karen, for those of us who are familiar with the term, would you please elaborate and explain that procedure and what you found embarrassing?

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Karen, What Is A "voiding cystogram", please?

Author:
Karen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:53:10 04/07/09 Tue

The voiding cyctogram is an exam where you have to drink alot of water with a special dye in it and then get on an adjustable exam table and actually pee while they take xrays while "observing" you going. Totally humiliating for a woman if there are 2 males watching you.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
D
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:26:09 04/05/09 Sun

I guess we have to remember that for the few that are the exception to the "doesn't happen anywhere near as often" theory, that phrase doesn't mean much.

Karen, did you consider asking for a female tech? A doctor is a doctor but the tech can often be switched, especially if you wanted a female tech, who are by far the most common. If you need to go through it again would you do it differently, like request a female when you make the appointment or even at the beginning of the exam?

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:06:14 04/08/09 Wed

I have read a lot of posts of men or young men complaining about what is called the double standard because of the presence of women during their medical exam.

I think that it is true that the modesty of men an,d particularly that of boys teenagers is not as well respected as that of women and girls teenagers but it was most true in the past than now even if it can still occur.

And as the "karen" said, the opposite can be true also, if men are embarrassed when they are undressed for an exam or a procedure by the presence of women, nurses, tech assistants, and so on, it is the same and may be worse (because it is very frequent that women were more modest) when a woman is undressed for an exam or a medical procedure in front of a male tech.

We men must stop to think that we ate the only gender to be embarrassed during medical exams.

Anyway, the double standard is certainly less frequent today than in the past

[> Subject: Female nurse's experience with naked males

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:37:55 04/11/09 Sat

When one goes in to healthcare there are some things that go along with it, like seeing blood. You’re going to see patients exposed. As a teen I volunteered at a nursing care facility and while helping overworked aides change and bathe residents I saw them partially & completely unclothed. At first it was as uncomfortable seeing women as men naked. But after a month I remember being surprised that I didn’t feel embarrassed helping to clean an old man after he’d dirtied his diaper. It wasn’t pleasant dealing with the feces, but touching the male parts was no longer embarrassing. As I became a certified aide, I dealt with younger men rather than senile men. Our instructor commented on how to deal with a new female aide’s feelings having to assist an adult male to shower. “You can be confident. You have the uniform & the authority of the hospital, while he’s the sick person, whom you’ve just stripped of his tiny scrap of a gown. The man’s probably more worried about being exposed than you are about seeing him naked.” Male counterparts tell me that they become mostly immune to seeing female breasts, even on a young adult, and their excitement level with female genitals is even less. Inappropriate behavior is different. We try to maintain some decorum. If a man is aggressively exposing himself it’s often a reaction to perceived loss of control over his destiny, and he seeks re-assurance of his masculinity by showing his male parts. Nursing staff has to exert a degree of discipline, often through his physician. These days when we have many male nurses & aides it’s easy to switch caregivers to same sex care.
I’ve been a nurse practitioner almost 9 years examining thousands of men. But I'm still a red-blooded woman & I can appreciate a buffed guy, or very healthy male parts.

[> [> Subject: Re: Female nurse's experience with naked males

Author:
Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:18:35 04/12/09 Sun

Regarding Betsy,RN's post; she is an example of an over baring, I'm in control of the situation and patient and can use my medical position to do whatever I want even if it makes the patient (male) feel embarassed. Those are type of care givers that give the rest of us a bad reputation.

I wonder how see would feel if she was on the exam table, totally naked and in full view of 2 male techs staring at her most private areas?

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Female nurse's experience with naked males

Author:
Carol
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:45:33 04/12/09 Sun

I tend to agree with Tom; sounds to me like Betsy, RN is on some kind of ego or control trip. I work in a large hospital and we have some nurse on our staff who act like tha, so superior to everyone and the patients. There are even a couple I know that like to be dominate with the female patients, telling them to strip off their panties before certain procedures in a very demeaning tone of voice. They are especially mean with the good looking women because they are jealous of them I guess.

Author:
willie T
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:31:25 07/22/09 Wed

Tom,

Give it a rest. Betsy sounds like a completely professional nurse with a lot of useful things to say on this forum. Work on your spelling.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Female nurse's experience with naked males

Author:
Steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:52:06 07/24/09 Fri

Shut the hell up willie T. At least Tom is realistic, not someone prone to fantasy or abuse of her position like Betsy RN.

Author:
Mohit Yadav
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:33:16 10/26/13 Sat

My Homeo Doctor is 32F and is attractive. i once discussed for a medicine for boil. I did not mention that it had developed on my left cheek behind. she talked to me and i agreed to show her. she drew the curtain and stood there waiting me to undress. i was on my fours with my ass facing her. i could sense her view from nehind. i felt her spreading my ass (which she said checking for piles). she told me to get up and smiled looking at my erect xxxxx.
that night i remembered her and came lots.

[> [> Subject: : Female nurse's experience with naked males

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:50:00 04/12/09 Sun

The original question from "Ultra" was what was the experience of the female caregiver. I tried to show how I like, all new female caregivers have to deal our anxiety when in close contact with naked men & women, & how we were taught. Also "Ultra" a self-described CFNM fan, if he were to be a patient, might try to create CFNM experiences; nurses don't like that.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: : Female nurse's experience with naked males

Author:
Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:02:47 04/14/09 Tue

I have never deliberately tried to "create" a CFNM experience with female medical personnel.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: : Female nurse's experience with naked males

Author:
John
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:17:58 07/20/09 Mon

Well Betsy just as you said( you are a red blooded girl) and you enjoy a buffed guy. So why can the guy not enjoy himself being nude in a the nurses present. It is all about control with you.

Author:
Lynn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:31:39 04/14/09 Tue

Just avoid the embarrassment and conspiracy and stick to your own gender. If it's a male patient get a male nurse, and visa versa. Why create unnecessary contraversy?

Author:
Andy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:10:11 08/11/09 Tue

Betsy,R.N. Thank you for your candor in saying you appreciate seeing well built men and they're "healthy male parts." I have always felt that the doctor and nurse enjoyed seeing the genitles of boys while administering school physicals. They're human too.

Author:
rk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:58:06 04/11/09 Sat

As with your post on the other thread, Becky, it's all about how you and your oolleagues feel, isn't it? Did you ever considered these naked male patients don't really care how you feel, whether you've seen a dozen or thousand naked men? Same with the male nurses and their "feelings" about seeing breasts and female genitals. Yes, use your uniform and authority. Yes, take advantage of the fact that the man is a "sick person" and vulnerable. Yes, take advantage of the fact that he's just been "stripped of his tiny scrap of gown." That puts him in his place, doesn't it? It's all about control, isn't it, authority. You're right, the man is more worried about being exposed than you are. So that makes everything just fine. Because we need to make sure that we look at this whole situation from your point of view, not the patient's. You think the man's feeling about his lack of contro is just "perceived," like, not real? So to regain his control he flashes you, you know, just to "re-assure" himself of his masculinity? Wow. You really know male psychology. So -- you then make sure you exert, how do you call it, "a degree of discipline"?
"but touching the male parts was no longer embarrassing" -- embarrassing for who?
"Our instructor commented on how to deal with a new female aide’s feelings having to assist an adult male to shower." Just curious -- did your instructor spend any time commenting on the feelings of the patients, or was just all about a new female aide's feelings?
Of course, now days it's "easier" to switch caregivers to same sex care. I'm so glad things are easier for you now days. God forbid we consider what's in the best interest of the patient, and not what's easier for you.
Sorry for my cynicism. But I perceive little or no empathy in your comments, empathy for the feelings of your patients, especially men. I'm not saying you don't have empathy. Blogs are terrible for real communication. But you come off as being just plain clinical and very self centered.
Glad you are a red-blooded woman and can appreciate "a buffed guy, or very health male parts." Can you just imagine if a male nurse said something like that? Not that it might not be true. But this all just reeks of the double standard.

