VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Confirmed

Author:
Full Obit & Link
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, April 15, 10:39:22am
In reply to: Dead at 117 's message, "Italys oldest woman, Emma Moreno" on Saturday, April 15, 10:17:51am

Link...
http://tinyurl.com/kv23lmc

THE world’s oldest person has died today at the age of 117.

Emma Morano was the last known survivor to have been born in the 19th Century.

Emma’s personal doctor today revealed today she had passed away at her home in Italy.

The mayor of her home town of Verbania in northern Italy told local media: “She had an extraordinary life, and we will always remember her strength to help us move forward in life.”

Last year she celebrated her 117th birthday with friends, neighbours and her doctor.

Morano was born in November 1899 — and her life has spanned three centuries, two World Wars and over 90 Italian governments.

She claims the secret to her longevity might be down to eating the same things day in, day out.

Emma lives alone and has thrived despite an unorthodox diet which includes raw eggs and little fruit or vegetables.

Long-time physician Doctor Carlo Bava said: “When I first knew her she used to eat three eggs a day, two raw and one fried.

“Today she has slowed down a bit, she only eats two a day, three may be a bit too heavy.

“Ever since I have known her she ate very few vegetables, very little fruit.

“The main feature (of her diet) is that she always eats the same things, every day, every week, every month, of every year.”

Emma said: “My life wasn’t so nice. I worked in a factory until I was 65, then that was that.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
And he obit headline is incorrect. She is not the last survivor of the 19th century (NT).Saturday, April 15, 10:41:24am

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.