VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Full obit text

Author:
R.I.P
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 03:53:30pm
In reply to: She was 61 's message, "Dana Haggard, backup singer and oldest daughter of Merle Haggard dies of heart attack" on Wednesday, April 11, 03:38:25pm

Just a few days after the second anniversary of country legend Merle Haggard’s passing, his family was in mourning once again. His youngest son, Ben Haggard, took to Instagram on Wednesday (April 11) to reveal that Dana, his oldest sister passed away the day before.

He posted a very sweet photo of Dana hugging Merle’s arm and wrote, “My oldest sister Dana passed away yesterday. This photo absolutely broke my heart, I know she’s hugging dads arm again. I’ll miss you sister RIP.”

In recent years, Dana performed in her father’s band, The Strangers, as a backup singer. Merle made music a family affair – Ben was the lead guitarist, and his wife Theresa also sang backup. When Merle passed away, The Strangers finished out the rest of Merle’s tour dates with Ben and Merle’s older sons Noel and Marty singing lead.

According to Facebook posts from close friends, Dana passed away from a heart attack. Another friend announced Dana’s death on Facebook.

Dana’s mother was Merle’s first wife Leona Hobbs, who passed away in 2006.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Haggard family during this difficult time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
According to her half brother she was missing her dad on the 2 year anniversary of his death this week and was later found dead in her sleep. (NT).Wednesday, April 11, 03:59:02pm
    Double-whammy mourning, as papa Merle (1937-2016) died on his birthday -April 6. (NT)Poor ol galWednesday, April 11, 04:58:47pm

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.