VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Pedro the Acrobat (last name unknown) plunges to his death moments before headliners Green Day perform

Author:
Spain
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, July 08, 12:04:34pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3973843/acrobat-dies-after-falling-100ft-from-cage-at-mad-cool-festival-in-front-of-35000-people-but-headliners-green-day-play-on/

DEATH PLUNGE HORROR Acrobat dies after falling 100ft from cage at Mad Cool festival in front of 35,000 people – but headliners Green Day play on
The performer, named only as Pedro, plunged to his death moments before Green Day came on stage
By Jenny Awford

8th July 2017, 2:47 am  Updated: 8th July 2017, 5:02 am

AN acrobat has died after falling 100ft from a suspended cage in front of 35,000 people at Mad Cool music festival in Spain.

The performer, named only as Pedro, plunged to his death moments before headliners Green Day came on stage – but the band decided to play on.

An acrobat has plunged to his death during a performance at Mad Cool music festival in Spain

Fans have slammed the punk band for continuing the show, with one writing: “I’m ashamed of you”.

Green Day has since tweeted: “We just got off stage at Mad Cool Festival to disturbing news.

“A very brave artist named Pedro lost his life tonight in a tragic accident.

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.”

Disturbing footage shows the moment the acrobat fell to his death above the crowd.

He was performing a stunt in a small cage during the Prince song ‘Purple Rain’ when tragedy struck.

British actor Adrian Randle who was at the festival wrote: “I couldn’t in good faith stay to watch Green Day perform after that.

“Thoughts go out to the family of the performer.”

Spanish newspaper El Mundo said the show was delayed for about 30 minutes as police spoke with festival organisers before the show was allowed to continue.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
The acrobat's ful name was (NT)Pedro Aunion MonroySaturday, July 08, 12:16:02pm
Forgive me if you disagree but I feel Green Day should have NOT performedTheir lame excuse: "we did not know he died"Sunday, July 09, 07:42:43am

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.