VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I was surprised by how many native witnesses there seem to be to her demise. On the other hand, there are several questions that remain unanswered for me...

Author:
Still on the fence Buckeye
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Monday, July 10, 05:09:06pm
In reply to: Lemnpiper 's message, "Lotta Stuff indicated her death on Saipan ,BUT that potential gravesite being disturbed in 1944 &1968 seems odd." on Monday, July 10, 03:53:55pm

I still have trouble believing she could be so far off course despite the shows best attempts at explaining it. We're all human and we all make mistakes but this was one of the best fliers of her generation and she had Fred Noonan along as a navigator just for this reason. The distance from Howland Island (their original destination) to the Marshall Islands is some 1500kms. Thatís one hell of a mistake!

If she was indeed captured as and held as a spy why are there no Japanese soldiers in that photo? They just took her off that ship and allowed her and Noonan to stand there amongst the natives with no-one guarding them? And then they let someone take their picture!? Whoever the Caucasian male is, he's looking right at the camera so whoever took that photo wasn't hiding the fact they were taking their picture.
Theyíve determined the name of the ship shown in the photo a Japanese military ship called the Koshu Maru. I donít know how many crew members are on a ship of that size, 50? 70? 100? But If we know which ship it was, why hasnít anyone tried to find any surviving crew members and asked them about the incident? Shirley theyíd remember towing in a captured American spy plane even if they didnít know who exactly was piloting it. In the documentary, the never even address this possibility.
And if she and Noonan were kept in a Japanese POW camp and so many native witnesses got to see her, why has no-one attempted to find any of the Japanese soldiers stationed there and ask them about it? How many female American spies do you think they held there? Itís not like it wouldnít be remembered. Again, the documentary never asks these questions.
And this woman from British Columbia who claims her short wave radio picked up a female voice in the days after Amelia disappeared that she recognized as Earhartís. She claims she tried for years to get someone to take her seriously. Why didnít anyone believe her? Was there something about her or her claim that didnít add up? something that might cast aspersions on her or her story? Again, this is never addressed leaving the viewer to wonder why nobody ever looked further into her account.
There are other issues I have with some of their story but these are the most troubling. Maybe it is her; the number of witnesses on the island is compelling. I wish they or someone else had bones. DNA would solve it for sureÖ..

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
New Evidence debunks History Channel's "Crazy" theory.Surviving Crew Member of Ship in Photo Refutes Claim.Monday, July 10, 05:11:25pm

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.