VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:48:23 08/02/17 Wed
Author: Ok, I will give you that, but....
Subject: Re: is Ron our next Fire Chief ?
In reply to: From the inside 's message, "Re: is Ron our next Fire Chief ?" on 13:04:30 08/02/17 Wed

All posters on the site are concerned citizens. Some run for council, some volunteer some passionately speak their minds. But yet get slammed. No one ever calls anyone.

The citizens have been taxed to death by the city and CISD.

There are many people who stick their necks out, share their phone numbers and ask to contacted, but instead get bashed for their good deeds, and yet they continue and take the glare and nastiness of council and their followers.

I think if the fire department would stay out of politics, Ron (bless his heart, needs to back off a bit) maybe citizens would find the FD less needy.

I am for a pay freeze for the year, hiring Progressive to collect refuse and closing the library and community center except for rentals and public meetings. But I don't think that will cover the price tag for a paid dept. There's no bigger supporter than I.

Some people fee they have to give up too much, similar to you fire fighter families. Their loss of time, resources are just as valuable as the fighter. The little guy gets lost in this money grab by city. That is just the way it's being talked. I'm not going to mention the water. The citizens are just frustrated all the way around.

Our mayor has made the residents leery of city involvement and mistrust has taken root. It doesn't help when the mayor quickly calls for frustrated citizens to be hauled out by police for voicing their concerns.

After all, the council meeting is where a citizen should air their grievances.

God bless the fire department and God bless the River Oak citizens and all that run for office and sits on boards go generously and the true volunteer.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.