VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:06:22 05/26/17 Fri
Author: Don Istook
Subject: Very interesting comments here. Let's look at facts
In reply to: Some people like the craftsman style houses. 's message, "Re: Get off Don's case. There has been so many projects denied in this city because it didn't fit the leaders future vision...apparently their vision has gotten blurred." on 14:05:54 05/26/17 Fri

Some may like the homes we are building, some may not. I think the new home owners we have brought into the city must like them enough to buy them. What was once an almost empty lot (that was kept nicely mowed) with an old building has been turned into nice living space for very nice families. The tax benefit added to the city is about 10 times what the vacant lot was valued at.
Our homes are built using masonry (cement) siding....yes...cement...so they undoubtably pass the 75% rule. I did some simple research and the majority of the homes in that vicinity utilize siding, not brick or stone. My original design was quite a bit different, but the architect and I felt like the style we utilized was a much better fit for the neighborhood. We certainly did not just throw up homes. Soil samples, soil engineers, foundation engineers, architects...all were utilized.
As to any "favors" from city council or the city, that is a laugh. We went through the same process and inspections as anyone else. We asked for, and received...zero dollars from the city for anything. We paid proper build fees, inspection fees, sewer and water tap fees...just like anyone else.
It is amusing to hear comments about which people know nothing about.

When we had the fire department burn the existing structure, that was just a small bit of the lot preparation. It was not intended to save any money, in fact it cost me extra to do so. We still had to hire bulldozers, dumpsters, and workers to dig out the foundation, plumbing, etc. Knocking a wooden structure over is easy and only takes a short period of time. We still had to load the debris into trash comtainers, along with everything else. We actually paid more money for the food and drink for all 50 plus fireman that participated in the joint exercise than what the tear down would have been.

I certainly do not mind constructive criticism, but at least get facts correct.

I thank Johnny Claridge for his reporting of the countless meetings he has attended. Very useful information.... but to get the full extent and to learn more, personal attendance would go a long way for full understanding. I am not saying full agreement...but you would receive more knowledge. Knowledge has the ability to turn into more than just an undertanding...agreement...or disagreemnt......but can turn into better ideas and solutions for working together.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.