VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: OT: celebrities who successfully bounced back from scandal and/or jail time and/or embarrassment

Author:
Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry and Jack Barry for openers .....
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, November 11, 04:23:28pm

Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13-year-old cousin (or was she actually 12?). His rock and roll career was pretty much washed up. But a few years later he had a very successful country music career.

Chuck Berry spent about a year in jail for violation of the Mann act. After his release he made a successful comeback with "Nadine" and "No Particular Place To Go" and, a few years later, with his #1 hit "My Ding-A-Ling."

Jack Barry was a game show host and developer whose reputation became tarnished due to his involvement in the 1950s quiz show scandals. Over a decade later he re-emerged successfully with "The Joker's Wild."

Merle Haggard spent an appreciable amount of jail time before picking his life up and becoming a country music legend.

And a couple of "Take it to cards" examples.

Senator Richard Nixon had been accused of improprieties relating to a fund established by his backers to reimburse him for his political expenses: his "Checkers" speech saved his career and he was elected Vice-President. A few years later, In an impromptu concession speech the morning after his gubernatorial defeat by {at Brown, Nixon blamed the media for favoring his opponent, saying, "You won't have Nixon to kick around anymore because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference". Yes, that was embarrassing. But he did did become President. Then there was Watergate, and he did not recover from them.

Donald Trump. "Access Hollywood." Bounce back? President Of The United States.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Minor typo(no one's perfect)Saturday, November 11, 04:25:14pm
In film, Robert Mitchum found huge success after reefer conviction, and Ingrid Bergman not only gained a 1950s comeback after being knocked up by a married man, but WON an Oscar to boot!And going way back, actor Paul Kelly killed his married lover's husband, served time, and gained success in films again!Saturday, November 11, 06:50:05pm
Woody Allen and Roman Polanski come to mind (NT)Polanski won an OscarSunday, November 12, 08:55:57am
Without debating her geniune celebrity, I saw an ad for Mama June's new show and recall that her prior show was quickly yanked after she admitted a relationship with someone who was a convicted child molester - (NT)and had abused one of her own relatives - yet she is back...Sunday, November 12, 12:56:22pm
Erin Andrews (after embarrassment that was not her fault) (NT)Careerwise doing well though there are concerns about her healthSunday, November 12, 01:42:59pm
List I Can Think Of In My MindDavid S.Sunday, November 12, 02:04:16pm
Then there are the flame outs ....Robert Blake, Jan Michael Vincent, Jeffrey Jones, Gloria Graham, Mabel Normand, Richard Nixon, Captain Charles McVay, (NT)Garry Glitter, James Stacy, Gary Condit, etcSunday, November 12, 02:24:07pm
Casey Kasem bounced back from his "dead dog" rant"I got mad"Sunday, November 12, 05:03:54pm
Comedian Michael Richards (NT)(NT)Sunday, November 12, 08:14:31pm
Drummer Buddy Rich was known for his many rants. And Paul Anka had his own well-publicized rant. (NT)I don't believe they hindered their success.Sunday, November 12, 09:28:43pm
Matthew Broderick after killing 2 people in a car accident. (NT)Continued to work and won another Tony.Monday, November 13, 06:51:25am
Steven Collins from Seventh HeavenNY NewsMonday, November 13, 10:51:36am
Kanye West (NT)(NT)Monday, November 13, 03:11:28pm

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.