VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:22:25 11/08/17 Wed
Author: Copied from Nextdoor
Subject: Public Service Announcement For CISD Parents

Public Service Announcement For CISD parents.

Hello there, Bobbie from Sansom Park Lead here.
I tried to pick out the neighborhoods that weren't in CISD, so if I missed some please forgive me. I failed Land Nav twice during my time in the ARMY. With that being said, let me pass on some information I received. I decided not to use the events feature this app has because there are quite a few of them and this will keep it all in one place.
November 9th- Castleberry ISD and HREBA are proud to offer this free informative class to parents at Joy James Elementary School. From 5:30- 6:00 pm. or 6:30- 7:pm.
Limited Child Care Provided. This is also Parents Night at this school.
November 16th- Castleberry ISD Resource Night from 5:30-7:00pm at Irma Marsh Middle School
Resources that will be there are listed below:
The Parenting Center
New Horizon Counseling
Community Action Partners
Living Water Church
The Warm Place
Lions Club
River Oaks Methodist
& Many More.
They will also be giving away (4) $25 gift cards.
November 17th: Castleberry High School Competition Gym from 5:00 AM (you read that right) from 5 AM to 7 AM CBS 11 Will be reading the weather reports!
Anne Elise Parks, CBS Meteorologist will be at Castleberry High School highlighting our academic and sports programs, along with the marvels of our three communities!
All are welcome to attend, showing community support.

Another PSA:
We had a Site Based Committee meeting up at Irma Marsh last night, and it was pretty neat. Lots of ideas came to the table about how we can get more parent involvement, ways to educate parents on things we may be missing.

Here is a list of things they may try to work on and see if there is any you would like to add to the list, comment below.
-Educating parents on what apps our children are using. Maybe making it a weekly thing.
-Having a class to teach parents how to use Skyward to check their students grades, attendance, any disciplinary issues, etc.
-Tutoring at Irma Marsh is held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. They are going to try and work on better giving a heads up for scheduled tutoring so that parents arent finding out the day of and can better plan on a pick up.
-Also discussed was finding a way for our kids to volunteer with the elderly, or looking to find someone who can host dance classes free of charge, maybe even a homework club? The idea is to start finding ways to help build community relationships between parents and students, and to get the kids off the street, or away from just watching youtube or games or television.
There was some other things discussed but I can't quite remember it all. I should have taken better notes. If you attended the meeting and I missed something, please share it with us.
Disclaimer: This post is written with what information was passed down to me and how I interpreted it. I do not work for Castleberry ISD. I did mention to them that they could perhaps use Nextdoor as a vehicle to pass out information. I am not sure how that will work, or if other schools use NextDoor or how that even works. I wonder if it would be like the way Tarrant County can only post information and not reply to anyone else. I will have to look into that further in the Community Guidelines.
I hope this has helped and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.