VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I found a few more that could be added.

Author:
List below...
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 06:00:28am
In reply to: a sad but comprehensive (and accurate) list 's message, "OT: Rock And Roll Heaven 1955-1985" on Tuesday, October 10, 08:43:55am

1. Lew DeWitt of The Statler Brothers who wrote "Flowers on the Wall" which peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100.
He died on Aug 15, 1990

2. Phil Seymour of The Dwight Twilley Band, they reached #16 with "I'm on Fire" in 1975. Seymour also had a top 40 solo hit with "Precious to Me" in 1981. He died from cancer on Aug 17, 1993 at the age of 41.

3. Greg Guidry, singer/songwriter who peaked at #17 with "Goin' Down" in 1982. He died by suicide in a fire on July 28, 2003 at his home.

4. Rod Temperton, keyboardist and songwriter with Heatwave who also wrote "Off the Wall" and "Thiller for Michael Jackson and "Give Me the Night" for George Benson. He died in 2016.

5. Bernard Edwards, bassist for Chic. He died on Apr 18, 1996.

6. Jimmy Stokley of Exile who sang lead on "Kiss You All Over." He died on Aug 13, 1985.

7. Colin Cooper, saxophonist for The Climax Blues Band. who sang lead on their hit "Couldn't Get it Right". He died on July 3, 2008.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
You should email the site admin to have them added. I have a couple of additions as well, Don Gant and Tupper Saussy (The Neon Philharmonic) (NT)Ted G.Wednesday, October 11, 12:09:32pm

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.