Author:
Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:37:10 04/12/09 Sun

Rk we don't need your chauvinistic rant here criticizing health care professionals like Betsy. So please go away from this board.You are ruining it for everyone here.

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:35:26 04/12/09 Sun

To answer much of rk's comments, read my other reply above; Ultra wanted to know what female caregivers experiences were when dealing with naked men. He did NOT ask how I thought the patient was feeling. But to reply to 'rk' here goes:

Replies: "touching male parts isn't embarrassing anymore..." I'm just relating my feelings; I want to show that I adapted to the job. rk wanted to know if the man was embarrassed. I really don't know, and didn't ask. Imagine you are the resident I was caring for: he was quite feeble, so that he had to wear diapers. If you're sitting in a pile of poop and your whole bottom is covered with feces and you stink, maybe you'd be just grateful someone, even a young woman, would put up with the smell and touching your male parts. Would 'rk' volunteer to clean up an adult dirty diaper?

As for rk's comment about not my not having empathy, remember I have passed the 'dirty diapers' test showing how much I care for patients.

Same sex caregivers: My comment on switching to same sex caregiver was in the context of my having to deal with sexual harassment by a naked patient (inappropriate comments, touching, etc). Again, in response to ultra's question about experiences with naked males. A few men, when naked start behaving in an uncouth manner. When I started 20 years ago the nursing care facility didn't have any male caregivers, only male maintenance, admin, and cooks. Now that there are many male CNA's I'm told some women won't let male CNA's give them a bath, and ask for a female. Now shy men can have a choice too. Nothing wrong with that.

Some of my classmates in CNA school were new inexperienced teenagers, and hadn't ever seen a naked male. I hope rk can empathize with them. They were very anxious. The comments about the nurse being the authority figure were not mine, but the instructor's. She was trying to boost the courage of these anxious girls in class. Regarding the feelings of the patient: When teaching how to do a bed bath, considerable effort is spent on how to keep the patient covered as much as possible and exposing only what's necessary. It's a lot harder in shower. If the patient is seated, one can use a couple extra towels to cover breasts and groin. If patient is standing, s/he is just going to be naked.

Author:
rk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:55:53 04/12/09 Sun

Oh...so sorry, Ultra. I forgot. You're one of those "CFNM types" as you so eloquently express it in the post that starts this page. I didn't realize this thread was for CFNM types. If that's what this thread is for, and you're one of the "M's," what does that make Betsy and Carol? They must be the "F's" in the CFNM, huh? So...go ahead...enjoy. I'll leave you to your fantasies.

Author:
david
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:49:00 11/20/12 Tue

I wanted to say, and I hope someone will help me. I am a heavier set guy, and I dont want to ofend the ladies I dont. I think that female nurse and doctors do a fantastic job. You see, I am embarrest about my body, and I dont want to be. But, I feel like I am not like a regular guy and that I am small down there. I was sexally abused by a woman when I was younger until I was 12 yrs old by female family member and also made fun of about my penis. I have had spinal cord problems, where I had benine tumor on my spinal cord. I use to major peralysis, but much better now. I am fixing to have other medical exams with my bladder. I wish that a female nurse or someone I could talk to about this. Its almost to the poing in my head, that I might hurt myself. Could someone help me? thanks

Author:
rk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:08:29 04/15/09 Wed

You know, Betsy, I've passed the dirty diaper test, too. But that's not the point.
I think we need to just agree to disagree. I can't grasp your reasoning. Maybe you can explain it to me.
You say: "Some of my classmates in CNA school were new inexperienced teenagers, and hadn't ever seen a naked male. I hope rk can empathize with them. They were very anxious."
I do empathize with those young girls. I do understand they were anxious. But, you know, Betsy -- I empathize much more with the men they "cared" for. Those men were anxious, embarrassed, shamed, perhaps humiliated. And what for? So that these young girls could get some experience? Where does human dignity, patient comfort, and advocating for the patient come in here?
So, you send new, inexperienced teenage girls to do intimate care on young and adult men. I could understand that if, at the same time you were willing to send young, inexperienced teenage boys to do intimate care on young and adult females. But we know that never was and never will be the case. The double standard at its worst.
This change that happened "in the distant past," where suddenly male orderlies are gone, the men who used to do things like cath males. And now female nurses and cna's do that job. That distant past -- why did this happen? How do you think the men feel about that? I realize today that there's more choice, but still not enough. The best nurses working in the best hospitals and clinics perhaps offer a choice to men, depending upon staffing. But the ratio is still what -- about 95 percent female nurses and cna's?
What really disturbs me about your story is how the nurse instructor, in order to "boost the courage" of these young, inexperienced, anxious teenage girls, encouraged them to use the power of their position, authority, the power of their uniforms, the fact that the men were sick, that they vulnerable, having been "stripped of his tiny scrap of a gown," as you say -- use this form of intimidation to just get the job done. Doesn't that strike you as wrong?
This is why I think we just don't view life the same way. You apparently just accept that behavior as standard operating procedure, the way to get the job done. I see it is an abuse of power, stripping human beings of their dignity.
Maybe you can explain why I'm wrong, if that's what you believe.

[> [> Subject: Reply to rk

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:25:06 04/15/09 Wed

I don’t think the instructor meant to demean the male patient with her comments in the classroom. Out of the hospital, especially to a teen-ager, being in close contact with a naked male would be a very threatening sexual situation. But in the hospital the situation is very different. The instructor only pointed out the relative positions of the nurse and patient. I don’t think it’s “intimidation” to remove the patient’s gown for a bath. Do you take a shower or bath with your clothes on? I might add that we were taught by the same instructor to cover the patient’s groin with an extra wash cloth after s/he was seated on the bath chair.

Rk’s concerned about having ‘young inexperienced students’ care for patients: CNA, LVN, RN students are almost always young, as these are entry level schools. How else are you going to get ‘experience’ other than by doing something the first time? At my CNA & RN schools, we had only a couple patients to care for at a time. Instructor came with us when we introduced ourselves and we always asked permission of the patient to be the caregiver. A frequent compliment from the patient was that we gave him more attention.

Author:
Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:56:13 04/15/09 Wed

RK if you are so embarrassed by being naked in front of female medical personnel why don't you emigrate to a country that only allows same sex examinations. Get over your high handed respect for your nakedness. Your body is not something to be ashamed of. If you can't get over your shame for your body you can always go to male doctors and refuse to have any female assistant see you naked. We are all tired of your continuous rant against female medical personnel.

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:41 04/15/09 Wed

Rk, I second Ultra's comment. Fer crissakes, give it a rest!

You seem to be basically arguing, or trying to, against the fact that there are many more women than men in nursing. That is no more reasonable than the feminists of old who argued against the fact that many more men than women were in construction (and thus got paid the greater amount that tiring and dangerous physical work commands). The genders have preferences for what type of work they do. It is fundamental to human nature.

To be direct about it, and to amplify Ultra's point, I think you need to see a shrink about this phobia of your body being seen by medical women. It ain't that bad, I can tell ya. I had an annual physical just the other day and during it my doctor, an attractive woman in her late 30s (happily married, two kids), decided she had to check on my glans (a rash that comes and goes)...so she just drew down my boxers herself, slid back my foreskin with her ungloved hand and holding my penis this way and that examined it closely in the light for signs of the rash (there were none). Then she carefully put back my foreskin and started on my testicles. She did it so naturally and fluidly that she did not even alert me to what she was doing until she had actually begun doing it (not the usual rote "now I will check your testicles", etc. about 30 seconds before she even moves) and through all of this she was happily chatting away. As I watched her do the penis check I could clearly see that was enjoying what she was doing, smiling, eyes brightening. She has examined me so many times now that I daresay she is almost as familiar with my body as her own. I even got a little hard while she was doing it. She must have noticed but...no matter. She just kept on with her exam. She clearly enjoys it and you know what? I enjoy seeing her enjoy it! It feels good and safe and I feel well taken care of. There is not the slightest hint of anything untoward or directly sexual happening between us, but this woman has saved me grief in the past (identifying heart and other problems before I knew I had them) and I like her very much.

