VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:13:49 07/01/17 Sat
Author: A reflction
Subject: Shame on Super Save and Braums

I was wanting an ice cream cone yesterday, Braums is gone.

I started thinking maybe I didn't shop there enough. But no, I went weekly for various things.

But I did not like going. It was filthy and slow. Braums has been this way for years. I always heard (from the Mayor) how the business was going to improve and remodel. Well, they did , they are remodeling in West Worth Village.

Super Save a different story, I did shop there, but only in dire situations. The place was ran down, smelled and little selection. Diary was a risk to buy there. Expiration dates past way beyond dates. I did not like the way the store kept it's inventory.

Was this store, promoted by mayor, happy to present low quality service, items and substandard building to the citizens of River Oaks? Why did our city government and code of ordinance allow this deterioration to be presented to the community.

These conditions were seen by outsiders that could have formed an opinion of our city, what we stand for and our city's vision for the future.

As, I reflect, I look at the remaining businesses: pawn shops, laundry mats, dollar stores, dough nut shops, and broken down auto mechanics.

....and River Oaks has and EDC Director.

The citizens did not drive Braums and Supper Save out, the lack of pride and greed, drove them somewhere else.

Our government kept waiving the "the remodeling flag" to keep us hanging on with a promise of their "vision for the future".

The shame and blame is on the City of River Oaks' leadership and administration.

I do not shop in River Oaks any more., sad to say.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.