VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:33:20 11/06/17 Mon
Author: Fabian Neathery
Subject: Rest in Peace - R.O. Police Officer-KC Schoenthal
In reply to: Amen 's message, "Flags lowered to half-staff as a mark of respect for victims of mass shooting at church in Sutherland Springs, TX until until sunset Nov. 9." on 09:09:00 11/06/17 Mon

Yesterday, we lowered our city flag to half staff to honor River Oaks Police Officer KC Schoenthal. He was sworn to protect and serve his community. One day after our loss, the State of Texas is grieving the victims of the largest mass shooting in the history of the State. I don't want to give air time to this shooter. I want all focus to be on officers like KC, who dedicate their lives to keep us safe from people like this who would do us harm.
May God be with the families of these victims, as well as the community this tragedy has affected.
I have just returned home after lowering the Texas State Flag by order of the Governor. Two flags now at half staff on the same pole; one for protecting and serving, and one for harming and destroying. Tonight, our city flag rests beneath our State flag. Even in his passing, KC shoulders the weight of an entire state in mourning.

How poetic.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.