Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...
[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:59:32 02/04/18 Sun
Author: City Council Workshop Notes
Subject: Dagel's Notes
Dan's Notes are now Dagel's Notes
I decided to change these from Dan's notes to Dagel's notes to clear up any confusing.
Tuesday February the 6 is the next town hall meeting it starts at 6:00 PM.
It is also my Birthday, so for my birthday present it would be nice if as many people as possible would attend the meeting.
I know they will be going over the water project again and the start of the project was originally to be back in October 2017 for the pipe and the bidding as of Jan31 still is not done.
At the Saturday city council meeting ( January 27 ) the project was discussed and the new date would be some time in May for the pipe to start .I don't think it will start till around October or November myself.
On the treatment plant we were told at the November meeting the contractor was fab the parts (this was to be a 3 moth project) so why is it not done yet?
Then there is this there was a ordinance passed fall 2017 for the street Truman drive east of Gustav street Behind Little Nacho Body Shop it is a dirt street and only effected this 1 block in all of River Oaks (can you say selective enforcement) limiting parking till 10PM if I remember right.
Anyway now the is another individual that is buying the property (Franks I believe) with Jess donuts and the city has decided to pave this area for parking just for the new developer ( Franks) that will remodel the store fronts. the agreement is basic a public parking for the new developer. and no one else so that means little nachos will lose this are as well I guise he will have to move since the city is taking his parking lot away .
Don't forget if you are not registered to vote. I will have some voter register cards at the town haul meeting. Last day to register is Thursday April 5 2018.
Please exercise your right to vote your vote is very important
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
- Re: Dagel's Notes -- Dagel what is going on with Little Nacho Body Shop? I understand they are way behind..., 13:07:53 02/04/18 Sun
- I heard the body shop has not paid since April 2017 -- $$$ (NT) -- Little Bird (Drag your feet over 10 months $$$$$$), 14:16:39 02/04/18 Sun
- Re: Dagel's Notes -- Little Nachos and Jessie's, 16:41:58 02/05/18 Mon
- Re: Dagel's Notes -- I think from what i heard-, 06:16:39 02/06/18 Tue
- Re: payback plan -- EDC only gets 1/4 of every sales tax dollar so over the next ten years the businesses will have to generate 600,000 in sales tax just to re-coup EDC funds of 150,000., 19:05:38 02/06/18 Tue
- Re: payback plan (NT) -- Its not just the EDC that recoups its the city in more taxes!, 07:52:50 02/07/18 Wed
- Re: payback plan (NT) -- Sorry, your math is flawed. EDC gets 1/4 of a cent of every sales tax dollar. To recoup $150,000, you would need sales of $60,000,000., 17:01:55 02/07/18 Wed
- Re: payback plan (NT) -- Or, $600,000 per year. But, in ten years, the valuation of the dollar will be much less, so the equation will change greatly to recoup that dollar amount in future dollars., 17:05:02 02/07/18 Wed
- okay, lets do the math. EDC gets 1/4 of every penny. It takes a 100 pennies to make a dollar. A quarter of that would be .25 cents. (NT) -- Another CISD Einstein... obviously, 05:48:06 02/08/18 Thu
- Re: okay, lets do the math. EDC gets 1/4 of every penny. It takes a 100 pennies to make a dollar. A quarter of that would be .25 cents. (NT) -- Look at percentages. Total,city sales tax is .02 per dollar. The EDC tax is .0025 per dollar. Divide .0025 by the funds invested ($150,000). My CISD math gets me 60,000,000. That is,the amount,of sales required, no matter what the time frame is, to reap,$150,000., 19:39:20 02/08/18 Thu
- $$$$$$$ (NT) -- Big Bucks (Come one, come all), 10:28:31 02/09/18 Fri
- Re: $$$$$$$ -- Yes, if you are willing to invest hundreds of thousands of your own money and sign a personal guarantee to repay the incentive to get the ball rolling on redevelopment, PLEASE COME!, 08:36:04 02/10/18 Sat
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
Forum timezone: GMT-8|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.