VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Dear Mr. Barlow

Author:
Erik
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, February 08, 07:24:02am
In reply to: Dies at 70 's message, "John Perry Barlow, Grateful Dead lyricist and Internet activist" on Wednesday, February 07, 03:36:28pm

To be honest, I didn't know what I was getting into but once I saw where I was I realized I'd found the people I never knew existed but always wanted to be with.... for that part of my life.

The sense of community fostered by the fans, the creativeness expressed in the parking lots, the heathenness of it all in modern day society.... these things didn't exactly feel like home and maybe that's why I fell in love with 'The Scene' so much.

I got on the bus at the tail end of it's trip, it full with life and memories of young and old, a bus that had several tires changed along the road, but yet it still drove on from town to town bringing that circus to town along with it.

I didn't know that I fit in at the beginning.... but nearly thirty years later, I am still here with the music, your music, in my head and on the walls of my home.

Your lyrics have inspired me, soothed my aching bones... Hell, I incorporated your lyrics from I Will Take You Home into my wedding invitation that I drew and designed over twenty years ago.... my son? inspired by and named after one of your songs....

There were seeds of inspiration.... Traditional, Covers, Garcia/Hunter.... but there was Weir/Barlow and today I celebrate that part of my life, the part where I was introduced to you and your words.

Thank you, Brother. You were and are a very important part of my life.

"Wherever we go there will be birds to cheer us
Flowers to cover the fields that we roam
Wherever we go, I will be right there near you
You can't get lost when you're always found."

I Will Take You Home, John Perry Barlow

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.