VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Eugene Pitt of the Jive Five

Author:
Dead at 80
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, June 29, 12:12:26pm

My True Story

Ron Smith
3 hrs ·
Eugene Pitt, founding member and lead singer with the Jive Five, died Friday at the age of 80. The Brooklyn native helped found the group in 1959 and they were best known for the hit, “My True Story” (#3-1961), co-written by Eugene. They also charted with “I’m A Happy Man” (#36-1965) and “What Time Is It” (#67-1962). The group may best be remembered, however, for their uncredited jingles and bumper music created for the children’s channel Nickelodeon in the ‘80s and ‘90s. Eugene also sang backup on Gloria Gaynor’s version of “Never Can Say Goodbye” (#9-1975).

www.oldiesmusic.com

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Two members of The Jive Five died at a young age. Both died of walking Pneumonia. (NT)Jerome Hanna (1942-1964) and Norman Johnson (1934-1970)Friday, June 29, 12:31:05pm
Anything that confirms it? (NT)That site isn't always reliable.Friday, June 29, 12:35:54pm
NY Times obituary .......Ed TraceySunday, July 08, 08:21:32am

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.