VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Thank-you for including Nancy's obit here. She was my neighbor and long time friend...

Author:
DannyR (Louisville)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 07:03:12pm
In reply to: Dies at 91 's message, "Actress Nancy Lea Owen" on Tuesday, January 09, 11:29:49am

actually, she was my parents' neighbor. She was a very nice lady, rather well to do. I recall someone in the block saying that Nancy was one of them, plain as an old shoe, just one of the neighbor ladies.
She played Tommy Lee Jones mother and Martha Plimpton's grandmother in the film "The River Rat." At the time it was filming, a local newspaper article stated that both Ellen Burstyn and Colleen Dewhurst wanted the part, but the producer and director wanted the unknown Nancy Lea for the part - after Nancy gave a touching audition.
She was later in the movie about Larry Flynt, with Woody Harrellson and Courtney Love. Nancy spoke highly of director Milos Forman.
My favorite memory of Nancy was from years ago when her son and my brother played football for the local high school. After the game, the players were all dirty. Nancy told several of them to get into her pristine Cadillac, she was taking them to the Dairy Queen for ice cream. The other mothers said "No- your car is too clean!" Nancy said it was nothing a good cleaning wouldn't handle. Now all of you follow us to Dairy Queen.
I'd see Nancy every so often at the grocery or drug store. Always friendly. She will be missed here in this town.
Her son Pat was my classmate.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.