Why not try to get yourself into that type of situation, and start by changing your frame of mind. Believe me, you will like it, medical checkups, and life in general once you do. Women are good at doing medicine and you are cutting yourself off from the benefits of their care by being so hardheaded and shy about your body.

[> [> [> Subject: PS Rk, not to be too fine a point on it, but...

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:57 04/15/09 Wed

It occurs to me that perhaps your dislike of women in medicine working on you masks or stems from a general resentment about women. Frankly, I do not blame you for that if you have it...I think many men would agree that women like to, often demand and frequently succeed in having things their way these days (for complicated political reasons). In other words (and completely unpolitically correctly), I can agree that some degree of resentment towards many women these days is justified. Some women can be real ball busters and not even seem to know it, or care to know about it. But that stipulated, don't shortchange yourself by disallowing them to help you medically. You really have to ask yourself -- so what if they see me naked? Hell, I know I'm really good looking and sexy, so why not give them a thrill, especially if it encourages them to do good for me?

Author:
Reply to ultra and Al C
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:24 04/15/09 Wed

Our two avowed CFNM enthusiasts think that only they are normal.
RK's point of view is just as valid as yours and he doesn't need to be shut up. I also note that Al C is one who has been identified on other boards as posting under multiple names, sometimes women's names, just to start an argument, if it's the same Al C which is very likely. Is that also your definition of normal?

Author:
Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:44:29 04/16/09 Thu

This is a voyeur forum. Nakedness is normal for voyeurs and CFNM types. I have seen many posts on many forims by people such as RK whose real agenda seems to be a chauvinistic rant against females.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
To Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:53:44 04/16/09 Thu

Gee Ultra. The title of the forum says 'Physical Examination Experiences' not voyeur forum.
But it's up to the moderator to decide what he wants this to be, not to either of us. But you seem to think you can decide everything.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:16:04 04/17/09 Fri

Look at the title of the forum. It says VOYFORUMS which is shorthand for voyeur forums which is what this forum has always been except for the SPAM.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
To Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:19:56 04/17/09 Fri

Voy is short for voyager information systems.
You really do think you know everything.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Ted
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:23:12 04/17/09 Fri

Yeah Ultra, there are topics of everything you can imagine in the Voyforums. What would fixing engines and Junior High school science projects have to do with being a voyeur and sharing your CFNM fantasies?

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:55:10 04/17/09 Fri

Okay it is only a play on words but this forum has always
been about voyeuristic experiences with medical examinations. If it was otherwise, it would be simply be about doctor abuse. There are many other forums to rant about doctor abuse. Maybe I have just seen too many internet posts from chauvinistic guys ranting against women and especially against women care givers.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Johnny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:34:55 04/19/09 Sun

Ultra, why don't you ask those "chauvinistic guys ranting against women" what gender they would prefer for their wives or mothers or daughters? There are probably some that are chauvinists but my guess is most would prefer them to see female gynos and nurses. It's not about "hating women", it's about "same gender".

Author:
Johnny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:07:19 04/16/09 Thu

Bravo rk!!! You said it perfectly!

Author:
Kenny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:04:09 01/10/12 Tue

rk: You are absolutely correct. Betsy only sees these procedures and actions as learning experiences for medical personnel. In fact, she has a tendency to make the embarrassed male patient look like a foolish, childish wimp. If I was ever approached by a medical person such as you, I would immediately grab my clothes and walk out. Just sayin'.

Author:
rk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:57:01 04/15/09 Wed

Obviously, this is a CFNM thread. Ultra and Al C, I don't regard your fetishes as worthy of discussion. Your opinion about me, who I am, my beliefs, etc, doesn't really count. It doesn't matter to me what you think.

What does bother me about this thread is that Betsy seems like a real nurse. Of course, on blogs, who knows who anybody is. But she writes with what appears authentic knowledge of the profession. If that's the case, if Betsy really is a nurse, I wonder why she's on this thread pandering to your CFNM fetish. That would really be unprofessional.

I note Betsy that you didn't answer my question about the double standard. Why not encourage young boys to go into cna work and nursing and then assign them to give bed baths and caths to young and adult female patients? That's the crux of this issue.

Another crux is that these young nurses and cna's, when they need an intimate exam or procedure, where do you think they go? Most likely to a female physician or nurse. No one questions that. In fact, they're often asked ahead of time by their fellow nurses. How about you, Betsy? Who do you prefer for intimate exams if you have a choice, a male or female doctor or nurse?

[> [> Subject: That's pretty funny, rk...

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:32:33 04/16/09 Thu

If I've got a CFNM fetish then you've got a CFNM phobia. Now what?

Like I said. It is better to enjoy what happens to you rather than rant and rave about it -- bad for the blood pressure, bad for the heart, and, if it prevents you from enjoying life, downright stupid.

Lighten up. Life is beautiful, albeit too short, and full of interesting people, especially women.

[> [> Subject: Male CNA's & RN's

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:56 04/16/09 Thu

I can't speak to how individual head nurses assign patients these days. When I did hospital nursing assignments were generally gender neutral, that is, male nurses & CNA's are not assigned only male patients. While rk might not like the double standard, fact of life in the hospital is that if female needs a bath or catheter she's more likely to have a woman do it.

Why not recruit more men in nursing? With the economy the way it is, we will likely see more men wanting these jobs. There's always a nursing shortage. Come on guys!!

Why am I on CFNM oriented boards? When I got my master's degree in nursing the course in human sexuality required students to explore alternative sexual preferences. In San Francisco there's lots to choose from. As a runner I did the Bay to Breakers, & encountered nude males having fun. Nude beaches nearby are heavily male. So I did my paper on male exhibitionism. I still lurk on a few boards and stick my nose in and stir the pot once in a while. This board and the alternate procedure board are pretty active.

Which gender would I like for my own care? I've had both sexes for gyn exams. Next gyn visit in 2 years I think I'll go back to the woman. She's nice and gentle. Before you flame me for the preference, remember that I'm in an office practice, and we offer both male and female caregivers. Each patient has the choice, for whatever reason.

If I had a male CNA assigned to give me a bath in the hospital I wouldn't opt for a female.

Betsy RN

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Male CNA's & RN's

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:40:49 04/16/09 Thu

One thing we haven't heard from you about, I think, is whether you enjoy being examined, cared for by, or having procedures done by, male clinicians (in addition perhaps to female clinicians). If a good looking guy gave you a bed bath, would you find it at least "interesting"?

Author:
Johnny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:40:28 04/19/09 Sun

Other than guys like Al C and Ultra, I don't imagine many caregivers of either gender will encounter too many "nude males having fun" in a hospital setting.

Author:
Louey Baton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:14 06/19/12 Tue

You should check out a career in http://www.careersinhealth.net/registered-nurse">RN.

Author:
Robert
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:09:00 04/16/09 Thu

I'd like to ask Tony the Mod. his opinion on what this board is all about, true hospital experiences with people discussing their opinions or fantasies or both.

rk has made many valid points about the behavior of so-called "professionals", the importance of ethics, the disrespect of patients by the people they should be able to trust and the use of sick, old and unconscious patients being forced to be the unwilling guinea pigs to supposedly "teach" teenage girls. I could't agree more rk.
He's also being accused of being a woman-hater just because he believes in "patients rights" and that men should be given the same respect women get, and that medical "professionals" and students shouldn't be stripping men of their dignity just because they commited the horrifying crime of being born with a penis. I'm with you rk.

