VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Harry Scott, Jr., former NASCAR owner

Author:
He was 51
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, August 03, 02:06:58pm

Former NASCAR team owner Harry Scott Jr., has died at age 51, according to friends and business associates.

Scott — a lifelong race fan — entered the sport as an Xfinity Series sponsor with Accu-Doc Solutions in 2009 with Braun Racing. The Raleigh, N.C. native quickly moved into the ownership side, first with Todd Braun and driver Brian Scott. He partnered with Steve Turner in 2013 and Turner Scott Motorsports was born.

That season, TSM won the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East title with Dylan Kwasniewski. The organization also fielded cars in the NXS and Camping World Truck Series.

Scott eventually went on his own with HScott Motorsports and recruited Justin Allgaier in 2013 for a limited run on Monster Energy Cup Series. He also provided rides for aspiring drivers Ben Rhodes and Justin Haley in ARCA and Kyle Larson, Justin Marks and Brennan Poole in the Xfinity Series.

HSM purchased James Finch’s Phoenix Racing in 2013 and expanded to a full-time Cup schedule in 2014 with Allgaier.

“I’ve always been interested in racing, always been a race fan, always been attracted to it,” Scott told NASCAR.com in 2015. “Growing up in Raleigh I wasn’t in the racing scene, I didn’t grow up in it. My father was a physician. The first real inside exposure that I had was with Todd and that group. I was introduced to them in Daytona in February of 2009. We built a friendship and then we built a partnership in 2010."

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-owner-harry-scott-dies-938104/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.