VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:11:23 10/07/17 Sat
Author: look around at all the non-tax paying entities we have.
Subject: If you want to know why we can't afford a paid fire dept.....

I don't know the exact number but I've heard we have between 13-20 tax exempt churches in our city. Not to mention things like Lions Club, Mason's, school properties, do day cares pay taxes? Also, the private schools in our area. When you add it all up, and we are a city of a little over 2 square miles, you can see pretty easy why we cannot afford a full-time paid fire dept.. Not with so many properties not paying their fair share.

I know they're all tax exempt, but these are services which cost money and our city doesn't have enough residents or businesses to overcome all of these tax exempt entities.

It's time for a property owner to pay a fire tax. Or, we could take the 1/4 cent sales tax that currently goes to EDC and give it to the fire dept. Just some thoughts.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.