VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Nini Theilade, Danish ballet dancer and choreographer

Author:
Dies at 102
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 12:22:50pm

The dance was worth it

Nini Theilade died 102 years old early Tuesday morning. She got a nuisance and slept quietly after a long eventful life in the service of the dance.

"It's hard for me to separate the dance from life," said Nini Theilade several times.

And it's no wonder, since she was five years old, dance was her strict and relentless master, but also her gentle and gentle lover, where she could seek refuge from real life's not always easy demands and challenges.

She was born on Java as the only child of a Danish father, and a Dutch-born mother with a very international background. The mother was educated Dalcroze dance teacher, but had even given up a dance career. When she discovered the daughter's innate dance talent, it's not too much to say that she devoted her life to developing her abilities. To that end, the family moved to Denmark and then to Paris, when the doctor at the Royal Ball dance school refused to take up the little girl because of weak ankles. The doctor was basically right, but Nini wanted to dance, and along with her Russian dance teacher in Paris, she developed her own style, where the beauty lay in the graceful movements more than in the toe dances.

She debuted as a soloist at the age of 14, and danced - with her mother as a present manager - for full houses across Europe and the United States. When you watch the small movie clips that still exist, they seem almost shaking sensual.

"I do not know where it came from," said Nini Theilade in his old days. She looked at the small movies with clear blue eyes under the white hair. "I did not know God what I did. But I must have had it in me. "

She had it in itself, but it was in that, outside, mother was a woman to keep the worshipers away, even to a degree so she took care of them to keep them from Nini. Outside the scene, Nini went in pleated skirts and ankle socks and played with dolls. Sensitivity was expressed exclusively on the stage.

When Nini got married 25 years old - with a much older man - she initially thought that the erotic was very upscale. It was much more satisfying to dance for a dedicated audience.

Nini led a diary during the period when she danced for the great German theater and filmist Max Rheinhardt and with Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo, and it shows the back of the sparkling star life. Almost every day there stands. ğDead tired. Went exhausted to bed. "" Seems everywhere. I'm so tired". Side up and side down. But she still knew. To forget about the dance - to stand on stage and to feel the enthusiasm of the audience - to work with choreography and to see how her ideas about the dance could be folded out and realized - the dance itself: It was worth it.

It was for Nini, until she died. Although she was fully aware that the dance requires large victims. And that the victims are given in particular by the dancer's family. Not only does star status require an almost inhumane work, but also a concentration that closes everything else outside. Also the considerations owed to their family - not least their children. Nini recognized it all and she did not spare herself when she told her about the failures that have been - especially to her two children. Still, she could not lie: it was worth it.

She taught dance students at Oure Sport & Performing Arts School, until she was 98 and loved it. The students, on the other hand, worshiped her, even though she did not tolerate wings in the roller. She started at Oure when, after her second husband's death in 1990, she returned to Denmark to enjoy her otium. For ten years she had run a three-year ballet training in Lyon. A school that still exists in her name. It did not get any otium, but happy days of teaching both at Oure and Odense Theater's student school.

Nini Theilade lost her daughter last year. She leaves three grandchildren in France, one son and son-in-law in Denmark and grandchildren enough for a football team.

https://www.b.dk/doedsfald/dansen-var-det-hele-vaerd

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Starred in 1935's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" with the likes of Olivia de Havilland, Mickey Rooney, James Cagney, Joe E. Brown, Billy Barty (NT)Quite the cast.Tuesday, February 13, 12:46:37pm
The Hollywood Reporter obituary.DialMForMoviesTuesday, February 13, 03:53:54pm

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.