I couldn't even bring myself to finish reading Betsy's comments. Half-way through I was so disgusted I had to move on to the next comment. For anyone that has posted, here and on other boards, that they hate nurses or how they were treated so horribly by nurses that they refused to go back to the doctor, Betsy is the perfect example. She obviously couldn't care less about how her patients feel, particularly the male patients. To her, the naked male patients are there for her viewing pleasure. As a bonus she enjoys groping them wherever she pleases and loves every second of it, especially when they have an erection (as she has bragged about many times). She is the nightmare that keeps men from seeking medical help when they need it. Ot's all a game for her and she has her ways of making sure she always wins. She's just disgusting.

"Ultra" and "Al C" are the pathetic worms that give all men a bad name. For anyone, like rk, that don't want to take part in their CFNM fantasies or tries to defend a man's right to be treated equally and not want to be the guinea pig for nurses and students to treat as their personal "playground", they attempt to kick him off of this board. If you two can find perverted so-called "professionals" like Betsy who loves to play the CFNM and dominatrix games or high school girls you want to give anatomy lessons, that's fine. But don't assume that rk is the odd one and all other men enjoy being considered objects for your sick fantasies. You two should join up with Piffonitol and create your own fantasy board, not insult rk or anyone else that wants to be treated like a human being.

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:41:41 04/16/09 Thu

Robert, I sort of doubt you could tell a dominatrix from a blow-up doll. That is just a word you use to defame someone because you can't come to grips with your personal fears.

Betsy is just being honest about her feelings. And they correspond with the large majority of women I have come to know well in my life -- they prefer to see erect penises to flaccid ones. Not exactly news to most people but apparently to you it is.

That's too bad. Maybe a bit more fantasy would do you some good, because your sense of reality doesn't seem to be getting you very far -- you seem bitter and tied up in knots about a simple and healthy thing like getting a physical exam because a woman might see your weewee. Maybe you should bring your lawyer to your next exam just to make sure you're not taken advantage of.

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:29:35 04/16/09 Thu

Robert: Doctors and nurses deal with sick, old, unconscious patients. If they weren't that way they wouldn't be in the medical system. Every student--physician, nurse or aide--starts out inexperienced and needs to learn on live patients. If you go to a medical center, you should realize that much of the care is done by students, under supervision. You don't have do worry about getting care from a nursing student. S/he has more time to devote to the patient, & is watched like a hawk by the instructor. If we don't have schools & patients who are willing to be cared for by students, soon all of our health caregivers will be 75 years old or trained overseas.

Lastly if rk, Robert, or others find themselves in the hospital and the aide or nurse is a student, just tell him/her you'd prefer a regular staff member for your care. No one will think less of you for your preference. I confess that I didn't go to the dental school clinic when I needed a filling.

Betsy RN

Author:
Richard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:35:29 04/16/09 Thu

Unless it's a situation where your very life is in danger, and you're "trauma naked" you probably will rarely if ever need to be fully naked as a male patient in front of a female caregiver. Any exceptions? Yes, I suppose if that's what your caregiver (MD) needs and you have no qualms-you get naked, though I would doubt that being too common.

Most other procedures, and I've been through everything from thermometers up my back side to the "Pasteur treatment"-21 painful injections in my stomach for rabies shots, I was not naked. Pants and briefs/boxers pulled down, bent over, on all fours, feet in stirrups (cystoscopy-I have empathy for women!)or whatever, 99% of the time I was either in a "open in the back" gown or had a portion of my clothing still on,except where the procedure was being given/administered.
And lastly, unless you're on a fantasy/looking to get turned on type deal, if you're naked in front of a female or in the case of females (a male)-ask for another woman to be there!)you're naked either by necessity or choice.

Author:
Richard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:39:51 04/29/09 Wed

Ted,
Next time you read a post, remember to thoroughly read it, and then respond, OK? And I disagree with your definition of NAKED.

Author:
Ted
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:04:16 04/17/09 Fri

To Betsy - It's nice to hear that in some places you just have to tell them you prefer a regular staff member, but you shouldn't have to ask. THEY should ask the patient if they're OK with a student. Many people have no choice but to go to a teaching hospital. If I could, I would avoid a teaching hospital like the plague, but I often have no choice.

I have no problem with nursing students dealing with sick and old patients either, as long as the patients or their family are aware that they are students and give their consent. But to "strip them of their dignity" or any other abuse just to make sure the patient knows who's in charge, you and every nurse like you should be fired. Any instructor that would tell her students to do what you mentioned should lose their license and never permited to teach or practice again.

To Richard - Most of what you said doesn't make any sense to me. If your private parts are exposed, YOU ARE NAKED! If you are standing or laying there with nothing but a T-shirt or an open gown, YOU ARE NAKED! If you're laying with your feet in stirrups with a cloth covering your chest area, YOU ARE NAKED! If you're on all fours with a gown hanging from your neck and covering your shoulders, YOU ARE NAKED!

Worst of all Richard, if a male patient feels humiliated being naked in front of a female caregiver, the LAST thing he wants is to have another female caregiver in the room! Duh!!!

To Al C - I don't know the exact definition of a dominatrix either but if Betsy feels the need to dominate her male patients I think the word "dominatrix" might fit the situation.

To Ultra - I'm not even going to waste my time talking to you.

[> [> Subject: Is partially exposed naked?

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:48:11 04/17/09 Fri

Naked vs partially draped: I disagree with Ted that mere exposure of the genitalia or buttocks = naked. If one has been on this and the other procedures board a while, numerous comments have been made about how an exam was conducted. Many commented that they had a gown replaced and only the genitalia were exposed, and felt that there was a difference between that & having nothing on at all. In fact many contributors felt strongly that the man should be allowed to have a gown put on before the genitals were examined. A woman would feel a substantial difference between having pelvic exam with only the crotch exposed vs. completely uncovered.

I think Ted missed one of my replies to the instructor's comments. Some readers were under the impression she encouraged them to strip the patient unnecessarily. This is not true, Ted. Students were concerned about being embarrassed, or scared to be in the presence of a naked male patient who needed to be disrobed, in the natural course of taking a shower or bathed in a tub.

Ted thinks I'm nurse Ratched from 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.' I'm not a dominatrix either. I'm allergic to pain, & spent much of my career giving out pain pills and shots. No whips or riding crops for me. Nurses take care of their patients. We wait on them hand & foot because they are incapable of caring for themselves: bring them food & feed them if they're too weak, put in an IV if they can't drink. We change their beds, bathe and change dirty diapers, because they can't do it for themselves. However nurses don't and shouldn't have to tolerate sexual advances such as inappropriate touching, groping, suggestive remarks, or aggressive exposure of the genitalia. If necessary, 'discipline' is usually admonishment from the head nurse or his physician.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Is partially exposed naked?

Author:
mark
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:24:24 12/25/10 Sat

Besty I see a female doc I don't mind only being given a towel. She has me to stand up she takes the towel I don't mind standing their totally naked no socks no nothing I like to know she is being thorough and her nuses are their seeing eveything it does not bother me I know if their job requires them to see me butt naked then I am ok with that it does not affect their job I been going to her for years and every nurse in their has seen me naked I like to see the nurse look at it it let's me know she normal

Author:
rk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:44:52 04/17/09 Fri

Actually, I pop in in this board once in a while when people like Betsy comment. Although I don't agree with some of what she says, she is honest. It's rare to get this perspective on blogs. I'm trying to get into her mind and the reasoning behind the things she believes. I want to challenge her. For example, she wrote:
"While rk might not like the double standard, fact of life in the hospital is that if female needs a bath or catheter she's more likely to have a woman do it."
Why is this the case, Betsy? Why is it just accepted? You yhave an MA. You've delved into the sexual-social aspects of nursing. If you claim it's staffing, not enough men, okay. That's an observable fact. You seem to agree that both men and women should have choices in this matter. That's good. But why is men's modesty regarded as less necessary that is female modesty? You just accept this attitude as given.
And no, I'm not cfnm, and, frankly, I've had care by both men and women and don't write off women caregivers for me as a given. I just believe in choices in this matter.
As far as the cfnm people on this board, I don't even bother responding to them. I'm here to converse with Betsy. I find her comments and attitudes interesting.

