VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:01:26 07/14/17 Fri
Author: Ron Short
Subject: Re: I will try to have the answer tomorrow, so you can shoot holes in it.
In reply to: Then just post what is true. 's message, "Re: I will try to have the answer tomorrow, so you can shoot holes in it." on 20:26:22 07/13/17 Thu

I know you are tired of high taxes and minimal progress. I am just trying to explain why this is happening. In a large city like Ft. Worth they have "high rent" areas that bring in a lot of tax revenue and this helps balance out the parts of Ft Worth that are "lower end" areas. River Oaks is not big enough nor is the tax revenue large enough to get the ball rolling. New construction and larger population is the key. If River Oaks was full of homes comparable to the ones Don Istook built on Yale and Meandering and we had some GOOD apartments we would be in much better shape. This problem didn't create itself overnight and the fix will not happen overnight either. Like it or not, many homes and businesses in River Oaks need to be torn down and replaced with new construction. The tax money has to come from somewhere. Ron

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.