VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:44:02 05/04/17 Thu
Author: Remember what has been happening in in the City of River Oaks the last 10 years
Subject: If you have not voted early and are waiting til May 6

If you have not voted early and are waiting till May 6 remember what has been happing in the city River Oaks the last 10 years

Here is some of what Earwood's and the rest of our city leaders have accomplished in just the last year.
super save Gone
Rivas Gone
Whataburger Gone
Buds quick trip Gone
Braum's Gone
Dr Brown DDS gone to fort worth
2 auto shops 1 on River Oaks Blvd and 1 on Roberts cut off Gone

These all paid sale tax's and employed citizens of River Oaks (the new church wont and I bet the church does not repave there parking lot like the city wanted the grocery store that leased the building to do .)

Water bill going up: $4 fee, then $6 fee,and then a rate increases and we still do not have water that meets state MINIMUM STANDARDS that minimum standards the worst the state of Texas will allow.

Tax's are up

Street repairs down (we cant even fix the pot hole on Roberts cut off by the school. I mean come on they have been there for years and this is a main street in River Oaks), and a City that looks worse every day

Leaders send mixed messages they complain about steel's building not having enough masonry but let a church cover up the front with a masonry building with wood ??????????

Complain about grass in gravel drive ways but let grass grow through the city streets

Tell us the city water is safe but yet the state says it is not , and can cause caser, liver and kidney damage

First tell us they got a 15 million dollar grant then say they messed up it was a loan (I would wait till we see what the federal government is going to do with infrastructure money may actually be able to get a grant) and trust me once the money is spent most of the roads will be in the same condition or worse and the water will still not meet state minimum standards .

Blow money on the 183 blvd plan. Even if the state agreed to go forward the city could not afford the matching funds to make it work.

Blow money on the bus service that most resident did not and do not want (I did see 2 people rid one day uber would be cheaper)

Want to cram apartment down our thought's again most citizens do not want them.

So think about where you want our city to go. I personally think it is time for a major change in our city. it all starts with the mayor he sets the direction for our city, and should listen to WE THE PEOPLE OF RIVER OAKS he works for us not us for him!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.