[> [> Subject: Men's modesty vs Women's Modesty

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:01:56 04/17/09 Fri

Perhaps it's a misconception that men's modesty is shrugged off as opposed to women's modesty. Given that same sex care giving for procedures is preferable, then why would you advocate, as in one of your posts that we deliberately send in a male to catheterize a female? If Jack, RN is on the floor and he's made it known that he'll catheterize any man, well he's got the job. It's just that if Jack's not on my floor we're not going to call around to another floor to find him either. If it's my female patient, I'm not ask Jack to do it either.

Author:
rk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:59:55 04/17/09 Fri

It's a balance, Betsy. A balance between patient comfort and dignity and what's in the best interest of the nurse and hospital. Just because it's easlier for the nurse or hospital doesn't necessarily mean it's in the best interest of the patient.

Of course, you should no more deliberately send in a male to cath a female than you should deliberately send in a female to cath a male, right? But that's not the way it goes most of the time. Because of the typical imbalance in staffing, the female nurse msot often goes in to cath a male.

But one point I'm making is that, how any individual hospital handles it, or even how one floor in any hospital handles this, or one particular shift on that floor, is not really hospital "policy." It's more who's in charge on that floor and how the floor is staffed. Patients are not told ahead of time what the de facto policy is on the floor they'll be on. The patient just needs to get there and find out. Whether they are accommodated depends upon many facts, including the personal beliefs of the nurses on that floor. I'm saying that too often that balance tilts too far in favor of hospital or nurse preference rather than patient preference.

Author:
Rebelheart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:45:04 04/20/09 Mon

RK, I understand your feelings. Don't agree with them but I do understand them and I respect your right to have your feelings honored. But, do you reckon that the nurses and staff in the hospitals have more important things to do than shuffle people around to accomodate their sexual preferences? Look, I am not putting you down for your feelings. Feelings, yours and mine, are as valid as anyone elses. I want them to worry about taking good care of me and I try to make that as easy for them to do as I can.
If to do that, they have to see me naked, well it's been done before and I didn't suffer any serious long term effects.

Author:
rk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:23:51 04/21/09 Tue

Rebelheart:

You assume that you can't do both; that is, take good care of people and at the samae time make them feel comfortable by seeing that they are not overly embarrassed. Both goals can be accomplished if...and this is an important if...the providers regard patient dignity and comfort the foundation of their work. In fact, I would also say that taking good care of people, physically, and making them feel comfortable and less embarrassed are not two different goals. They are the same thing -- different sides of the same coin. You can't separate them.
Another word for shuffling people around is scheduling, and there are creative ways to schedule so that this gender accommodation can be granted. I think many providers do this but just don't talk about it publically.

So much depends upon the specific situation. Each person needs to be treated as a person. Providers are used to similar situations or exams or procedures -- routines. But each person is different, and when you put unique people into what might be considered routine situations, you get unique responses. With each person being unique, there are no routine situations. All situations are unique and need to be looked at that way.

As you say, we should make life as easy as we can for our providers so they can concentrate on our health. But this is a two way street. They also need to make life as easy as possible for us, too, so we can heal. Our psychological health is as important as our physical health.

Author:
Rebelheart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:30:15 04/21/09 Tue

Rk, I guess I didn't do a very good job of expressing myself. What I was trying to say, and again I fully realize that I am not mainstream here (and maybe not in society), is that my doctor doesn't make me feel uncomfortable seeing me neaked anymore than my wife seeing me naked does. Both have seen me naked in non-sexual contexts, and I have never let my dignity be dependent on my having my body covered with cloth.

Thanks for your responce.

Reb

[> Subject: re: to Betsy

Author:
Wayne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:58:28 04/21/09 Tue

Betsy, how often do you encounter erections?

Do you enjoy seeing them?

Author:
james
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:18:17 04/21/09 Tue

rk I could not agree more with you. I always get a kick out of people like the CFNM folks, if one were to poll society, whom do you think the majority would label as deviant or abnormal, the CFNM group who get off on being naked at the doctors office, or you whom feels if a person feels uncomfortable being nude infront an opposite sex whom provider they should be accomodated. Yet, even though society would label them deviant and you are willing to accept their right to their own choice,and yet they feel you are the odd one....it seems often the fringe are less accepting than those in the main stream

Betsy, I do appreciate and respect the fact that you are willing to open up and return to this and other threads even in the face of a lot of negative feedback. I do however think that your posts indicate you fall into the same mentality that many providers seem to have. You portray one persona as a provider who tries to portray the understanding compassionate provider but justifies the status quo of compromising patients modesty under the claim of necesity. I recall having an exchange some time ago with you after you related how you sometimes prolonged the exposure of some of your male patients for your pleasure and theirs. You justified it as saying due to your status and experience of being a nurse you could tell they enjoyed it and could determine if a male patient was modest or not just from meeting them in that circumstances. I challenged that at the time and still do, most men will do everything to act comfortable regardless of how they feel, and unless you have some supernatural ability..at best your guessing. That has evolved over time through the thread to a less aggressive stance, up to the current post. You basically just said it wasn't worth the effort to summon a male nurse from another floor to make a male patient more comfortable, this inspite of the fact that you previously admitted you would not accept a male assistant for your gyn exam. Now consider those facts and try to reconcile them with the fact that you say you use a female assistant to record data while you perform full physicals on males including DRE's. So to sum up you don't feel its worth the effort to call in a male nurse from another floor, and you subject male patients to the very same situations that you openly admit you would not accept yourself. And yet..you don't see a problem defending the status quo.

Now, does this make you the evil witch of the west, or does this actually reflect the current mentality and attitude of the medical community as a whole. There seems to be common areas of contention between patients and providers. One is the feeling among providers that there are two sets of rules, one when they are the provider and one when they are the patient. Providers seem to think that patients should accept the very things they themselves will not. Second, there seems to be the attitude among providers that it is about them, "we are all professionals" "I have seen hundreds of those" "it doesn't bother me" etc. are just an sample of how providers seem to think it is about them, not the patient. Guess what, you being naked doesn't bother me either. The fact that calling a male nurse from another floor is just so unreasonable to make a patient feel comfortable tells a lot. Lets see, you are getting paid, paid well, you are in your normal work environment, with people you know, doing your routine, fully clothed...so I can see why that request by a person who is sick, possibly in pain, stressed, maybe scared, and now nude or uncomfortable would be unreasonable. It isn't about you, the patient is the focus, the patient is paying the bills, you are there to take care of the patient, you are not their warden. And as for the existance of a double standard...pleaseeee...so how many male providers would get by with hiring a male assitant for examining females especially when exposure is required. How many facilities require females to have a chaparone to examine males. Society as a whole supports this, female reporters in male locker rooms, why its their right...male reporters in female locker rooms while they shower...no way, courts have ruled male gaurds patting down female prisoners is cruel and unusual punishment...but female gaurds can pat down and strip search males...

Betsy, this may seem like I am coming down on you personally, but the reality is I think your honesty is actually a mirror of the medical community as a whole. While you are willing to expose (pun intended) your true feelings, many providers try to soft sell or deny. So while I commend you for your guts and honesty....I have to say, you exhibit many of the attitudes and failure to recognize the shortcomings and arrogancy that make the medical experience so unpleasant for many. I am fortunate, I have my own insurance and the resources that make me a desired patient, so, if you or your facility won't accomodate me...there are plenty, even with a shortage of doctors who will...I feel for those who have no choice, or don't have the confidence to demand what they are paying for. We will demand the minimum wage kid get our $1.25 hamburger just the way we want it, but allow the best paid people in society to give us what ever they want....but then times are changing, like it or not, patients are starting to figure it out...you need us as much, or more than we need you...there are new medical facilities, express meds, and alternatives popping up every day..some of them have figured out what McDonalds already knows...giving the patient/customer what they want makes sense...dollars and cents.

