VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:01:56 02/17/18 Sat
Author: New code language passed Tuesday, Feb 13, 2018
Subject: Dagel's Notes

Dagel's Notes

Dagel's Notes February 16 2018

I have had a couple of people ask why I am doing this. One person thought I was trying to run down the City of River Oaks.

First, let me say I have the best intentions for the City of River Oaks. I have made it my home since 1985. I love the small town feel and the fact that I know so many in the area. River Oaks is in a geographic place that is easy to access just about anything you would need. We are 10 minutes from the cultural district and hospital district, 5 minutes from shopping and restaurants, and for those working in downtown, you are home in 5-10 minutes.

The reason for Dagel's Notes is to get people to talk about River Oaks. The good and the bad.....where they would like to see the city go and question why something did not work. Question city leaders at every chance to get them to take action and make sure their voice is heard, and to let you know some of the new laws the city is coming up with that can affect your lives. As the old saying goes, "WE THE PEOPLE".

Here is new code language passed Tuesday, February 13, 2018.

I will state the highlights:

If you pick up scrap or anything else from someone's curb, you must have a permit. The permit is free, but you need to go to River Oaks City Hall to get it. This includes anyone who might stop to grab something off the curb that someone is tossing out, even if it is one item a year. So ask yourself, do I, my wife or kids grab something to use at the house or sell at a garage sale? Even aluminum cans. So get the permit. There is a large fine if you do not have one.

The city is getting new (well, used) 800 MHz radios from North Richland Hills for free, but we have to pay for the infrastructure. It is saving the city around $30,000 to bring our fire and police department into the digital age. The police and fire departments have been asking for this system for many years and now they are finally getting it.

April is cleanup month. The city will take old tires all of April for free. Just set them at the curb if you don't need them. Get rid of them before mosquito season starts. As a note, the city will pick them up for $5 per tire the rest of the year, but you must pay city hall in advance of pick up. So, here is a chance to save some money.

CRUD MOBILE EVENT SCHEDULED: This year’s Crud Mobile will be at River Oaks on March 24, 2018, to collect household hazardous waste. The City will also take electronics for recycling and paper for shredding. Tires can be dropped off at city hall that day for free.

FIRE DEPARTMENT OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULED: Chief James Brown has announced that Saturday, April 21st, from 10:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M. is the date for the Fire Department Open House. There will be hot dogs and drinks free to the public and there will be on display our fire apparatus along with fire trucks from other agencies. We are also inviting the 911 representatives to be there. They will be demonstrating the jaws of life. If you have a car to donate, let them know.

If you are not registered to vote, time is running out. The last day to mail your registration in is April 5, 2018. I will have some voter registration cards at Blvd. Scoops on Friday, February 16, 2018, between 4:00 PM and 5:30 PM. I will help you fill them out if you need help. If you aren't already registered, please get registered and let's vote to make River Oaks a better place to live. Or just stop by to visit.

Daniel Dagel

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.