VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:34:48 07/03/16 Sun
Author: But..
Subject: Re: you two are operating under an assumption.
In reply to: you two are operating under an assumption. 's message, "Re: Shopper and I agree with you but...." on 11:54:57 07/03/16 Sun

Apartments, on their own, will not help the city. As nothing on its own, can save the city. But if the developer links apartments / condos to retail you would have a mid to higher end living and spending area. Condos would do this much better than apartments; ownership helps build pride and value of return for their own money. Not some landlords.

25M for 183 projects! Waste of money. Do not see the return to be high enough compared with all the other repairs we need to do to the city infrastructure.

The citizens (few who vote) are scared by apartments. Thats why we should look at condos. Takes the apartment view out of the discussion.

Yes some will lose homes. But many of them are rent houses and there are plenty of rent houses here in RO to pick up the one who lost out. But this is a sticky area that needs balance. OR we can just do nothing but build a handful of upper medium priced homes and hope the business tax dollars follow-and as you said, I dont think so!

Trust politicians again I do not think so also!

We need not relive old experiences by doing the something again. We need people who are willing to hold the expectations of the future to higher standard and not go with the lowest bid. QT as an example: An anchor corp. right. Except we gave up a lot to have them anchor a corner that is Fort Worth. Do they get folks to turn off 199 and drive 183? I do not think so. So lets look for ideas work for us more than they work for the company coming in. That helps all of us.

Business Guy

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.