Author:
Rebelheart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:51:02 04/22/09 Wed

Jmes, we have disagreed a lot, most of the time on my part at least, it has been an agreeable disagreement. The short of it is that we are victims/beneficiaries, depending on your personal view, of the values that were instilled in us as children. We all tend to carry these values throughout our lives.

Some of us value having no one see us naked.
Some of us don't consider that to be a salient issue.

Fortunately, there are many medical providers and a wide range of care given. Might be best for each to just go to the care giver that addresses the important issues to them, be it keeping them fully clothed, bare ass naked, or somewhere in between.

Author:
Vera
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:38:22 04/22/09 Wed

"..whom do you think the majority would label as deviant or abnormal..."

At the risk of being politically incorrect, what makes you think either group is deviant or abnormal? I wonder if the problem you rightwingers (oops...traditionalists) have on these matters is that you are just not open to sex unless it carries with it someone else's approval? Time to begin thinking for yourself?

In any case, the way you phrased that question predicted the answer, at least in your mind. So it is a phony choice, because it is no choice at all.

I realize it is not your fault. You were never allowed to experience sex by yourself, but was it also true that you were never allowed to think for yourself?

Author:
james
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:56:44 04/22/09 Wed

Hey Reb, how you been, I also have enjoyed the banter we have had in the past, even when we got under each others skin. I could not agree more, I truely feel we are to a large degree defined or at least influenced by our upbringing. Not nesecarily good or bad, right or wrong, just different. And we should each seek the provider that makes us comfortable. Now don't think this means I'm not going to have at it with you in the future...just agreeing on this one..

Vera, Vera, Vera, you missed my point, which is not surprising really, I assume you are a dummycrat...opps I mean progressive got all the answers folks. You seem to take offense at labelling the CFNM folks and yet the first thing you do is...label. That is a perfect example of what I was saying. People who protest being labeled or other people labeling, those who cry out loudly against intolerence often are the most intolerant people I know. You evidently consider the right intolerant, yet there you are making all of those judgements simply by slapping the label right winger...now thats funny, thats a pretty strange way to show how open and liberal minded you are. My point was simple, we all live in glass houses to some degree. RK feels strongly about what is being posted and stated his opinion, where upon he was attacked by a self proclaimed CFNM person. Now I really don't care who or what you do. Thats your business and it isn't up to me to determine whether its right or wrong...but, I would lay money the majority of society would find that behavior, lifestyle, whatever you want to call it abnormal compared to a person who is modest even in the medical setting. And therefore...the point is....stay with me here, you shouldn't be attacking rk for his beliefs and opinions when you yourself could be just as easily or even it might even be easier to attack you. It often seems that people who are in the minority have less tolerence for the majority than the other way around...not always, but this is an example of that. So VERA, I appreciate your concern that I "was never allowed to experience sex by myself"...but actually as a young man I did quite often, now I prefer to experience sex with my wife of 30 years...I realize monogamy with the same partner, and an opposite gender partner at that, is pretty right wing, pretty old fashioned..now if you prefer it by yourself, with other women, with other men, multiple men I really don't care. That is you business, but rk has every right to state his opinion and I just find him being attacked and told to go elsewhere to be a bit ironic....sort of like you Vera getting all rightous about someone labeling a self professed CFNM while you jump to the conclusion that I am a right winger,,,guess what, I am a registered Democrat though I see myself as independent and voted for O'Bama...pretty right wing eh......

Author:
james
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:02:05 04/23/09 Thu

OK OK I can't stand it, I lied, I didn't vote for O'bama, the rest is true, I am a registerd demo, I do consider myself an independent....but I didn't vote for O'Bama and I am glad........change my ass, how does millions for acorn qualify as economic stimulus...but thats another subject....I had to come clean, stand by the rest

Author:
Vera
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:01:45 04/24/09 Fri

I didn't believe you had, and for that matter thought the rest of your post was too dumb, too ungrammatical and too poorly spelled to justify a reply.

[> Subject: Current nursing practice regarding same or opposite sex providers

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:25:40 04/24/09 Fri

Don’t shoot the messenger. I’m only reporting what I hear. I had supper with a friend who teaches nursing at a local community college. I ask about same sex and opposite sex caregivers doing a catheterization. She says nurse is nurse first and gender second. If person needs catheter s/he is going to be uncomfortable enough so s/he isn’t going to care what the sex of the caregiver is. Q: Male nurse-female patient? A. He should go ahead and do it. Q What if she wants a woman? A She has a choice. Q do you offer a choice up front? Like does he ask if she’d rather have a woman A. No. He just does it unless she protests. Q female nurse and male patient? A. Same deal.

[> [> Subject: Re: Current nursing practice regarding same or opposite sex providers

Author:
Al
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:58:57 04/24/09 Fri

Thanks.

That sounds about right, in practice I mean. And reasonable, too.

Did you ask about the % of nursing students who are male vs. female?

Author:
Not another one
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:37:08 04/24/09 Fri

Vera seems to be our newest forum troll.

Author:
Rebelheart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:59:34 04/24/09 Fri

No, the trolls are people who keep posting under names like "not another one". You would have more respect if you would still to one name. Gee man, it's the internet.
No one here is ever going to see you in person. What are you so damn scared of?

Author:
You Rebelheart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:25:51 04/26/09 Sun

Some people are tired of having their name dragged through mud by people like you and your buddy Piff.

Author:
rk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:55:20 04/25/09 Sat

Betsy: In response to what your friend told you:

"I ask about same sex and opposite sex caregivers doing a catheterization. She says nurse is nurse first and gender second. If person needs catheter s/he is going to be uncomfortable enough so s/he isn’t going to care what the sex of the caregiver is."

This idea that a nurse is a nurse first and a gender second is the kind of nonsense that is taught. A nurse can "pretend" that he or she is not a he or she first. That's called "make believe." The nurse can "act" or play a "role" that implies that he or she isn't a he or she. But that's just game playing, a strategy to get the patient to do what you want them to do. It makes the nurse feel good becuase the nurse thinks that this pose makes the patient feel comfortable.
When you first meet someone, one of the first things you notice about that person (probably the first thing) is whether they are a man or a women. Gender is up front. So let's not lie about this. The nurse may play the game that he or she isn't a he or she but just a "nurse." But the patient notices. Don't kid yourself.
The statement that a patient getting a catheter is uncomfortable enough that they don't care about the gender of the provider -- interesting. How do you know they don't care? Have you asked them? Your friend is firm that they don't ask. So, let's be real honest -- you don't know how the patient feels. You assume how the patient feels. And, you're not even willing to ask.
I'm really disappointed if that's what nurses are being taught in school. On the other hand, I don't think that's what taught in all nursing schools. At least I hope not.

[> [> Subject: Current hospital procedures to rk

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:18:19 04/25/09 Sat

These days all my patients have a choice. I'm in primary care, and they all know, I hope, that when they get "Betsy" that their provider is female. Ladies who have homophobic fears of a woman touching their parts, or shy men can pick our nice male PA or nice male MD's.

Remember, rk, I only passed along what the nursing instructor said was taught. I'll try an grill her with your questions a little later.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Current hospital procedures to rk

Author:
Wayne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:36:20 04/25/09 Sat

Betsy, tell us about some of your experiences with male patients with erections.

How did it make you feel, and do you think it was embarrassing to the patient.

I have had erections during an exam and I was not embarrassed.

Author:
rk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:17:35 04/26/09 Sun

Betsy:

"Ladies who have homophobic fears of a woman touching their parts, or shy men can pick our nice male PA or nice male MD's."

Do you actually realize how condescending that sentence reads? So -- people who want same gender care are homophobic -- both men and women? And men who want same gender care are just "shy." It's as simple as that, huh? But you'll give them the "nice" PA or the "nice" male MD?

