VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:48:00 04/28/17 Fri
Author: copied from another site (Vote for Sal Limas)
Subject: For those that have not voted or still deciding

For those that have not voted or still deciding...

Hello, my name is Sal Limas. I am running for City Council, Place 5. I am 33 yrs old. I hold a B.B.A in International Business and Business Management. I was a financial account manager for 5 yrs and operations manager for 2 yrs. I completed my master degree in education and certification in education administration. I was a special education teacher for 5 years in Castleberry ISD. Currently I am Castleberry ISD At Risk Student Coordinator. During this time, I have co- founded a non profit organization www.mentorsprovidinghope.org that supports our local youth on improving themselves with good character, education, and becoming productive contributors to our community. I am a problem solver and creative thinker. I am also father to two little boys and husband to a beautiful wife.

An open mind set is needed in our community. I serve on River Oaks Parks Board where we have worked on improving our parks functions and capabilities. In my time serving on the board I worked with my fellow members on improving the baseball field with new score boards and benches. Also, I have worked with our city members and staff on ensuring our families and children have safe and useful environment. If our families and children have ownership of their community and parks they help create a culture that our community supports.

My goal in running for place 5 is to bring diversity and challenge council on thinking outside the box. Serving our community by representing their voice. Improvement does not happen by simply voting on topics or agendas. It takes hearing the voices and working along side the communities both working, retired, and even our children's opinions and visions.

I've spoken to investors and organizations that have interest in not just business but to many that would like trails, park improvements, recreation areas , little leagues sports such as soccer. There are opportunities out there, but to say I will change and improve everything if you vote for me would be dishonest and simply naive.

What I can tell you is I have a work ethic that is second to none, energy that can't be matched, open mind set that thinks outside the box. I will work with current council if elected to serve the people of River Oaks fairly, with respect, and equally. As a city we have to close the gap on how we are perceived and improve on connecting with the community.

To do that it takes high energy, attentive and understanding mindset, unbiased data driven decision making, and consistent ethical practices that help the people of River Oaks.

The hottest topic is development on our Blvd. To tackle the issue, I believe we need to involve our business owners to create dialog on pressing issues that can help improve and find solutions to our problems. To my understanding EDC currently has no representation of local business owners to share their insight, Or a committee to discuss and resolve the issues. Water will improve as city replaces lines, however our whole system will
need improvements in the future. Our city needs a strategic plan that is effective and efficient to the growth and improvements of the city with a shared vision by all stakeholders. We need to engage with our youth, working parents, and young families. We have to find creative ways to support our children and families development that continually supports our local schools by involving our local
Library and Community Center. We have to make our Community Center "Community".

Finally, if you don't want the same old way of thinking and doing, vote for Sal Limas. In the early stages of this race I was approached by a current city council member. I was asked to withdraw my running to give another candidate the clear running. I have pressed on in hopes of a fresh perspective. If anything let's take a chance for change together. We can only go up from here! Win or lose I will be working and serving this community because this is HOME. Many ask do I have time? I have faith, youth, energy, dedication, commitment, friends and family. I would rather serve and give everything I have now, and spend retirement mentoring and supporting the next generations. I would love to have your vote and serve you. Thank you for your time. May you be blessed and loved.

Sal Limas

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.