VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Of course by the end of the decade (the 80s), actor Daniel Day-Lewis earned his Oscar for his portrayal of the troubled Irish artist.

Author:
Artist Christy Brown never saw the biopic done of his life. Brown died 7 years before the premiere.
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, September 07, 07:01:02pm
In reply to: Wrote "My Left Foot" 's message, "Archive: Christy Brown, Sept. 7, 1981" on Thursday, September 07, 12:35:27pm

"My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown" is a 1989 Irish biographical drama film co-written and directed by Jim Sheridan and starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Brenda Fricker, Ray McAnally and Fiona Shaw. It tells the story of Christy Brown, an Irishman born with cerebral palsy, who could control only his left foot. Christy Brown grew up in a poor, working-class family, and became a writer and artist. The film also stars Julie Hale, Alison Whelan, Kirsten Sheridan, Declan Croghan, Eanna MacLiam, Marie Conmee, and Cyril Cusack. It is a partly fictional biography, adapted by Shane Connaughton and Jim Sheridan from the book My Left Foot by Christy Brown. ...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.