You express the kind of attitude that turns some people compltely off to medical professionals. It's this paternalistic, moral high ground, condescending, attitude that comes through. An attitude that says -- Poor fools. We'll tolerate your feelings but don't for one minute believe that you're normal. But, because we're nice, we'll deal with, put up with you. Frankly, this has nothing to do with the technical skills you possess as a nurse. But it represents real failure to empathize and communicate that empathy to patients. And those skills are as important as the technical ones.
Now, I don't know if that attitude comes out when you deal with your patients. But, to me, it's certainly coming out in your comments here.

[> [> Subject: Sexual preference for provider,reply to rk

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:27:38 04/26/09 Sun

Some of my female friends have confided in me that they 'don't want a woman touching me down there.' I'd interpret that as mild homophobia.

So, guys out there who, upon coming to our office pick Dr. Frank instead of Dr. Mary, based on the sex of the provider do you think you're shy? or is 'shy' a pejorative, unfair description?

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Sexual preference for provider,reply to rk

Author:
Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:03:09 04/26/09 Sun

I always pick a female health care provider. They care more.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Sexual preference for provider,reply to rk

Author:
Al
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:12:40 04/26/09 Sun

I agree with you -- that is exactly how I feel about it: women providers care more. But, do they care more because we are male? And, similarly, do male providers "care more" for women patients because they are female? It seems to me that could be the case.

But, regardless, I agree completely and find the difference absolutely striking and without question -- women providers definitely seem to care a lot more about me than male providers when I deal with them. They take more time (measurably by the clock), are much more friendly and personable, remember details over time, spend much more time actually touching, touch more intimately (including doing genital checks that male providers ignore), convey a sense of nurturing, give a lot more info and listen far better. They also smile more, joke more and respond better to whatever I say. Overall, they don't just seem to care more -- they DO care more.

And this is based on dozens of comparisons in my lifetime, not just a few encounters here and there.

Author:
rk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:59:33 04/26/09 Sun

Betsy:

I think perhaps there's too much stereotyping and labeling going on in medicine -- without any evidence. Doctors and nurses should be, among other things, people of science. Deal with the fact that people are different. Unless you have evidence for why, just accept that they're different.

I think you said at one point you have an MA in nursing. Then you know that heuristics are good unless your short cuts are too short and cut across too many facts. You also know about stigmatizing.

I find Ultra and Al's comments fascinating. If they said that about male doctors instead of female doctors, their comments would be considered sexist. But it's okay in our current politically correct society to diminish men as they are doing. It's one thing to say that you prefer one gender over the other as a doctor for personal reasons. It's another thing completely to say that women are just better doctors than men. That's sexist. It's also not true. There are good women doctors and good men doctors. Both genders have their lemons, too. Females in general tend to have some stengths, males other strengths. When you start stereotyping races or genders, that's called racism and sexism.

Author:
Another ism
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:36:29 04/26/09 Sun

You left out one important ism, CFNM'ism. Both ultra and Al are big CFNM fans so of course they prefer women. They think a medical exam is a big sexual charge, not something you do for your health. Maybe some day they'll be sick enough to actually want to see the doctor who can help them the most, not the ones who are good at fondling their balls. They must keep their behavior under control though; otherwise most women doctors would quickly get rid of them.

[> [> [> Subject: hey, ism...

Author:
Al
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:41:48 04/28/09 Tue

still playing with yourself?

jealous of guys with big balls?

afraid a female doc would laugh at your little weinie?

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: hey, ism...

Author:
'another ism'
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:29:54 04/28/09 Tue

Gee Al, I'm overwhelmed.
I'm tempted to respond but I try to limit myself to adult conversations.

Author:
james
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:38:14 04/27/09 Mon

So lets take this a step further, Betsy you said you would not accept a male assistant for your pelvic exam...does that mean you are lesbian or maybe slightly lesbian because you don't want a male assistant down there.....or are you just one of those shy females that needs a nice female ma. To me this is a perfect example of the arrogance of medical providers, it is exemplified not so much as their hypocrisy as for their failure to recognize or admit what is so obvious to everyone else. Sort of the emporer has no clothes, everyone sees it, but pretends. So a nurse is a nurse first....unless that nurse is a male nurse attending you during your pelvic exam right Betsy......I think the problem is, it is hard for providers to admit they to have some of the same concerns becasue then they would have to admit the validity of patient concerns...that I understand, it would make things harder for them...the part I don't get is their tendency to demean or be condencending to patients when they have the same concerns....

Author:
james
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:13:15 04/28/09 Tue

hey al, always been an asshole or was that an acquired skill

Author:
Al
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:01:28 04/29/09 Wed

talking to yourself again, james?

Author:
rk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:36:21 04/29/09 Wed

James -- Don't even respond to people like Al. Just go back and forth with people who have something worthwhile to say. Make believe they don't exist. Ignore Ultra and Al unless the decide to engage serously in this discussion.

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:51:00 04/29/09 Wed

Charlie, do you and your buddies rk, james and their ilk really think you are getting anywhere by trying to say Ultra and I are some sort of fetishists just because we are comfortable being nude around female clinicians? Whom do you think you are fooling with that nonsense? Look, if you feel shy or vulnerable in such situations and can't get over some woman eying or touching your twig and berries, there is really no need to take it out on others who are not equally shy and vulnerable. It makes you look childish. For my part I have said my experience is that the large majority of the time I have gotten better medical care from women -- period. Indeed, considerably better. And that is based on years of having gone to male doctors and more recently to female doctors (mostly).

Personally, I don't care really if you do call me a fetishist. CFNM from what I know of it seems like a completely harmless enjoyment. And if it makes you feel less vulnerable about what women really think about your sexual parts, I can understand that. But worrying about whether or not Betsy is a lesbian or bisexual, and thinking that somehow might illuminate her motives, shows where you are really at -- hung up on your own sexuality and needing to hide it. It's as plain as day to the most casual observer. When you grow up, you will see that too.

Author:
Charlie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:47:56 04/29/09 Wed

I guess Al and Ultra aren't into "CMNM". That explains a lot. I know I shouldn't even take their comments seriously, but on what do you base your findings that women doctors care more? I've had the exact opposite experiences in my life but I would never say that all male doctors care more than all female doctors. Are your theories based only on experiences you and other members of your CFNM club have had?

In my opinion both James and rk are absolutely right. I would also like to know if Betsy is a lesbian or a bi-sexual.

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:11:50 04/29/09 Wed

Charlie, do you and your buddies rk, james and their ilk really think you are getting anywhere by trying to say Ultra and I are some sort of fetishists just because we are comfortable being nude around female clinicians? Whom do you think you are fooling with that nonsense? Look, if you feel shy or vulnerable in such situations and can't get over some woman eying or touching your twig and berries, there is really no need to take it out on others who are not equally shy and vulnerable. It makes you look childish. For my part I have said my experience is that the large majority of the time I have gotten better medical care from women -- period. Indeed, considerably better. And that is based on years of having gone to male doctors and more recently to female doctors (mostly).

Personally, I don't care really if you do call me a fetishist. CFNM from what I know of it seems like a completely harmless enjoyment. And if it makes you feel less vulnerable about what women really think about your sexual parts, I can understand that. But worrying about whether or not Betsy is a lesbian or bisexual, and thinking that somehow might illuminate her motives, shows where you are really at -- hung up on your own sexuality and needing to hide it. It's as plain as day to the most casual observer. When you grow up, you will see that too.

Author:
'another ism'
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:36:26 04/29/09 Wed

Personally, I don't care really if you do call me a fetishist. CFNM from what I know of it seems like a completely harmless enjoyment.

Nuts like Al C are anything but harmless. He's a full blown fetishist who has bragged in the past how good it felt to stand there nude and be 'admired' by the lady practitioner. The vast majority of women practitioners are put off by this kind of nuttiness (Betsy RN may be the exception) and don't want any part of it. At the very least, they don't want their time wasted. At the worst some go into women's health fields. Somewhere online you can find what a real female urologist who calls herself Keagirl thinks of them.

