VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
rk
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03:08:29 04/15/09 Wed
In reply to: Ultra 's message, "female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males" on 15:51:12 03/30/09 Mon

You know, Betsy, I've passed the dirty diaper test, too. But that's not the point.
I think we need to just agree to disagree. I can't grasp your reasoning. Maybe you can explain it to me.
You say: "Some of my classmates in CNA school were new inexperienced teenagers, and hadn't ever seen a naked male. I hope rk can empathize with them. They were very anxious."
I do empathize with those young girls. I do understand they were anxious. But, you know, Betsy -- I empathize much more with the men they "cared" for. Those men were anxious, embarrassed, shamed, perhaps humiliated. And what for? So that these young girls could get some experience? Where does human dignity, patient comfort, and advocating for the patient come in here?
So, you send new, inexperienced teenage girls to do intimate care on young and adult men. I could understand that if, at the same time you were willing to send young, inexperienced teenage boys to do intimate care on young and adult females. But we know that never was and never will be the case. The double standard at its worst.
This change that happened "in the distant past," where suddenly male orderlies are gone, the men who used to do things like cath males. And now female nurses and cna's do that job. That distant past -- why did this happen? How do you think the men feel about that? I realize today that there's more choice, but still not enough. The best nurses working in the best hospitals and clinics perhaps offer a choice to men, depending upon staffing. But the ratio is still what -- about 95 percent female nurses and cna's?
What really disturbs me about your story is how the nurse instructor, in order to "boost the courage" of these young, inexperienced, anxious teenage girls, encouraged them to use the power of their position, authority, the power of their uniforms, the fact that the men were sick, that they vulnerable, having been "stripped of his tiny scrap of a gown," as you say -- use this form of intimidation to just get the job done. Doesn't that strike you as wrong?
This is why I think we just don't view life the same way. You apparently just accept that behavior as standard operating procedure, the way to get the job done. I see it is an abuse of power, stripping human beings of their dignity.
Maybe you can explain why I'm wrong, if that's what you believe.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Reply to rk

Author:
Betsy RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:25:06 04/15/09 Wed

I don’t think the instructor meant to demean the male patient with her comments in the classroom. Out of the hospital, especially to a teen-ager, being in close contact with a naked male would be a very threatening sexual situation. But in the hospital the situation is very different. The instructor only pointed out the relative positions of the nurse and patient. I don’t think it’s “intimidation” to remove the patient’s gown for a bath. Do you take a shower or bath with your clothes on? I might add that we were taught by the same instructor to cover the patient’s groin with an extra wash cloth after s/he was seated on the bath chair.

Rk’s concerned about having ‘young inexperienced students’ care for patients: CNA, LVN, RN students are almost always young, as these are entry level schools. How else are you going to get ‘experience’ other than by doing something the first time? At my CNA & RN schools, we had only a couple patients to care for at a time. Instructor came with us when we introduced ourselves and we always asked permission of the patient to be the caregiver. A frequent compliment from the patient was that we gave him more attention.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:56:13 04/15/09 Wed

RK if you are so embarrassed by being naked in front of female medical personnel why don't you emigrate to a country that only allows same sex examinations. Get over your high handed respect for your nakedness. Your body is not something to be ashamed of. If you can't get over your shame for your body you can always go to male doctors and refuse to have any female assistant see you naked. We are all tired of your continuous rant against female medical personnel.

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:41 04/15/09 Wed

Rk, I second Ultra's comment. Fer crissakes, give it a rest!

You seem to be basically arguing, or trying to, against the fact that there are many more women than men in nursing. That is no more reasonable than the feminists of old who argued against the fact that many more men than women were in construction (and thus got paid the greater amount that tiring and dangerous physical work commands). The genders have preferences for what type of work they do. It is fundamental to human nature.

