VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:20:56 05/23/17 Tue
Author: Enjoy!
Subject: Here is a little taste of what's being said on Nextdoor.
In reply to: Matt Tatarko 's message, "Re: What does the River Oaks police do with illegals" on 20:37:43 05/23/17 Tue

Matthew Tatarko from Lions Den 4h ago

The C of A was mis-typed,as it should have been C/O. Must have reverted to my pharmaceutical development mode as C of A is certificate of analysis.

Unlike the city who has sent out erroneous water quality reports, personal information, etc, I will apologize for the mistake.

Unlike the city, I do not have people to review what I send out.

Thank you for catching that mistake.

The issue is the racially based selective enforcement of codes. These sorts of actions by individuals could be classified as hate crimes. The city turns a blind eye to the a white good old boy, renting properties without a C/O while at the some time targeting selective code enforcement against Latinos.

The discriminatory practice of an at large voting system allows for these abuses. When one group is in power without challenges it leads to abuse. It is my beliefs that the abuses of selective targeting of individuals by code enforcement , using city resources to raze properties for the Mayor's friend, and the like would be eliminated if the current election system is changed-an election system that has ALWAYS been found to be discriminatory against minority.

I want a person running for a position on our council that if there was even a hint of minority disenfranchisement support changing the system and not throw out bureaucratic answers like "the city charter will have to be changed."

I know you don't think racism occurs in river oaks and that if the Latinos want a representative they can elect them. You are wrong.

Dan, you will not eliminate the at large system because because it would involve opening up the city's charter for revision? What a bureaucratic answer‼️ You would rather preserve the chronism, than change to a fair election system that would provide fair representation to all people of the city.

You would rather see only white good old boys rather than have council reflect the ethic diversity of the city-diversity that your colleagues view as a threat to the city. Just how openly racist can our city leaders be? Just flabbergasted.

All a code enforcement person has to do is drive down the street and see the new business signs. The specifically ignored that a new business opened without a c/o. That the owner of the property is a friend of yours and the Mayor may have had something to do with the lack of enforcement against this individual.

All the code inspectors have to do is drive down the blvd on a regular basis to see the code violations. They don't have drive down alleyways or stalk the business like some city leaders are known to have done to look for code violations.

I can not have these practices in my community and will seek lawful assistance where ever possible to change the current discriminatory election system and the used of code enforcement as racially motivated hate crime in the form of intimidation and harassment.
Thank

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.