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:10:33 04/29/09 Wed

As an adult person with many experiences of doctors of both genders, I think like "Al C" that generally(of course, there are some eceptions), ladies doctors are more serious and more thoroug than male doctors and I feel like him more comfortable when I am examined by a woman doctor because I am more confident in her interest for me as a patient.
Of course, there is nothing sexual, their behaviour is always professional as it should be.
I am not at all embarrassed as I could be when I was a teenager because we both know that I am a patient and she is a doctor.

For a teenager over 16 age, it could be different but even if he is embarrassed, I think that it is not a big deal and it is good to help him to grown up without an excessive modesty in medical situations.

Author:
Steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:03:03 04/29/09 Wed

You don't get any more childish than this.

http://www.voy.com/219711/349.html

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:20:21 04/29/09 Wed

Awwww...

...did I step on your little toes? So sorry. But I often answer silly questions with silly answers...

Author:
james
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:56:32 04/29/09 Wed

Al, I am not surprised you didn't get the point of my post. It did require a little cognative thinking. Let me break it down a little for you (called dummy it down). My point was providers (like Betsy) often subject and expect patients to accept things (such as opposite gender assistants) which they (stay with me here) themselves (again Betsy) will not accept when they are the patient. That makes them hypocites (big word I know, it means say or expect others to do one thing and they do another). Sometimes they demean (that means say bad things) taunt (tease) their patients to accept these things (like call the shy and say they will get a nice nurse) or question if they are homophobic (thats where they are afraid of homosexuals) to get them to comply or accept. I turned the tables and applied those concepts to them, I was being sarcastic..(never mind you wouldn't understand). I really could care less if she is lesbian or vegetarian, my point was she was being condecending (again a big word you would not understand) to people who express the same concerns she has. Now, considering you accuse others of saying you and Ultra have CFNM fetishes when Ultra himself says this and you identify yourself with him....it is easy to understand your inablitly to understand this simple concept.....Betsy on a previous post admitted she prolong exposure to some patients becasue she could tell they were into it, she admits she uses a female assistant but would not accept a male assistant if she was the patient (for exams requiring exposure), so I understand why you would jump to her defense. I give her credit for making statements she knows will draw fire, and I respect Ultra for clearly stating he is into CRNM (I don't care, doesn't make him bad), but you try to take a position of superiority by labeling everyone else as odd, your the most pathetic of all. Betsy has more balls than you (I actually meant that as a compliment Betsy). Atleast she and Ultra are honest...if your into CFNM fine, admit it, nothing wrong with it, but don't accuse others of labeling you, and don't demean others for not being like you. Betsy appears perfectly able and willing to handle the heat or she wouldn't post like she does.....

[> [> [> [> Subject: No, you miss the point, james...

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:16:17 04/30/09 Thu

These ripostes are supposed to be interesting and, above all, amusing.

Your tired little rejoinders are neither, and what's worse, wordy and full of misspellings.

Sharpen your pen
and try again.
Life's too short
when japes abort.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: No, you miss the point, james...

Author:
james
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:27:40 04/30/09 Thu

gee al, I thought this was an informal exchange so I wasn't worried about spelling but I will try harder to proof read and correct my typo's. A sophisticated gent like you must really be annoyed by this. Enjoy your fantasy

Author:
Johnny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:31:39 04/30/09 Thu

Al C, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you were the moderator of this forum and the one to decide that the posts should be "above all, amusing".

Nice post james. Now that is what I call "amusing", not someone sharing their fantasies starring him, his female doctor and the sexy young nurse.

I think these are more your style Al C and Ultra.

http://www.literotica.com/

http://www.dickflash.com

http://board.sensations4women.com/vsBoard/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=stories

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:00:48 04/30/09 Thu

From my point of view, you are one hung-up dude, Johnny. I have said repeatedly that I prefer female practitioners because I find their care better and more friendly. I also enjoy the female attention. All you, and those like you, see in those comments are fetishism. So I ask you -- who is having the real fantasies here -- you or me?

Methinks you are looking in the mirror and are appalled at what you see. What you should consider is this: perhaps female practitioners actually do give me better and more attentive care precisely because they (at least the ones who have worked on me) prefer males, just as some female patients, because they perceive getting better care from men, prefer male practitioners. If I were a practitioner I would prefer working with women, because I like women. I don't dislike men, but I prefer women. Color me crazy or fetishistic or a sex maniac as you want, but that is just the way I am. How are you?

Look in the mirror, man. That ogre you see is you.

PS As for "amusing", life in general should be amusing. Haven't you realized that by now? How old are you, anyway?

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
james
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:35:23 04/30/09 Thu

yeah come on Johnny you have to find Al amusing. After all when one admits to CFNM and then denies fetish and then wants to admonish others for their behavior..that is pretty funny. Once again, the al's of the world want to condemn others for their behavior when society as a whole finds CFNM to be abnormal...even deviant. Personally I don't care, if you enjoy it and you aren't hurting anyone, enjoy yourself...but if you live in that glass house....

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Al
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:41:25 05/01/09 Fri

Deviant?

Please get a grip. Sexual attractions and feelings do not have to be condemned out of hand just because they are not approved by some church or narrow doctrine.

Think for yourself.

Author:
james
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:14:50 05/01/09 Fri

Exactly my point, you choose to label Johnny or others as having something wrong with them, yet when the same critical eye is turned on you...you take offense for not being open to your opinion or lifestyle.....open your eyes, they have the right to their opinions just as you do and it doesn't make them anymore wrong or abnormal than your choices do.......

Author:
willie T
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:35:09 07/24/09 Fri

Getting back to the subject of this thread, I recently posted a message talking about nurses "peeking" under the gown of patients who were already asleep en route to having their operations. The two girls routinely looked under the sheets of their patients to check out their packages. They told my friend that this is a common occurrence when they are working together and have an inert patient in their care. They only peek at attractive male patients from teenagers on up and consider it one of the perks of the job.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
It's about time
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:48:48 07/25/09 Sat

So many perverted medical "professionals out there. I'll bet the vast majority of patients have been peeked at, especially while unconscious. It's just like trusting someone at a fast food restaurant to not secretly spit in their burger while it's being made. We assume (and hope) it doesn't happen but it does quite often.

I frankly have more respect for a teenager flipping burgers than I have for nurses.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Rebelheart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:57:53 07/28/09 Tue

I am a male and I have a female doctor. She does have me undressed completely briefly during the rectal, (DRE), and testicle exam. It just isn't a problem, either for her or me. She respects me and my privacy and most important of all, she is an excellent doctor and takes good care of me and my wife.

Actually, I think I am more comfortable with a female doctor than a male one. I have had both and never lost any sleep about being nude with any of them.

I was only uncomfortable with one ultra sound tech and that was because she was so nervous. I chalked that up to either her being so inexperienced or maybe having had a bad patient just before me. I got over it with little or no permanent psychological damage.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Long time reader
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:15:58 07/29/09 Wed

"I got over it with little or no permanent psychological damage."

The rest of us may have developed a quite different view of your psychological damage, pal. Let's just say we're rootin' for you johnny-reb types now that we have a decent and quite smart black prez. It provides the perfect environment for you to demonstrate personal growth.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Rebelheart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:07:21 07/29/09 Wed

And somehow politics is involved in this board?

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't know what you are talking about. What does Obama have to do with anything here. I do have some personal opinions, as do most of the people here, and they do not match the rank and file. Just ask James and he will tell you. My personal growth is doing just fine thank you.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Long time reader
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:13:03 07/29/09 Wed

"My personal growth is doing just fine thank you."

Glad to hear it. Now don't you think Obama has helped even guys like you? Keep up the good work!

Author:
Eraser
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:12:29 08/10/09 Mon

I think James is Pifnötil, or whatever he was.

Author:
Don
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:21:48 08/13/09 Thu

james was the anti-piffnatol. He was fair but firm on his posts. Piffnatol bashed everyone.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.