To be direct about it, and to amplify Ultra's point, I think you need to see a shrink about this phobia of your body being seen by medical women. It ain't that bad, I can tell ya. I had an annual physical just the other day and during it my doctor, an attractive woman in her late 30s (happily married, two kids), decided she had to check on my glans (a rash that comes and goes)...so she just drew down my boxers herself, slid back my foreskin with her ungloved hand and holding my penis this way and that examined it closely in the light for signs of the rash (there were none). Then she carefully put back my foreskin and started on my testicles. She did it so naturally and fluidly that she did not even alert me to what she was doing until she had actually begun doing it (not the usual rote "now I will check your testicles", etc. about 30 seconds before she even moves) and through all of this she was happily chatting away. As I watched her do the penis check I could clearly see that was enjoying what she was doing, smiling, eyes brightening. She has examined me so many times now that I daresay she is almost as familiar with my body as her own. I even got a little hard while she was doing it. She must have noticed but...no matter. She just kept on with her exam. She clearly enjoys it and you know what? I enjoy seeing her enjoy it! It feels good and safe and I feel well taken care of. There is not the slightest hint of anything untoward or directly sexual happening between us, but this woman has saved me grief in the past (identifying heart and other problems before I knew I had them) and I like her very much.

Why not try to get yourself into that type of situation, and start by changing your frame of mind. Believe me, you will like it, medical checkups, and life in general once you do. Women are good at doing medicine and you are cutting yourself off from the benefits of their care by being so hardheaded and shy about your body.

[> [> [> Subject: PS Rk, not to be too fine a point on it, but...

Author:
Al C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:57 04/15/09 Wed

It occurs to me that perhaps your dislike of women in medicine working on you masks or stems from a general resentment about women. Frankly, I do not blame you for that if you have it...I think many men would agree that women like to, often demand and frequently succeed in having things their way these days (for complicated political reasons). In other words (and completely unpolitically correctly), I can agree that some degree of resentment towards many women these days is justified. Some women can be real ball busters and not even seem to know it, or care to know about it. But that stipulated, don't shortchange yourself by disallowing them to help you medically. You really have to ask yourself -- so what if they see me naked? Hell, I know I'm really good looking and sexy, so why not give them a thrill, especially if it encourages them to do good for me?

Author:
Reply to ultra and Al C
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:24 04/15/09 Wed

Our two avowed CFNM enthusiasts think that only they are normal.
RK's point of view is just as valid as yours and he doesn't need to be shut up. I also note that Al C is one who has been identified on other boards as posting under multiple names, sometimes women's names, just to start an argument, if it's the same Al C which is very likely. Is that also your definition of normal?

[> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:44:29 04/16/09 Thu

This is a voyeur forum. Nakedness is normal for voyeurs and CFNM types. I have seen many posts on many forims by people such as RK whose real agenda seems to be a chauvinistic rant against females.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
To Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:53:44 04/16/09 Thu

Gee Ultra. The title of the forum says 'Physical Examination Experiences' not voyeur forum.
But it's up to the moderator to decide what he wants this to be, not to either of us. But you seem to think you can decide everything.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:16:04 04/17/09 Fri

Look at the title of the forum. It says VOYFORUMS which is shorthand for voyeur forums which is what this forum has always been except for the SPAM.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
To Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:19:56 04/17/09 Fri

Voy is short for voyager information systems.
You really do think you know everything.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Ted
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:23:12 04/17/09 Fri

Yeah Ultra, there are topics of everything you can imagine in the Voyforums. What would fixing engines and Junior High school science projects have to do with being a voyeur and sharing your CFNM fantasies?

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Ultra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:55:10 04/17/09 Fri

Okay it is only a play on words but this forum has always
been about voyeuristic experiences with medical examinations. If it was otherwise, it would be simply be about doctor abuse. There are many other forums to rant about doctor abuse. Maybe I have just seen too many internet posts from chauvinistic guys ranting against women and especially against women care givers.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: female doctors or female nurses experience with naked males

Author:
Johnny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:34:55 04/19/09 Sun

Ultra, why don't you ask those "chauvinistic guys ranting against women" what gender they would prefer for their wives or mothers or daughters? There are probably some that are chauvinists but my guess is most would prefer them to see female gynos and nurses. It's not about "hating women", it's about "same gender".

Author:
Johnny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:07:19 04/16/09 Thu

Bravo rk!!! You said it perfectly!

Author:
Kenny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:04:09 01/10/12 Tue

rk: You are absolutely correct. Betsy only sees these procedures and actions as learning experiences for medical personnel. In fact, she has a tendency to make the embarrassed male patient look like a foolish, childish wimp. If I was ever approached by a medical person such as you, I would immediately grab my clothes and walk out. Just sayin'.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.